Comic Books

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only thing that could make that worse is if Captain America also showed up at every one of our homes and raped our assholes himself.

What the fuck are they thinking?
Actually, this is worse.

rrr_img_134706.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know what the hell DC and Marvel are doing any more, comic book wise. It's just horrible.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Horrible!?! Next you'll probably tell me that you don't like DC's Rebirth arc with its meta-narrative about how much damage Watchmen did to comics with villain Dr. Manhattan exploding people and shit like this -

rrr_img_134709.jpg

Actually that does sound pretty terrible now that I think about it.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Actually, this is worse.

rrr_img_134706.jpg
Meglomaniac who has always had a hardon for superceeding/beating superman is taking away his identity? Sounds pretty in character with Lex Luthor to me.

For real they did not have to go through a bunch of hoops to tell smarter, more fun, brighter stories. DC just needs to fucking write smarter, more fun, brighter stories.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
rrr_img_134719.jpg

This is why DC sucks.

HEY don't read this 80 page comic that tells you everything yet, read shit league 50 and shitman 52 first, then read this comic!!!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
For real they did not have to go through a bunch of hoops to tell smarter, more fun, brighter stories. DC just needs to fucking write smarter, more fun, brighter stories.
They already hinted in Rebirth, that with the Watchmen interfering with things, to expect darker, more edgier stories.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I hope it's the opposite and this is to address Watchman's influence and set it aside at the story's conclusion.

That is probably not the case.

radditsu

I hope it's the opposite and this is to address Watchman's influence and set it aside at the story's conclusion.

That is probably not the case.
Yeah I heard it was a meta level thing where Dr manhattan made it 'grim and gritty' and that shit is going to turn around.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So...they are now saying that Captain America has always been an agent of hydra this whole time? And he's been a nazi this whole time? They are also trying to make him gay on twitter. Why don't we just make him a gay Nazi and get on with it?

Marvel Just Revealed Captain America Was A HYDRA Agent All Along | Inverse
Marvel must be getting desperate making Cap a hydra agent. Seriously wtf are they thinking? I guess their options were let's make him gay or a hydra agent. Oh well Sieg Heil Captain Germany.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Still not a fan of the idea but this is a fan conception of his Hydra costume and holy shit does it looks so awesome.

HAIL MOTHERFUCKING HYDRA.

rrr_img_134842.jpg

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Marvel must be getting desperate making Cap a hydra agent. Seriously wtf are they thinking? I guess their options were let's make him gay or a hydra agent. Oh well Sieg Heil Captain Germany.
So.. I get that hydra and nazis were linked in the movie, but did they retcon that into the comics as well? Hydra was always just a criminal organization with their own agenda, not part of the nazis, from what I remember. I've been very confused by all this talk about Cap being a nazi now. I still think the storyline is dumb as shit, but for different reasons.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So.. I get that hydra and nazis were linked in the movie, but did they retcon that into the comics as well? Hydra was always just a criminal organization with their own agenda, not part of the nazis, from what I remember. I've been very confused by all this talk about Cap being a nazi now. I still think the storyline is dumb as shit, but for different reasons.
You can read the issue here for free. Maybe you'll get some sense out of it.

Captain America: Steve Rogers #1 - Read Captain America: Steve Rogers Issue #1 Online

radditsu

You can read the issue here for free. Maybe you'll get some sense out of it.

Captain America: Steve Rogers #1 - Read Captain America: Steve Rogers Issue #1 Online
Garbage.

I don't just mean the reveal. That reveal framing is an ape of Scott Snyders work. The entire work is really forced and wants to be "hip". Red Skull is not a MRA. Why the fuck would someone say blowing up a train is good on youtube? As a new number 1 I wonder why the artwork was so rushed in the sharon carter parts. Who gives a fuck about Rick Jones? There is no impetus for him to become a hydra agent. He fought Baron Zemo for the 10 thousanth time, that's not a trigger. It's writing to pander to a reveal. None of the dialogue works. It's worse than Geoff Johns at his most literal. Nothing flows at all. Nothing works at all. The comic was built to get to that final panel, and it falls apart WAY before then.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_134719.jpg

This is why DC sucks.

HEY don't read this 80 page comic that tells you everything yet, read shit league 50 and shitman 52 first, then read this comic!!!
Heh I read the last part of Darkseid War, what a fucking mess and so confusing if you hadn't been reading it from the beginning.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just the covers to the Darksied war make me want to pick up the eventual hardcover, some great art. Haven't read any of it though, including the conclusion.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ever since Captain America being killed was able to grab the attention of the national media and made headlines, it really seems like Marvel has set out to achieve the same thing on a yearly basis with some controversial change: Thor's a woman, Iceman's gay, Spider-Man's marriage never happened, etc. Starting to feel like this is Marvel's version of clickbait. The thing I don't understand is why they're determined to piss off so much of their readership to accomplish this. It might create a spike in sales initially due to the attention it gets, but have sales really held up? I thought Thor had a substantial drop after the first couple months. Will be interesting to see if Captain Nazi goes the same way.