Civilization VI

Taho

N00b
I remember Civ 3 as my favorite, but yeah, that just might be the rose-colored glasses.

Last edited:

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Civ4 will always be the best for one reason - Fall from Heaven II mod. And the fact it allowed such awesome mods to exist in the first place.

Civ5 was a day one purchase for me. I'll never let them fuck me like that again.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I started at Civ 2, Civ 2-4 have built up so much credit with me that the last civ could have been a box full of used tampons and I would still preorder Civ 6.

If fact Beyond Earth was pretty much a box of used Tampons.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I remember as a kid reading about one of the earlier Civ games (Civ 2? CTP?) in a PC gaming magazine and they mentioned a "lawyer" unit. I loled and thought it sounded incredibly boring to have a game that involved lawyers, so I wrote the franchise off. I didn't get into it until late in Civ 3's life after hearing so many good things.

I'm really looking forward to this but I won't be getting it at launch, based on how Civ 5 was.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is it really, and it's still that bad? The base game + expansion were on sale recently for $25...glad I didn't buy it.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Beyond earth has been regarded as a ton better with the expansion. But it is still not very good.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wonder if there's some Mormons with their jimmies rustled over Arabia's "Always gets the final Great Prophet" UA in Civ 6.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
This shit looks like the tits. Gonna ask the wife to let me get it for myself for my birthday later on this month when it's released.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I wish they could make better options for AI behavior when an AI military is stronger than you that weren't so direct (that could also be used by humans). For example, in the real world, America didn't just go and overthrow all of Latin America, but for a long time they wielded enormous influence that benefited America. I wouldn't mind seeing situations where some AI leaders with military strength could give better ultimatums -- use/don't use this social policy, choose/don't choose this tech path, build/don't build this item/unit, etc, or we'll attack you. Even doing something like a naval/land embargo without going to war (ie, you sit on their trade routes and they get only a small amount).

I just wish there were more options between middling friend and war.

• 1Like

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wish they could make better options for AI behavior when an AI military is stronger than you that weren't so direct (that could also be used by humans). For example, in the real world, America didn't just go and overthrow all of Latin America, but for a long time they wielded enormous influence that benefited America. I wouldn't mind seeing situations where some AI leaders with military strength could give better ultimatums -- use/don't use this social policy, choose/don't choose this tech path, build/don't build this item/unit, etc, or we'll attack you. Even doing something like a naval/land embargo without going to war (ie, you sit on their trade routes and they get only a small amount).

I just wish there were more options between middling friend and war.

Yeah I'd also like the ability to secretly support another nation to influence a conflict without any diplomatic repercussions unless a spy finds out about it. Just some form of shady shit to make it more interesting. Lend them tech for a short amount of time so they could build above their tech level. Sell units to them on the black market type of stuff without every nation knowing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I watched a lot of that dude's stream and I'm a bit worried about the AI, it was doing some pretty dumbshit stuff.

Game's looking pretty good though, I shit on the graphics early but I'm use to it now. Pls AI don't suck Pls.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
I watched a lot of that dude's stream and I'm a bit worried about the AI, it was doing some pretty dumbshit stuff.

Game's looking pretty good though, I shit on the graphics early but I'm use to it now. Pls AI don't suck Pls.

The AI is going to suck.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I can only imagine the ai will not be too smart about their district planning.

On stream it was so bad that it wasn't collecting the uhhh, fuck I forget what they're called, the things that give you things at the start of the game. There was one like right next to an AI capital that they never grabbed.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
On stream it was so bad that it wasn't collecting the uhhh, fuck I forget what they're called, the things that give you things at the start of the game. There was one like right next to an AI capital that they never grabbed.

In previous games it was ruins or barbarian huts. Now I'm like...egg.

I think streamers can't play the past the ...third? Difficulty. Which is the level newbies and retards play at.