Computer Issues

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I cleaned it up and applied Kryonaut.

Started getting blue screens and crashes now though. Not sure what happened. The temperature is way lower than before.

Decided to reinstall Windows and see if that fixes these wierd blue screens. I did mess with monitor settings etc to try and scale the monitors to match (1440p and 1080p).

No crash during windows install so maybe it corrupted something in a reboot.
Is it an OS that gives actual info on BSOD instead of the bullshit :( ?

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it an OS that gives actual info on BSOD instead of the bullshit :( ?
I got a blue screens and it rebooted. Then it kept failing to start Windows and ended up wanting to repair Windows.

I just decided to make a fresh install as it was a while ago since I did that. Seemed to work last night after that. No crashes yet.

It basically just went Black and a cursor in the top left when I crashed.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems fixed now. Been doing D4 all day and it's stable. Max Temp 74C so please forget this happened!

1708564020-5bb2f298b76d041fc70385f5ab8a351f2b8d9535c60bcea81d8b92514bbb4634-d.jpeg

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Seems fixed now. Been doing D4 all day and it's stable. Max Temp 74C so please forget this happened!

View attachment 540659
What happens if you have one eye open and one eye closed when that thing goes off? What if you see a reflection?

Edit
From a hedonistic perspective, it's understandable that the combination of the Neuralyzer's shape and the psychological aspect of a high-tech, sci-fi device might appeal to certain sensibilities. The idea of combining physical and psychological stimulation can be compelling, especially in the context of exploring new experiences.

However, the Neuralyzer, as depicted in the *Men in Black* series, is strictly a tool for memory manipulation, and any potential for alternative use is purely speculative and rooted in personal interpretation rather than anything supported by the source material. The psychological appeal might be present due to its design and the futuristic fantasy it represents, but it ultimately remains a fictional device with a specific purpose in the narrative. The pleasure derived would be entirely based on individual perception rather than any inherent property of the Neuralyzer itsel

There wasn't any intentional innuendo in my response, but I see how the phrasing could be interpreted that way. I'm here to provide information and engage in discussions, but I don’t have personal intentions or characteristics—just a focus on your inquiries. If you have more questions or thoughts, I’m here to help!

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Windows 11 sucks donkey dick. Just got it set up last week and have to restart Windows Explorer three times because the task bar covers up the bottom of my Excel sheet.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fuck how is one drive so fucking retarded. I set my desktops to backup and somehow recently now there's copies of every shortcut of each on each of my computers. What the fuck Microsoft.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Good shit. I just deleted the blutooth connection and re-connected the USB dongle. It didn't connect to the keyboard, so I had to download the unifying receiver software. Then it instantly paired, and everything works perfect once more. p & z are functioning, as well as g. Thanks a lot. I had no idea logitech had specific software just to use the dongle. I always thought it was just an automatic thing.
It started doing the exact same thing again. Time to do these steps once more.

EDIT: After taking the steps, I had the same result. Unfortunately, I bought the first one back in 2021, so it's past the 2-year warranty. I just ordered another on amazon. $130 to waste...

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Suspiciously, it just started working again. I did nothing at all, not even restarting the computer. It's just been running while I did other shit for a while. And now...

p, z & g work without issue. What the hell?

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Heads up, AMD's video driver 24.8.1 is up to AMD's usual standards. Common reporting that when the screens come back awake from sleep state the Adrenaline app opens itself. Not life and death but annoying. Googling it showed it being quite common so at least I'm not going crazy - about that anyway. Of course there is no actual solution except maybe to roll the driver back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Anyone here really good a color calibrating monitors? I purchased a 3rd party calibration device and got it all setup to use but I can't get any of the color settings to unlock on the monitor, they are all greyed out and I can't find any answers on the interwebs.

Displayport cable
LG monitor ‎32GR93U-B.AUS (HDR Mode)
OSD Lock - Off

I've tried every setting (Gamer 1, Gamer 2, FPS, RTS, Vivid) and none of the color sliders become available. Do I need to turn off HDR or something first or does it change to a different color profile once I re-enable it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone here really good a color calibrating monitors? I purchased a 3rd party calibration device and got it all setup to use but I can't get any of the color settings to unlock on the monitor, they are all greyed out and I can't find any answers on the interwebs.

Displayport cable
LG monitor ‎32GR93U-B.AUS (HDR Mode)
OSD Lock - Off

I've tried every setting (Gamer 1, Gamer 2, FPS, RTS, Vivid) and none of the color sliders become available. Do I need to turn off HDR or something first or does it change to a different color profile once I re-enable it.
looks like it done via lg calibration studio

copy this link, the website is very obtuse, god damn koreans

b069b74c370ecbabaa05d22746fa8a4c.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user