College Football 2019 - 2020 Season

Louis

Trakanon Raider
The pass where the receiver clearly stepped out of bounds on his own, and then after the fact the ref chose to say that the call on the field was that he was forced out to cover his ass - can’t remember if Moss was the receiver on that one.

Yea that was Moss and it wasn't a TD, but the following plays resulted in one. There was contact, but I don't know if it was enough to consider him getting pushed out. That being said the committee won't give 2 shits about that play lol.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1573348654343.png

lol @dumar

• 2Worf

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Illinois bowl eligible with the biggest comeback in school history. Outscored MSU 27 to 3 in the fourth.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OU Ariakas OU Ariakas Y'all were just saved by terrible Big 12 refs. Blatant pass interference.

I would have rather lost. So sick of fielding shit ass defenses. I get this is the first year of a new DC but every player in our secondary that played a down for Mike Stoops plays like that. Never looking for the ball, always beaten and catching up by holding. Fucking pathetic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your DC straight up told Joe Klatt he coaches them to hold the WRs because Big 12 rarely calls it. It works so hard to fault him.

Do you think Riley ever jumps to the NFL or will he be like Stoops where every single year his name is floated and never so much as interviews?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Your DC straight up told Joe Klatt he coaches them to hold the WRs because Big 12 rarely calls it. It works so hard to fault him.

Do you think Riley ever jumps to the NFL or will he be like Stoops where every single year his name is floated and never so much as interviews?

I think he stays, his interview with Dan Patrick about the topic was interesting and made it seem like he doesn't really care about the NFL.

OU Ariakas OU Ariakas LiquidDeath LiquidDeath you guys ready for next week? I'm excited but nervous. Been awhile since this game meant anything.

Think GameDay will be there?

I am not ready and not excited after the last two games. I can only hope that our shit ass defense allows one less than our myopic QB can score on his own. I doubt GameDay will be there because ESPN has a ton of disdain for the Big XII.

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't know why but it's starting to feel like Deja Vu all over again for some reason. Can't put my finger on it.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
OU Ariakas OU Ariakas LiquidDeath LiquidDeath you guys ready for next week? I'm excited but nervous. Been awhile since this game meant anything.

Think GameDay will be there?

I didn't have fun watching last night's game, and I honestly expect you guys to win next week. I don't know how our defense went from actually playing sound fundamentally in the first 7 games to playing like Mike Stoops is still around for the last 2 games, but if that continues than it will be a track meet next week and I don't trust Jalen Hurts to come out on top of that. He isn't a good enough passer. I like Jalen Hurts' attitude and confidence, but he is not the kind of QB for our system, especially when we have incredible talent at RB but he almost always keeps on RPOs.

More than anything, I just can't wait to see 3/4 of our starting secondary never play a down of football again. They are all being recruited over, and I pray for the day that I don't have to watch a Mike Stoops recruited DB take the field for OU. Fuck that guy.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the current top 5 pretty much stay that way until the divisional matches. Ohio has the greatest chance for an upset as they take on both Penn State and Michigan. UGA has to get through Auburn as does Alabama. Clemson should beat South Carolina but hey..SC did beat UGA. The interesting question comes down to the SEC championship. If UGA were to defeat LSU(Big If), would Alabama move up or would LSU still get in because they beat Alabama? LSU wins out, and there is a chance they get into the playoffs regardless of SEC outcome.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I think the current top 5 pretty much stay that way until the divisional matches. Ohio has the greatest chance for an upset as they take on both Penn State and Michigan. UGA has to get through Auburn as does Alabama. Clemson should beat South Carolina but hey..SC did beat UGA. The interesting question comes down to the SEC championship. If UGA were to defeat LSU(Big If), would Alabama move up or would LSU still get in because they beat Alabama? LSU wins out, and there is a chance they get into the playoffs regardless of SEC outcome.

I think this is fundamentally retarded and hurts college football. We have no subjective way to compare teams so it is imperative that the NCAA makes sure to limit that bias to the best of their ability. The rule should be that only conference champions can go to the playoffs and, since there are more conferences than slots, this should allow the playoffs to test the conferences against one another for the ultimate prize. Ideally it would expand to 8 teams so that strong contenders that missed the top 4 would still have a chance but even then you are inviting bias into the system by taking a team that is not an objective champion by the rules of their conference. I know that someone is going to complain about some down year where a conference is complete shit and has a 3 loss champion; well tough shit, there are 5 conferences and 4 spots so we should always have enough decent representatives.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think conference championships should no longer exist.

With the playoff system, conference championships are really no longer needed. That would solve the problem and allow for an 8 game playoff system since you would remove the conference games. This way you have the best teams going to the championship. Allowing a 3 loss team to play in a top 4 is a disgrace to the system. Nobody wants to watch an Alabama/Clemson/LSU/Ohio beat the dog shit out of Wake Forest. That is why with the current system, LSU has a chance to get in even with the conference loss.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I think conference championships should no longer exist.

With the playoff system, conference championships are really no longer needed. That would solve the problem and allow for an 8 game playoff system since you would remove the conference games. This way you have the best teams going to the championship. Allowing a 3 loss team to play in a top 4 is a disgrace to the system. Nobody wants to watch an Alabama/Clemson/LSU/Ohio beat the dog shit out of Wake Forest. That is why with the current system, LSU has a chance to get in even with the conference loss.

You shouldn't get a chance at a National Championship if you did not win your own conference. Full stop. If Wake Forest is their conference champion they should have a shot over a non-conference champion no matter what.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It will not happen. The votes want the best teams going into the top 4. Now there can be arguments for an undefeated team having a shot over a 1 loss. That will never get ironed out until they take it to a top 8 at least. If the SEC East had a 6-3 team beat the number 1 SEC West who was undefeated, the SEC champion is not going to the playoff. The only effect that would have would be to remove consideration for the 1 loss team. As I stated, the best system would be to just remove the conference championship and go to a top 8 system. It is still going to have its drama but less so.