College Football 2016-2017 Season

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
How was Jabrill Peppers ever a Heisman candidate? Besides intercepting a tipped pass he was busy chasing big plays or getting blocked out of existence.

His best hit all day was on an OSU fan.

I never understood the hype either. A lot of his "big plays" were during garbage time or against substantially inferior opponents (Rutgers, etc). Only reason he is getting the hype is because they put him in for like 20 positions and he only does mediocre-to-good in those, not great. He's basically a decent "jack-of-all-trades but the master of none" type of player.

Either way, I'd kill to have him on our team. He's a good player who could be great if they focused him into mastering a few roles rather than what he is doing now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
You guys are retarded if you thought he was an actual Heisman candidate, it was all just hype. The hype was there because he plays a lot of positions and clearly its a lot of work to do that or you'd be seeing more players do it. He played well against OSU on defense but his wildcat playcalls were definitely lackluster.

Sterling

El Presidente
Kind of awesome that Navy is putting together a nice season. Vandi beating Tennessee and Kentucky winning is pretty hilarious too. Air Force 9-3 also.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vandy and Kentucky both beat ranked teams today. When has that happened?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its gonna be such horseshit when OSU is in the playoff again after not winning their conference. Remember when that was the reason used in '14 by the committee chairman against Baylor/TCU to keep them out?

Penn State winning is gonna make it interesting at least in the discussions.

Expand this shit already.

Last edited:

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Its gonna be such horseshit when OSU is in the playoff again after not winning their conference division. Remember when that was the reason used in '14 by the committee chairman against Baylor/TCU to keep them out?

Penn State winning is gonna make it interesting at least in the discussions.

Expand this shit already.

ftfy. And yes. College football has always been a complete joke when picking it's champion. The 4 team playoff has helped a little, but it's still the biggest joke in sports. And if aOSU gets into the final 4 this year, it's an even bigger joke.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I'm going to preface this by saying that I really don't think OU deserves to be in the CFP no matter what happens next week and if somehow we sneak in we are going to get blasted by 40 no matter who we play.

That said, no conference should ever have more than one team in the top 4 as long as there is another conference winner with the same or better record. There is no way to truly know if the Big 10 this year or SEC the last few years is so much more dominant just based off common early season OOC games.

If the conference has multiple teams at the top and a team with a lesser record slips by and wins the conference then maybe the league should reevaluate how they choose a champion.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
With OSU's poor outing they might have an argument to keep them out. People have been arguing they look like one of the top 4 teams in the country and after their lackluster performance even with a win I think you could argue against them. If Penn State wins they better not keep them out. Maybe OSU in at the 4th spot so they can get shit on right away and be done with it.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ftfy. And yes. College football has always been a complete joke when picking it's champion. The 4 team playoff has helped a little, but it's still the biggest joke in sports. And if aOSU gets into the final 4 this year, it's an even bigger joke.
Yea even if we pretend to go back to 2014 and have a conference champ so the committee would have its winner, both of those teams would at worse finish 2nd depending on the outcome. Ohio State is finishing 3rd in the B10 no matter what happens.

Now if it were 8 teams it would be fine...but if they let them in after fucking TCU/Baylor 2 years ago for not winning their conference (or as you said, even win their division) its complete horseshit. But we all know Herbstreit and the rest of the faggots will be all over that wagon when its beneficial to one of cfb's blueblood teams like Ohio St

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Firing Strong and hiring Herman. It is a great day.

Time to change your avatar!

1140144_630x354.jpg

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The re-re-re-re-re-re-resurrection I think at this point. Have not been good since 2009 :(

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The "committee" if they were smart should consider Oklahoma State as 10-1 going into this week due to a loss*** via egregious fucked up officiating error which would have made this Bedlam game a lot more interesting. Then you have Oklahoma/Oklahoma State vs the B1G champ for the 4th seed. If Oklahoma State won, the "committee" has the power to take things like officiating fuckups into account and should be counted as a 1 loss team. But, we all know that shit aint happenin

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ah Genji, you sweet summer child.

If that CMU game had happened to OU or Texas, I have absolutely zero doubt that they'd be sitting this week at 5/6 in the playoff ranking with a strong shot at sneaking in pending a victory this weekend. As it is though, Okie State, TCU, Baylor, WVU etc will never, NEVER get that benefit of the doubt and quite honestly it doesn't even bother me anymore. Squinky is a real thing, I've seen him fuck over OSU too many times to even bother thinking about it anymore. All that's left is OSU to get ranked too high tonight, to give me some semblance of excitement for the weekend then watch while Mixon the woman beater runs for 300 yds and 5 TD's Saturday morning. Gundy is a fucking retard for how that game ended anyway so it's hard to be upset about it, then losing to a completely average Baylor team to top it all off.

Can't wait to hear Herby try to spin tOSU into a playoff spot tonight when they shit all over Baylor and TCU a few years ago for not winning their conference. College football is genuinely the most fucked sport in the entire world, and the only one I can think of (team sport, Boxing is the worst at this) that relies on human intervention so much to determine its winners. It's why hillbillies love it so much.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Bro, just come root for OU. Then you get the benefit of the doubt every year while simultaneously bitching about how unfair everyone is towards your school.

The funny thing is that Liquiddeath and I didn't even like football before we went to OU; it took a few of our friends to convince us to buy season tickets for our freshman year. That year was 1999 and we had a brand new ballcoach named Robert Stoops. Have you heard of him?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Bro, just come root for OU. Then you get the benefit of the doubt every year while simultaneously bitching about how unfair everyone is towards your school.

The funny thing is that Liquiddeath and I didn't even like football before we went to OU; it took a few of our friends to convince us to buy season tickets for our freshman year. That year was 1999 and we had a brand new ballcoach named Robert Stoops. Have you heard of him?

Or he could just root for his alma-mater and realize that college football is more rigged than the DNC primary. :)

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I'm amazed we barely dropped. I think we should've dropped much more. However, this did somewhat expose the committee in a few regards...

FSU moved up (rightfully so due to their win vs. Florida). However, their resume is pretty much identical to ours overall but we have the massive blowout head-to-head win over them. So going by the perspective of what the committee values, we should've still been ranked better than them if they do indeed value the "whole body of work." It seems they do have some "recency-bias" in their rankings as game within the last few weeks are valued better than games of the past.

Either way, I would be happy to go to the Citrus Bowl. I'd love to go to the Orange, but with the way our o-line and defense has been playing, we'd likely be blown out by Michigan unless the Cards get back to their former selves. If Bama' blows Florida out, we may leapfrog FSU and get to the Orange either way.

Now the ESPN talking-heads are spewing on about how Lamar Jackson may lose the Heisman now. The one thing I absolutely hate about the Heisman is the fact it should be about the "best player" and not the "best player on the best teams." Lamar cannot do anything if our defense loses us the game. But yet I continuously hear that "Lamar wasn't able to clinch win over Kentucky." Well, our loss over Kentucky has moreso to do with our terrible defensive play rather than Lamar's playing. Our defense allowed them to basically run up the middle consistently and not being able to actually tackle (fundamentals). No idea what LJ can do to fix the defense as he is an offensive player, but I digress... Interesting article that I agree with: Lamar Jackson: The Heisman Trophy winner we don't deserve - ACCSports.com

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
College rankings are a joke . The entire process is rigged and will always be a joke until they get at least 8 teams.

• 1Like