Computer Issues

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I haven't used CCleaner in a long time, so I don't remember it that much. If you can't get it to work, theoretically doing an uninstall on your Realtek drivers, reboot, install new drivers, reboot should take care of it.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I haven't used CCleaner in a long time, so I don't remember it that much. If you can't get it to work, theoretically doing an uninstall on your Realtek drivers, reboot, install new drivers, reboot should take care of it.
uninstalled it, and as soon as I booted up it had already installed whatever drivers windows found, again the mic settings stick for about 5 minutes after the PC starts up then it reverts back down to 0 and muted.

this is annoying as fuck.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sounds like pebkac issues to me...

You've already run the cleaner..there's nothing more to clean. What you see is a summary of what was cleaned (as evidence at the top where it says Cleaning Complete vs Analysis Complete). Whatever the case my be there..you've done what was asked. Nothing will be related to realtek in IE or windows log files. Time to move to the next steps.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like pebkac issues to me...

You've already run the cleaner..there's nothing more to clean. What you see is a summary of what was cleaned (as evidence at the top where it says Cleaning Complete vs Analysis Complete). Whatever the case my be there..you've done what was asked. Nothing will be related to realtek in IE or windows log files. Time to move to the next steps.
wich would be? fresh install?

I know the microphone works, its literally just the settings that are not being saved, ive been non stop searching everywhere for a fix to this nothing.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
tried opening as admin, still didn't work it scans but when I go and right click select "clean" it dosent actually get rid of any files, I updated to the trial just to see if that was the problem.

I just updated windows yesterday to see if that would fix it, the last time I did was last year, in September so it wasn't a sneak update, same thing for NVidia I just updated yesterday to see if it would fix.

disabled everything on startup, mic works for about 5 minutes and then again the settings go back to turning the volume completely down on the mic, and muting it.
Are you using sound recorder to test your mic, or another application? To test another possible theory, when you start the pc, open up the volume control panel to input devices (before the mic normally shits the bed) and unplug literally every peripheral attached to the computer, including keyboard and mouse. If it doesn't zero out and fixes it, plug in peripherals one at a time and wait a few seconds to determine the culprit. It could be something such as dander/something spilled near an on-keyboard mic control that only gums up after you start banging on the keyboard for a few minutes.

Did you try booting into safe mode and enabling the audio/mic drivers and then testing with sound recorder? If it still does it, then it is either a bad port or your mic is fucked.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I tried unplugging everything it still resets itself back, im just using a old dell keyboard its nothing fancy so I doubt its whats the issue.

at this point im guessing bad port... but would a bad port really keep making my settings change? I figure a bad port would just allow my mic not to work.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Try the safe mode deal I mentioned above before going to the bad port thing/broken mic angle. Safe mode doesn't load the vast majority of services/non essential drivers and zero applications. If you experience an issue there, it is almost 100% hardware related.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I don't even see safe mode in my bios anywhere, I looked at every tab and opened everything I could z87-plus asus.

did a search on google, people said to hold F8 till it asks me to choose a HD, then select my HD and immedietly (within a second I guess) tap F8 again to get into safe mode settings, not working at all.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't even see safe mode in my bios anywhere, I looked at every tab and opened everything I could z87-plus asus.

did a search on google, people said to hold F8 till it asks me to choose a HD, then select my HD and immedietly (within a second I guess) tap F8 again to get into safe mode settings, not working at all.
Use msconfig.exe and change Normal boot to Safe Mode while you are in Windows normally. You may want to enable networking so you can attempt to read posts here (it's another one of the boot options in msconfig.exe) and try troubleshooting from there.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
still following me around this forum?

Anyway im in safe mode now, and there is no sound at all, says windows cannot find audio services.

I never had an issue with the sound coming in, just the mic volume constantly getting lowered.

yeah I just got into that rezz, but I have no sound at all I safe mode with networking for some reason, I just restarted back normally and sound is working fine, its the godamn settings that just wont stay saved for the mic.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
still following me around this forum?

Anyway im in safe mode now, and there is no sound at all, says windows cannot find audio services.

I never had an issue with the sound coming in, just the mic volume constantly getting lowered.

yeah I just got into that rezz, but I have no sound at all I safe mode with networking for some reason, I just restarted back normally and sound is working fine, its the godamn settings that just wont stay saved for the mic.
Once you are in safe mode, you need to go into device manager and manually start up audio (you will most likely need to turn on the windows services for it as well, by typing "services" into the start window search bar and then going through the list and enabling Audio services one at a time) and if your headset/mic is shown, enable that as well. Do this after trying noodle's tactic. If his doesn't work, do what I just mentioned and then see if the mic behaves the same. If it does, you have a hardware problem, not software.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Once you are in safe mode, you need to go into device manager and manually start up audio (you will most likely need to turn on the windows services for it as well, by typing "services" into the start window search bar and then going through the list and enabling Audio services one at a time) and if your headset/mic is shown, enable that as well. Do this after trying noodle's tactic. If his doesn't work, do what I just mentioned and then see if the mic behaves the same. If it does, you have a hardware problem, not software.
all right ill do that, the headset/mic wasn't shown in the tab when I first tried.

trying noodlebabes suggestion in a few ive been at this almost non stop since last night, im just at my end and i wish i knew that a fresh install would fix it, im at that point where i don't give a fuck anymore all i have is games on my PC nothing i really cant get back after a format.

like i turn the volume up, and it instantly gets turned back down ASDGDFD#E!!!!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Only other potentially stupid question is does your headset have a mic volume slider and is it zeroed out

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Only other potentially stupid question is does your headset have a mic volume slider and is it zeroed out
that was the first thing I checked, because I have done that a million times, itl get switched or something on its own.

Theres something bugging out, because I change it and as soon as I take my mouse off the slider, it literally goes back down to 0 and muted, sometimes when im sliding it to full volume it literally fights back and zero's me out and mutes.

oh and yeah noodle I did try that was one of the first suggestions on the googlesS

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Dumb question: Have you tried this mic on another computer? Eliminate the variables.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do you have a mic jac on your front panel? usually you get the cluster of usb/usb/headphone/mic jac for your front panel for convenience, try that to see whats up.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Dumb question: Have you tried this mic on another computer? Eliminate the variables.
yeah it works, Lanx i dont have those hooked up heh my gfs brother put my Pc together and didnt do that i forget why, but does anyone know anything about intel rapid store technology? i deleted this in a frenzy trying to figure out what was causing my mic to fuck up, and now ever since loading shit has been awful websites lock up constantly, loading is extremely slow in games like WoW i constantly fail to load and get Dc'd constantly/instance not found, and this really only started happening after i uninstalled that shit and now im looking for it again but im not sure exactly what i had in the first place was a while ago when we did this.

Intel® Download Center

found this but not sure wich one is what im looking for, given up on the mic at this point as i think ive literally tried everything under the sun wanna figure out the rapid tech stuff for when i just reformat.