College Football 2015-16

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Most of those players that went to the draft from Louisville were also 2-3 star players. I wish they were to add college rankings to that graph, would put it into more perspective.
Mizzou makes a living turning 3-star guys into great college players. This year alone, Shane Ray(1st round), Markus Golden (2nd round), Mitch Morse (2nd round) and Bud Sasser(6th round) were all 3-star recruits.

Justin Britt who is now a starting OL for the Seahawks was a 2-star recruit, Michael Sam(SEC defensive player of the year 2013) was a 2-star, Aldon Smith(49ers, pro-bowler) a 3-star, Sean Weatherspoon(Falcons LB) was a 2-star, etc.

Our coaching staff has accepted the fact that we are not Alabama. We shouldn't waste our time fighting the Alabamas and Ohio States of the world for all the 5-star recruits. Sure, pick one off occasionally if you have an inside track(kids from MO like Sheldon Richardson, Dorial Green-Beckham, or Blaine Gabbert) but otherwise accept that your bread & butter will be 3-star kids(and below) that are super raw in high school, but have the potential to get much bigger and stronger once they have great coaches working with them.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Well, go ahead and pencil in Ohio St for the playoff next year, here is their schedule:
11248157_1583426258597984_769713578639418268_n.jpg

Odds are they'll only play 1 ranked team the entire year, Michigan St.

Pretty sure Mizzou could go 11-1 against that schedule, so Ohio St should pretty easily go undefeated.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Well, now I remember why I didn't think OSU was playoff caliber last year. What a weak schedule. VT is a fading program too so not impressive at all. No wonder Meyer wanted to start over there. No stress at all in that scheduling.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah the pleasures of your team being really bad. I give zero fucks during the offseason.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well, go ahead and pencil in Ohio St for the playoff next year, here is their schedule:
11248157_1583426258597984_769713578639418268_n.jpg

Odds are they'll only play 1 ranked team the entire year, Michigan St.

Pretty sure Mizzou could go 11-1 against that schedule, so Ohio St should pretty easily go undefeated.
Clownshoes.

2015 Alabama Crimson Tide Football Schedule

Once again we bring the heat week 1 and will have at least 2-3 other worthy opponents.

But OU will prob repeat or some garbage.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
College Football revenue numbers are starting to leak out

SEC schools will get $31 Million per school ($435M total revenue, up $145M over 2013-14)

Big 10 schools will get $28 million per school ($338M total revenue) edit - apparently this is the 2013-14 figure, this year not available yet)

Big 12 schools will get $25 million per school ($250M total revenue)

So much for the old B12 argument that they are better off with less mouths to feed, so they don't have to divide up their money as much, netting more per school.

Southeastern Conference to distribute record $435M in revenue to member schools

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Joeboo must have a room full of B12 article clippings like some crazy ex stalker.

Wakandan be cray

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
OSU is going to be better than last year. I don't really see any team being able to hang with them. Injuries always change everything, but honestly that team returns so much talent it's going to be gross. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.. but this feels like a repeat for sure.

Michigan state would give them a good game if it was home... but being in the shoe makes that game a very hard win. Rest of the big10 just isn;t on the same level as MSU/OSU and will get rolled.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't go that far. Ohio took PSU to overtime when they should have lost that game. I think people will be better adjusted knowing what all of Ohio's QBs can do.

Lenaldo

To me its not the QBs that are scary about that team.. its Zeke Elliot. As soon as his game picked up the rest of the team followed. Kid is a monster and punishes teams for cheating on pass plays. Their QBs have just good enough long balls to keep the safeties honest... combine that with zeke and its a really really touch recipe to beat. Early last year their team had not gelled yet. After zeke and the OL started taking off.. the rest was history.

Of course this is CFB so anything can happen. I'm just glad we are done with the SEC Championship Series.... At least the college football playoff requires a team to beat 2 quality opponents outside of their conference. It was nice to see Oregon/FSU/OSU/Bama settle it on the field last year. And reassuring to see the two teams that probably would have been left out (OSU/OU) meet in the natty.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Why is that reassuring? Because it provides the confirmation bias you were denied for 7 of the 8 years before that?

You know what I don't find reassuring? The fact that the playoff doubters (who by and large are/were idiots) were proved right when they worried that this would water down the regular season. Ohio State lost at home to a terrible team and got to play the in the playoff anyway. That should be very troubling, especially when you look ahead to their garbage schedule for this year.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
To me its not the QBs that are scary about that team.. its Zeke Elliot. As soon as his game picked up the rest of the team followed. Kid is a monster and punishes teams for cheating on pass plays. Their QBs have just good enough long balls to keep the safeties honest... combine that with zeke and its a really really touch recipe to beat. Early last year their team had not gelled yet. After zeke and the OL started taking off.. the rest was history.

Of course this is CFB so anything can happen. I'm just glad we are done with the SEC Championship Series.... At least the college football playoff requires a team to beat 2 quality opponents outside of their conference. It was nice to see Oregon/FSU/OSU/Bama settle it on the field last year. And reassuring to see the two teams that probably would have been left out (OSU/OU) meet in the natty.
It's very difficult to schedule a quality opponent nowdays out of schedule if you are a decent team. That's why schools like LSU have gone to playing at "neautral sites" like Atlanta for the kickoff classic, Dallas, Houston and Lambeau field next year or they can't get a quality opponent to play even with a home/home with an increased payout. Who wants to come play a quality opponent at their place even if you get a return out of it when that team has the 4th best home winning percentage this decade? When you could play shit opponents and hope you go undefeated or play as a rent a win if you have no hope of getting in the playoffs?

Lenaldo

How did it water down the regular season? It made it better. The problem with the bcs is it didnt reward the best team at the end of the season but instead the best at the beginning. Teams that got better throughout the year were punished for dropping and arly game. Teams that started good but never improved were artificially ranked high.

I think the CFB playoff made the regular season better.. Going to 8 with the conference champions would be best case
This makes the conference he's incredibly important but doesnt punish a team for playing tough ooc games early on. I'm so sick of "neutral" site games. The whole alure of CFB is the college campus. Moving games away from that setting should be a crime.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Mark May is gone? Mark May is gone. As happy as I am, and as much as I love all things Ohio State, I can't believe they picked Joey Galloway as one of the replacements for that show. He's fucking terrible lol.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Lou Holtz too. I mean it is basically like we all won our own small national championship before the season even begins.