CFB 2013-2014

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The most expensive tickets for the upcoming season.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...llege-football

LSU makes an appearance in 4 of them
frown.png

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Got offered two tickets to A&M/Bama for $450 a piece. Stupid house and stupid baby.

Borzak

I just can't get excited about A&M. I saw them play in person last year. Maybe because it was the only game JFF didn't throw a TD and threw 3 INT's. I'd have to see more than a full season out of JFF.

Borzak

Got offered two tickets to A&M/Bama for $450 a piece. Stupid house and stupid baby.
One of Saban's charities gave away tickets to some Alabama home games in the Saban family suite. One of the companies I work with bid on them. The owner was going to go all decked in purple and gold and yell GEAUX TIGERS the entire game while sitting next to his wife. I think they went for 6 figures.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I just can't get excited about A&M. I saw them play in person last year. Maybe because it was the only game JFF didn't throw a TD and threw 3 INT's. I'd have to see more than a full season out of JFF.
I'd love to see Manziel crash and burn this season. Dude seems like a grade-A douchebag, he's the epitome of everything to dislike about a modern athlete. I honestly think his future NFL career will have more in common with Jamarcus Russell than RGIII unless he matures a LOT in the next year or two.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
He seems incredibly immature. And I wouldn't be surprised to see him crash and burn. BUT DAMN HE CAN PLAY SOME FOOTBALL.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has there already been an outcry about the NCAA discontinuing all future football sports games for the forseeable future? No EA contract renewal, no 2K sports, it's done until they can learn how to compensate players apparently

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Games will continue, just without the NCAA logo. The NCAA doesn't license the schools or the stadiums, so that can continue.

Also, I love Butch Jones. I'm already in overly optimistic 8-4 and win a bowl game mode and we aren't even close to the season actually starting. I don't think I've ever hated anyone affiliated with one of my teams more than I hated Derek Dooley the last two years.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Tennessee has a damn tough schedule this year. Games @Oregon, Alabama, Florida, then Georgia and SC at home. Gotta think Tennessee will be big underdogs in all of those, and possibly a slight underdog @Missouri as well, since Missouri won in Tennessee last year already. I wouldn't be surprised at anything between 5-7 and 7-5. Anything under or above that would mean some pretty big upsets happened. Even the Vandy game will probably be tough(although I think Vanderbilt comes back down to reality this year). Tennessee's schedule gets easier at the end of the year, but I think starting out 3-5 through October is a real possibility, at that point does the team keep fighting and end the season on a winning streak, or do they fold up and call it quits? Momentum counts for a lot in CFB, and it's going to be hard to establish any early on with games in September @Oregon and @Florida.

That is the one and only thing I miss about the Big 12, there were never any conference games in September, teams could basically use the entire month of September to schedule their cupcake non-con games and use them almost like a pre-season to work out the kinks. It was pretty common to easily be 4-0 heading into your conference season with a lot of confidence already. Gave you time to get your 2nd stringers some playing time and experience before the important games on yoru schedule. Although it did make for a boring month, there were rarely any important games being played in the conference.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Three more commits this weekend. Vols #1 on every recruiting service. Most 4 stars in the nation. We're signing 31 and we only have about 6 slots left on July freaking 20th. This coming off the most depressing season in the history of the program and no possibility of contention this year.

BUTCH PLEASE. I think our AD stumbled around and lucked into a great one.