Comic Books

Caliane

I would not really recommend any of the batfamily. Maybe Batwoman.

Wonderwoman is by far the best DC book atm.

Demonknights was fantastic. New story arc I hear is still good. I have not caught up on it yet myself.
Some good stuff. Flash, SoS, JLdark, Animal man

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I love GL, but as soon as I miss a few issues I say fuck it and wait for the next 500-issue mega event start so I can read the previous 500-issue mega event.

Otherwise, I almost completely ignore DC every Wednesday.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I love GL, but as soon as I miss a few issues I say fuck it and wait for the next 500-issue mega event start so I can read the previous 500-issue mega event.

Otherwise, I almost completely ignore DC every Wednesday.
LOL, you are 100% correct. GL is going straight from one epic story arc into another, and it cheapens the GL books.

On the Bat family, I thought I was the only one to find their books largely unreadable lately.

Candiarie_sl

shitlord
So I've got my ipad on the way. Got Mylar set up to automatically download a bunch of comics for me. Is there a calibre-like software for managing my library and syncing it to the ipad? It looks like for Windows (which I use) that ComicRack is available but I don't know if that's what I should be using. Similarly, does anyone have recommendations for software to read comics on the ipad?

After reading this, Comic Zeal looks appealing:http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/08...brary-on-ipad/

On an actual comic note, I just read the first trades of Saga and the Manhattan Projects and really, really enjoyed both. If you like Vaughan or Hickman you'll like these I think.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I've got my ipad on the way. Got Mylar set up to automatically download a bunch of comics for me. Is there a calibre-like software for managing my library and syncing it to the ipad? It looks like for Windows (which I use) that ComicRack is available but I don't know if that's what I should be using. Similarly, does anyone have recommendations for software to read comics on the ipad?

After reading this, Comic Zeal looks appealing:http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/08...brary-on-ipad/

On an actual comic note, I just read the first trades of Saga and the Manhattan Projects and really, really enjoyed both. If you like Vaughan or Hickman you'll like these I think.
Comic Viewer is nice.

Devlin

Golden Squire

ComicZeal is excellent.

Caliane

hrm. News sights are reporting Damian does die in Batman, Inc.

Morrinson's theme is Batman and robin(Black and Red) forever. so, we'll see.

Caliane

Checking out some books.

Yeah, Batman, Inc is pretty good.
rrr_img_14994.jpg

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
batman incorporated, wonder woman, animal man, swamp thing, justice league dark, and aquaman are all excellent right now.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
What about Atlanteans like Xanadu, Morgana, etc?
Not into that, man. Every time I see an "Atlanteans Attack" story arc in Marvel or DC, I just roll my eyes. I grew up watching Super Friends, and when all of the kids were picking super heroes, whoever called last got Aquaman. And then we all laughed at whoever was Aquaman. I was five at the time. I always remember that whenever people talk about Aquaman.

Candiarie_sl

shitlord
Just read a bunch of American Vampire, got caught up on Saga, and started Bedlam. Saga is still amazing. Bedlam's art is solid, story seems good so far. Just a crazy Joker-esque villain. American Vampire is all over the place, but other people have recommended it so I assume it gets better. Next up is Prophet.

Started using an ipad3 for reading comics and I really enjoy it. I was frustrated by having to zoom each page in using ComicFlow (free), and so I went to check if ComicZeal had something to alleviate that. The first feature it lists is zoom lock. Bought it. But man oh man do I enjoy reading comics on a tablet. So good.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
So #1 and #2 in the Age of Ultron comics are out. It appears much of the world is destroyed. Its implied that a number of our favorite super heroes are dead. Tony Stark warned everyone what would happen if Ultron kept evolving. Any guesses to how this ends?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So #1 and #2 in the Age of Ultron comics are out. It appears much of the world is destroyed. Its implied that a number of our favorite super heroes are dead. Tony Stark warned everyone what would happen if Ultron kept evolving. Any guesses to how this ends?
Just a heads up, merged this post here and I changed this thread's title to be more obviously about ALL comics. Not just favorite old issues. Since that how it's always been used.

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
I'm placing bets on how they resolved it previously when they did the storyline set in the aftermath of the Ultron War at the beginning of the 'Heroic Age'.

They logic him to death.

I don't have high hopes for how Marvel writes and ends major arcs like this anymore after AvX.

Last great Ultron story was Annihilation Conquest.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Marvel is talking about its unguessable surprise ending. I'm betting theres at least one change to the universe that can't be retconned. Maybe Captain America becomes an unstable alcoholic with PTSD? Maybe they go back in time and run into Ultron there too and can't fully undo all the damage? I hope its not just: and they defeated Ultron, woke up and didn't remember a thing.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Whatever it is I think it's all a convenient device to set up the Henry Pym of the cinematic universe.

I'm not a fan of #1 and #2 at all, I'm not sure I'm even going to buy the rest (though I will anyways out of habit or some OCD 'i have the first two' compulsion). Every panel Ultron/Ultrons are drawn in they get more insectoid too.

Reminds me of Age of X
Maybe this is all in Legion's mind/altered reality too.

Enjoying a few other books right now, the Uncanny and All New X-Books especially.