7) UCLA
8) Notre Dame
9) Oregon
10) Clemson
14) Auburn

Not pictured: Georgia, Florida, Arkansas

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I think I have less beef with the SI rankings than the other two, but not to bag on you but I can't see Auburn at #3. But I also like that SI doesn't have Notre Dame in the top 10, that's smart. I also can't see UCLA ending up in the top 10. They constantly disappoint. They were supposed to be a top 5 team last year with a Heisman-candidate QB contending for a playoff spot, and they never got close to either of those goals. Now that QB is gone and you're telling me they'll be top 10? No way.

I'd personally go with something like:

1) Ohio St
2) TCU
3) Alabama (I just can't see them outside the playoff, knowing their track record in recent years, I just can't drop them down too far)
4) Oregon
5) Michigan St
6) Baylor
7) Clemson(perfect time for them to take the ACC, Florida St takes a step back without Winston and I don't think Va Tech will be all the way back yet to take the league)
8) Auburn or Georgia(can't decide which I like better here, the other probably just misses the top 10 at like #11 or #12)
9) USC
10) Florida St

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'll go ahead and pencil in Mizzou as a not-so-dark dark horse for the top 10. We aren't going to drop off much from last year. Our defense might actually be better, despite losing two DEs to the NFL (Shane Ray and Marcus Golden). QB is back, our WRs are better, our RBs are better(if healthy, half of them were out hurt at the Spring game). I see no reason why we won't contend for the SEC East yet again.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Washington Huskies with 3 first-round draft picks on their team(of course, I guess one missed half the year suspended), how the hell were they an 8-6 team last year?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
interesting info

How were the 2015 NFL draft first-round picks ranked as recruits?

8 5-star guys
7 4-star guys
16 3-star guys
1 2-star guy

Then consider that against the fact that any given year the breakdown per star(on Rivals) is roughly

25 guys get 5-star ratings
250 guys get 4 star ratings
500 guys get 3 star ratings
and no hard numbers below that, 2 star means "mid major prospect" and 1-star = no ranking.

So 5-star prospects definitely have a disproportionate amount of 1st round draft picks, and 3 and 4 star guys are honestly about even. theres twice as many 3 star players, and twice as many were drafted in the 1st round.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A mod on orange bloods analyzed this exact thing.

One out of every 3.58 five-star prospects was selected in the first round (based on a 3-year composite of the classes making up this draft.

One out of every 42.5 four-star prospects was selected in the first round (based on a 3-year composite of the classes making up this draft.

One out of every 131.5 three-star prospects was selected in the 1st round (based on a 3-year composite of the classes making up this draft.

One out of every 451.75 two-star prospects was selected in the 1st round (based on a 3-year composite of the classes making up this draft.

Here's what the numbers looked like a year ago from the 2014 Draft based on a three-year compo-site of the 2009-2011 classes.

a. One out of every 7.33 five-star prospects was drafted in the first round.
b. One out of every 28.28 four-star prospects was drafted in the first round.
c. One out of every 125.70 three-star prospects was drafted in the first round.
d. One out of every 638.33 two-star prospects was drafted in the first round.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OU is going to suck. I have very little to be excited about this season. Oh, our horrible OC was replaced by a Mike Leach disciple; too bad a Mike Leach offense has never won a MNC.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Texas is going to be pretty bad too. Would be happy with an 8 win season. 2016 and 2017 should be pimp though.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Mizzou with 4 draft picks in the top 60, I'm happy. One first rounder (Ray) and 3 2nd rounders (DGB, Mitch Morse, Marcus Golden)

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oregon now has Duck Squadron uniforms

rrr_img_96456.jpg

150320_Nike_oregon_6233_hd_1600.0.jpg

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ummmm, I dont see Miami on those lists so it can't be for real...

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Pretty fair draft ranking system:

Screen_Shot_2015-05-02_at_9.59.04_PM.0.png

The 2015 NFL Drafts 25 most productive college football teams, ranked - SBNation.com

Louisville was No. 2 in terms of raw picks, with 10. But that means giving 256th pick Gerald Christian the same value as Winston. If you go by Draftpoints, the Miami Hurricanes' seven picks top U of L's 10, and it's pretty easy to explain why. Five of Louisville's were in the bottom 100, while five of Miami's were in the top 100.

All those tweets you saw about FSU-Louisville being the most talented game of 2014? It might've actually been FSU-Miami. Either way, it was an FSU game. (And yes, yes, Louisville had the better team and all that.)

Another good example is Washington, which had only four picks but saw them all go in the top 44. That's way more impressive than Oregon State having five picks, but none until No. 89, right?
I'd say if nothing else, the state of Florida puts out a ridiculous amount of talent, 3 of the top 4 schools being Florida schools

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider