College Football 2014-15

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Tennessee favored at home against Missouri. Interesting. If we win this one and Vandy we'd be one blown UGA game from winning the east. Lulz.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Tennessee favored at home against Missouri. Interesting. If we win this one and Vandy we'd be one blown UGA game from winning the east. Lulz.
I definitely expect this weekends game to be more like the last time we went to Knoxville, winning 51-48 in OT, rather than the 31-3 beat-down we game Tennessee last year at home.

I don't know that I expect 100 total points to be scored, Tennessee defense is decent and Mizzou's is REALLY good, but it'll definitely be a 1-score game near the end. It's going to be close.

I'll go ahead and throw out a prediction of 28-24 Mizzou.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Don't get your hopes up. Tennessee's best win of the season is vs Kentucky. They've lost vs literally every team they've played with anything resembling a pulse.

2014 Tennessee wins: Utah St, Arkansas St., Chattanooga, South Carolina(OT), Kentucky

And all of a sudden Tennessee fans think they're world beaters because they won 2 conference games in a row for the first time in probably half a decade. I do think they are getting better. I also think they are not good enough yet to be considered a favorite vs anyone with a winning record. Mizzou is going for it's 10th road win in a row. That's a pretty damn impressive streak, we haven't lost a road game since 2012.

I'm a little baffled as to how Tennessee can even remotely be a favorite vs a team that is 20-4 over the last 2 years(while playing in the SEC)

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If you think anonymous people on the internet are bad. I went to a TAF (Tiger Athletic Foundation) meeting this morning to carry a proxy vote. I imagine all booster groups are similar. Makes your head hurt. Hard to imagine these people have the money to spend what they do.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Haha, ok champ. You run with that one.
How'd you guys do in your game vs Florida?

The SEC East is a weird triangle of uncertainty this year. Missouri killed Florida, Florida killed Georgia, Georgia killed Missouri, the home team losing in all 3 scenarios. It's virtually impossible to draw any conclusions from any of that. And yes, Georgia has the best in-conference win out of all 3 of those schools from beating Auburn, but Georgia also probably has the worst in-conference loss out of all 3 of those schools, getting beat by South Carolina(at least Florida took SC to OT before losing).

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
You're the one saying it's a joke that Tennessee is favored at home over a Missouri team without a single quality win and a loss to Indiana. Doesn't seem so far fetched to me at all.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Being able to beat Kentucky isn't quite the same as beating an 8-2, top 20 team.

Tennessee is 1-25 against top 25 teams over the last 5 years(0 for 4 this year).

They aren't as good as everyone thinks they are. This game feels exactly like our Ole Miss game last year. Everyone was talking up Ole Miss last year like they had turned the corner, they had pulled in a couple nice recruiting classes in a row, they were showing signs of life at 7-3 and had just snuck into the top 25, and we went there and beat them by 2 TD.

Tennessee is still a season or two away from actually being good.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Being able to beat Kentucky isn't quite the same as beating an 8-2, top 20 team.

Tennessee is 1-25 against top 25 teams over the last 5 years(0 for 4 this year).

They aren't as good as everyone thinks they are. This game feels exactly like our Ole Miss game last year. Everyone was talking up Ole Miss last year like they had turned the corner, they had pulled in a couple nice recruiting classes in a row, they were showing signs of life at 7-3 and had just snuck into the top 25, and we went there and beat them by 2 TD.

Tennessee is still a season or two away from actually being good.
ok ok let me try this real quick in the SEC east troll circle jerk.

Ahem here I go.

''It's going to be nice ruling the SEC east again next year. Back to UGA seniors not knowing what it was like to beat Florida, Tennesee losing to us 11 years in a row and Mizzou being....still bad?"
good times.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
15 years later, mourners recall Texas A&M bonfire accident | Dallas Morning News

rrr_img_82699.jpg

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Whatsa cracks me up, 10 years past winning anything and now 34 years removed from an actual national title. Foggy has more cred than you at this point, must feel good man....

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Miss St. @ 4, let the butthurt begin.

Personally I'd put Baylor at 4, but what the fuck do I know.