Computer Issues

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
bleh.

Try this.

I was looking at that one too. I guess I could just disable the 3rd button. I don't see an option to stop auto scrolling.

xmbc.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I was looking at that one too. I guess I could just disable the 3rd button. I don't see an option to stop auto scrolling.

xmbc.png
Sesame Street Idk GIF

No idea. I like the auto-scroll. It's useful for those sites that load as you scroll. You know the ones.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Have never had this activate by middle + ctrl. Always just middle click. I fucking hate it, too. Never realized people actually used this shit.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I've never used it, but also never had it activate while scrolling. You guys must be hate scrolling that mouse wheel.

The only time it gets me is using middle click on web links (opens in new tab).

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
About 3 year old computer, 3080 and forget exact CPU and which memory I have other than 64gb but paid top dollar for it at the time. (DDR4? Not current 5 that needed new mobo I think?)

Anywho, helldivers started giving me a blue screen that's the kinda emoji sad face and encountered a problem shutdown. Never had it before that game and it's unoptimized so I figured just that. I ended up playing a day of witcher 3, and a week or two of another game that shouldn't be ultra low requirements, no issues.

Reinstalled tarkov which is another poorly optimized game, and my 2nd game I got immediate BSOD on trying to load the match.

Zero idea about trying to troubleshoot it being my card vs memory or wtf.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
About 3 year old computer, 3080 and forget exact CPU and which memory I have other than 64gb but paid top dollar for it at the time. (DDR4? Not current 5 that needed new mobo I think?)

Anywho, helldivers started giving me a blue screen that's the kinda emoji sad face and encountered a problem shutdown. Never had it before that game and it's unoptimized so I figured just that. I ended up playing a day of witcher 3, and a week or two of another game that shouldn't be ultra low requirements, no issues.

Reinstalled tarkov which is another poorly optimized game, and my 2nd game I got immediate BSOD on trying to load the match.

Zero idea about trying to troubleshoot it being my card vs memory or wtf.
do the basic bios then driver updates first

Goatface

Anyone know if possible to repair Ubuntu install?
Hard drive crashed, it wouldn't boot, but mountable in USB enclosure. Made a image of it. Program said 138k was unreadable. New imaged drive errors saying "no os found". It mounts just fine and was been able to pull most every off it, but think I might need to make it go to fix some ownership and permissions issues with other drives.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I want a KVM switch to hook up to my dual monitor setup and switch between laptop and desktop. The laptop dock has one hdmi and one dp. so does the desktop. I know monitors are easy, but what do I do about the bluetooth mouse and keyboard setup? How does that work? Anyone able to offer advice or a different recommendation?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I want a KVM switch to hook up to my dual monitor setup and switch between laptop and desktop. The laptop dock has one hdmi and one dp. so does the desktop. I know monitors are easy, but what do I do about the bluetooth mouse and keyboard setup? How does that work? Anyone able to offer advice or a different recommendation?

Mouse without borders used to work really well for me. And it's a software solution instead of hardware.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Software solutions probably isn't an option. New it policies post acquisition are what's making me go this route anyways. No more personal computers on VPN

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Software solutions probably isn't an option. New it policies post acquisition are what's making me go this route anyways. No more personal computers on VPN

What I ended up doing was getting a second wireless mouse, and I have my KB set up on my PC as USB and paired via BT, so I just toggle. I got too annoyed with KVM switches for input.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

I used it in this exact scenario and it worked fine but this was a while ago.

Work laptop on vpn, personal computer off.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Other than screen recording, any ideas how to capture what a window is that flashes open for microseconds? Some process is doing something and it steals focus. I can see the outline of a dialog box / window appearing. I have nothing extra running on this thing so no idea what could be triggering it. My work laptop so pretty barebones word processing, excel, etc. I can't look at task manager or process manager fast enough to see what may be generating it either.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Other than screen recording, any ideas how to capture what a window is that flashes open for microseconds? Some process is doing something and it steals focus. I can see the outline of a dialog box / window appearing. I have nothing extra running on this thing so no idea what could be triggering it. My work laptop so pretty barebones word processing, excel, etc. I can't look at task manager or process manager fast enough to see what may be generating it either.
OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration

You're ok.

Surprised Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
1721571571705.png

Opinions on trying to address, sounds like memory issues. About to run a memory diagnostic. Even worth reseating the bitches? Not sure I have spare sticks to run for a few days to see if I stop blue screening. Conspiracy time would be if it's truly a driver etc issue was it started during helldivers 2. I saw others reporting blue screens. Not sure if it modified something that isn't getting picked up on various updates. I did do a full clean install of graphics drivers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
View attachment 537780

Opinions on trying to address, sounds like memory issues. About to run a memory diagnostic. Even worth reseating the bitches? Not sure I have spare sticks to run for a few days to see if I stop blue screening. Conspiracy time would be if it's truly a driver etc issue was it started during helldivers 2. I saw others reporting blue screens. Not sure if it modified something that isn't getting picked up on various updates. I did do a full clean install of graphics drivers.
wendell did a deep dive on this

techjesus and wendell did another

you can "try" to see if these settings helps you out

otherwise get a real cpu
4e8f544650e3bc66e027ea3017b6d790.png

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
wendell did a deep dive on this

techjesus and wendell did another

you can "try" to see if these settings helps you out

otherwise get a real cpu
4e8f544650e3bc66e027ea3017b6d790.png

Not interested in playing more hd2. but curious why tarkov which i played for years including the last 2 on this system now had issues.

Not a good start to memory check though
1000004815.jpg

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Updated bios, turned out back to xmp 2 and 3600 out whatever, friend said it was under volted for whatever reason.

mem check still think something broken. will play some and see what happens