College Football 2015-16

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
A coach leaving or not leaving is usually all about the contract buyout, not necessarily the per-year salary being high. There's a lot of schools that pay $3+ million a year for a coach without even blinking, but if Herman ends up with something crazy like a $10+million buyout, then you know he's serious about staying.

You'll also see some weird buyout clauses, like what Florida had to do to get McElwain. Florida had to agree to schedule Colorado State and pay them $2million for the game (in addition to paying Colorado State a total of like $7million). I guess that's the cost of doing business nowadays.

On the flip side, Charlie Strong has no buyout at all at Texas. He could walk away to another school and the only clause he has is that he has to pay his assistants salaries for the remainder of the year(however much is left)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you find it fun that UT is only being used by Saban in leveraging for more moeny?
All these stories, rampant speculation, and citing of "sources" is going to be very entertaining, yes. It doesn't cost UT anything. In fact, if getting Strong to leave for another job is our goal in order to save $15 million, it helps.

I agree Genji, he won't be going to Texas this time. Texas already missed its chance at him by screwing up Mack's exit.

Regarding Herman's buyout, he can always negotiate in an exception to the buyout for Texas, his dream job. That is quite common for good coaches at lesser programs that are paid well with large buyouts.

Also, the big schools don't tend to put buyouts in their contracts I don't believe. Texas has never put one in a contract. I doubt Saban does.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a mercy rule for Kansas to use? Jesus, they are terribad. 5 mins left in the 1st half and we have 300 yards rushing already lul =|

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't give us much of a shot today. We can't run the ball, can't stop the run, can't cover anyone. Even special teams looks awful at times. Oh, and now Connor Cook is hurt, and is a game time decision. Yippee.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well we're going to get killed in the SECC. Excellent 180 this year with McElwain even without the GNC kid.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man....the struggle is real. Ohio State needs to beat MSU for Michigan to make it to the Big Ten Championship.

While I don't want MSU to win just for this reason...I can't bring myself to audibly cheer for Ohio State either, because Fuck Ohio State.

#BigTenProblems