CFB 2013-2014

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Close game for LSU considering the time of posession for LSU was almost a full quarter in their favor.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Much longer than we would if player safety isn't continued to be accounted for. Football used to be way, way more violent. So violent that it almost got itself banned because kids kept killing each other. Turns out that is still happening, so the game needs to change again.

People need to get out of the mentality of "that's the the way the game has always been played" and "you're makin' it a pussy sport like soccer". It wasn't, and they're not. A safer game is going to add to the games longevity not subtract from it.
Seriously, your a faggot. I cant even begin to elucidate how fucking stupid you are.

Now back to the thread, UGA was dead at the half for anyone actually watching that game and that has watched UGA over the past 5 years. LSU was sloppy, but is always sloppy (save for the year they won the title, even then they had some WTF moments).

Bama looked rusty, and as though they were trying to force the O-line to gel on command today instead of giving them all season to really mesh. Prolly a good idea if they want to repeat.

UF needs to play a real team.

Ohio, nobody knows until the season is basically over because they play D2 schools so often.

ORE looked like ORE.

Vandy nearly broke my heart. But I expected the UGA flop (Who hasnt seen the Murray stats vs top 25 teams by now?)

Virginia Tech actually might be one of the better defenses Alabama sees all year, they'll probably put up more than 200 yards of offense on most teams. The reason the game wasn't close is because that's about all VT has been able to do over the last few seasons. Beamer Ball is dead...Hokies offense and special teams are both in bad, bad shape.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If anybody is watching the Cal game, another bullshit targeting call. Refs are horrible and this rule is stupid.

Borzak

I think most LSU fans are coming away from the game pretty happy. Special teams is really what killed LSU giving up the touchdowns on returns. TCU really had one drive against LSU and the other TD came from a fumble on our own 5 yard line late in the game. For LSU to get 450 yards in a game with 250 of it passing is pretty good for LSU considering TCU is supposed to have a good defense, and their backs were pretty tight on our receivers.

The biggest WTF was the delay of game coming out of a time out which seems to be a common theme with LSU.

Of course you can never tell with Miles and LSU. I bet they could play a 6 man high school team and Miles would make it close at the end of the game. Got 2 cupcakes coming up to sharpen up, I know Bama will get their act together and I don't know what A&M is going to do.

Borzak

If anybody is watching the Cal game, another bullshit targeting call. Refs are horrible and this rule is stupid.
Not on here. How bad was the call in the A&M game if you saw it? I only saw it mentioned on some forums but haven't seen it and ESPN isn't replaying it.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not on here. How bad was the call in the A&M game if you saw it? I only saw it mentioned on some forums but haven't seen it and ESPN isn't replaying it.
I didn't see the aggy one,I did hear it was bad. The cal one was ridiculous. It was the classic hit the Qb in the chest and the crown of the helmet catches the bottom of the face mask. It is roughing the passer but not targeting.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I didnt notice a single targeting call all day, and was making sure to watch for it. So there were at least 2 noted on these boards?

Really fearing that type of rule etc will be the beginning of the end of me watching college football (already quit watching the NFL almost 10 years ago because of similar rules).

Borzak

Well I learned a new rule today. Apparently there is an automatic 10 second run down of the clock when an offensive players loses his helmet. So with 5 seconds to go in a half that means the half ends....unless of course there is a defensive penalty.

Borzak

While looking for an A&M replay I see that A&M gave up 509 yards to Rice, wow.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The Oregon one was legit, shouldn't have happened. He deserved it. I missed it live but saw the replay, not sure wtf he was thinking.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The problem with the targeting rule is it is subjective, and that leaves way too much for individual translation. Unfortunately on something like this, there is absolutely no way to make it objective, so if you want a rule, I guess you just have to go that route. I just think it's a dangerous road to travel. However, personally, I think it's crap that guys get heavily penalized for at least going after the ball carrier in a rough play, but then nothing is done for cheap shots done away from the ball or after the play is dead (the shots on Clowney that I saw). Those were guys that needed to be ejected.

Georgia vs Clemson was a great game for everyone but Georgia fans. Loved it. But hell one of my teams just got blasted by Cincinnati and is going to be doing good to have more than a couple wins this season, so I would be ecstatic to be a loser of that caliber. And after yesterday, I hope there are a few players ejected for targeting hits on Johnny Football over the course of the season. Your team gave up 500 yards and nearly 30 points to Rice dude... not exactly something to brag about.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
3:30 baby!

Curious how Dyer will perform, he looked great in the open practices they had the other week.

rrr_img_42251.jpg

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Alabama looked rusty on offense, but yeah Bud Foster and that defense are legit. We'll know more in two weeks.

tOSU can only hope they don't play Bama - they'd have to find another coach after Urban's hopes get crushed yet again.