CFB 2013-2014

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Ugh, I havent watched the NFL in almost a decade, and am now thinking maybe 3-5 more years before I quit watching NCAA football.

Game has gone too soft. Rather have no talent scabs that used to be garbage men playing, than have all these utterly feminist rules.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah, can't wait for all the coach's challenges and video reviews to determine if there was really 2.9 or 3.1 seconds on the clock when he spiked it. Really dramatic TV that will be.

In other news, ESPN sucks except for when a poll forUltimate Team of the last 25Years has Auburn in it!
That's why they changed it, said it was too dependant on the ref on the field to determine when the ball was actually spiked. Not sure what the penalty will be if you go ahead and spike it. Call it the Les Miles/Jordan Jefferson rule.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...u-might-think/

rrr_img_37726.jpg

Cut that fat $10 million a year check and make it happen!

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure which assertion was more ridiculous: That Texas is a better job than Alabama, or Nick Saban going to Texas would make the Big 12 the best football conference in America (and the college football STORY OF THE DECADE).

Alabama will match any offer dollar for dollar, and Nick Saban isn't taking a demotion. Texas fans are cute as fuck though. I'll give you that.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Texas is definitely a better job than Alabama. More resources than everybody, better and more in state talent, better state, MUCH better city to live in, better school, its own network, and the fans are very laid back compared to Bama fans. There really isn't a better college job. I mean fuck, it is so easy to be successful at Texas Mack Brown won a title and looked good for a decade.

Saban is the primary reason the SEC has the current mythos about it. Saban started the run, Miles won one with Saban's players, and now Saban has instituted complete domination. Outside of the two Tebow years and the one Cam year, that league is all Saban.

The best coach of his generation leaving a school after 3 or 4 national titles for another college job would definitely be the story of the decade.

Borzak

The problem with leaving any school in the SEC to another conference is you have to actually do better to make it to the title game. You can make it to the title game with 2 loses in the SEC (LSU did it). Most other conferences nowdays you are going to have to go undefeated or at most 1 loss to match up with whoever the SEC puts into the game. Depending on if they decide to make the 4 team playoff a rep from each conference it may or may not change in the future.

People think TX is big on football, and it is. But it's not like most of the SEC when it comes to college ball. Ask in Austin who UT is playing that weekend in football and 25% of the people won't know. Ask in Alabama and someone might kick your ass for not knowing. I say this after having lived in TX for 10 years. I didn't find near the college football support/fans that I did in SEC states.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The counter is the road to the playoff is easier if you aren't in the SEC, less elite teams to fight through. It is easier to go undefeated in the Big 12, on average, than the SEC.

I think what you mentioned about Austin is a huge plus for coaches. There are still a ton of loyal fans that make gameday insane but UT doesn't dominate the town otherwise. A coach can live a rather normal life in Austin despite being the coach of the state's premier program. That isn't true at an Alabama. I believe coaches want enough fans so the stadium is sold out and the program is flush with money, but not so crazy as to be constantly on the coach's back.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
He likes to be challenged, and that wouldn't happen if he was coaching the Longhorns while they were still in that conference.

shattuck_sl

shitlord
I don't see it, he's got nothing left to prove in college football. Redeeming himself in the NFL seems a lot more plausible given that's all he's got left to accomplish.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
He can cement himself as the best college football coach ever. He already is in my opinion, but another championship (or 2) would make it no argument. The fact that he is doing it playing in the most competitive environment ever in CFB (The S.E.C.) makes it all that more impressive.

I don't see him coaching in the pros ever again. Quite frankly, if he was going to do it, it would have been this season with the quality opportunities he (supposedly) had.

Borzak

I'm possibly moving to Washington state. I don't know how well I will do around people who don't give a rats ass about college football. Other than food differences that will be the thing I miss the most. How sad is that.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I feel bad for the kid. He thinks he's hot shit and he's going to be out of football and purposeless in three or four years. I put his chances of succeeding in the NFL at about 3%.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, Fiji wouldn't throw him out. There is a reason everybody hates them.

Also, what is with everybody wearing long socks these days? You shouldn't see socks.

Borzak

The new expansion at Tiger stadium that will be finished for the start of 2014. Think it's loud now, wait till they finish closing off that end. Too bad the PMAC (basketball arena) has ramps around it that prevent them from closing off the north endzone like they are doing the south one.

g3ow.jpg

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
rrr_img_38136.jpg
Yea, Fiji wouldn't throw him out. There is a reason everybody hates them.

Also, what is with everybody wearing long socks these days? You shouldn't see socks.
fuck that my under armours fuckin rule

p.s ya dunno whats up with Johnny Football. If he doesn't watch it in 10 years he's going to be telling his awesome college stories to customers at Foot Locker.

Love that dudes face on the left lol