Conan Exiles

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I can't figure how what command in admin would let you see.
debugcamps ?radius=10000 ?list

Single foundation spam can be found in the db like this:

Code:
sqlite3 %db% "SELECT actor_position.x, actor_position.y, actor_position.y, characters.char_name FROM buildings INNER JOIN building_instances ON buildings.object_id = building_instances.object_id INNER JOIN characters ON characters.id = buildings.owner_id INNER JOIN actor_position ON actor_position.id = buildings.object_id WHERE building_instances.class = '/Game/Systems/Building/BP_BuildFoundation.BP_BuildFoundation_C' GROUP BY characters.char_name HAVING COUNT(building_instances.object_id) <= 1;\" >results.txt
for /f "tokens=1,2,3,4 delims=| " %%a in (results.txt) do (
set xc=%%a
set yc=%%b
set zc=%%c
set owner=%%d
echo TeleportPlayer !xc! !yc! !zc! Owner: !owner! >>output.txt
)
start notepad output.txt
timeout 1
del output.txt
del results.txt
exit

Last edited by a moderator:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Getting closer to solving the problems with mods and updates, well at least for blueprint mods.

Making a sort of loader mod that can fire up other mods and get them going without any of them needing to touch any funcom blueprints. Once running they can fiddle with the numbers or call functions or whatever without breaking whenever funcom changes their own stuff.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
a_skeleton_03, someone built a foundation under the bridge on the pirate ship, despawned most if not all of the ship.

Please identify, nuke, and ban!

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
V5 I think.

under the bridge on the south side of the pirate ship. not sure if they blocked the north bridge as well, or anywhere else.. just saw the one from the angle i was at

sucks that our server pop is so relatively small, the server does not appear on the public viewable server list, pretty much everyone knows eachother or has interacted, yet we keep gettin trolled by ppl seemingly from these boards. not surprised i guess.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
V5 I think.

under the bridge on the south side of the pirate ship. not sure if they blocked the north bridge as well, or anywhere else.. just saw the one from the angle i was at

sucks that our server pop is so relatively small, the server does not appear on the public viewable server list, pretty much everyone knows eachother or has interacted, yet we keep gettin trolled by ppl seemingly from these boards. not surprised i guess.
Couldn't find it just now. The ship seems fully spawned also.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Spent all weekend making a sweet base with all the crafting stations and a nice stash of mats only to get it all wiped out by a couple of faggots, one of which was bragging bout hitting level 50 12 hrs after the reset. Rebuilt all my crafting stations and removed all the doors and replaced the sandstone walls with foundations and the faggots still did it all over again. Not worth building anything until you hit 27 and can get a brick gate up I guess. Did I mention those guys are fucking assholes?

Oh well, this game seems fun for a day or two.

Caliane

balance is definitely dumb atm.

t1 defense is totally trivial to steel. And, whats bad about this is, you need iron up and running. furnaces/blacksmiths, to get the t2 defenses up and running. But, its level restricted. so, there is a point were you are farming the materials, but CAN'T build defenses to defend your material farming. So all those t1 bases with blacksmiths are prime picking for anyone with steel. trivial defense, with great rewards.

t2 requires jars at least, so there is some cost/benefit ratio. But of course, due to no offline raiding protection, all your thralls/mats are still easy pickings with even a little bit of effort.

t3 is totally worthless, because the cost does not justify the extra hp. Especially when avatars are far far cheaper then crafting t3 defenses in the first place.

use the stair/drawbridge gap stopgap. Cheese itself, but only real defense atm.
Then, build multiple bases/warehouses. This is a must atm. everyones tower in the sky is 1 shot by Yog. so you need to keep thralls spread out between multiple bases, and/or have hidden warehouses to store extra mats.

Before the server wipe, I was hit by an avatar. but, yeah, i had a t3 warehouse all set up. extra armor, weapons, tools. Enough t3 mats to build an entire base+warehouse. I was already planning a second base before I was even hit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mao

Trakanon Raider
I would more argue, realize everything is disposable. The only things that really matter unless you have some unique, one of a kind item is your experience levels and recipes. Anything can be rebuilt without too much work, at least on the FoH server. The worst would be not having your place destroyed, but having your place destroyed and the area around it claimed/ spawn blocked so you couldn't rebuild easily.

View everything as disposable, cause once avatars hit and shit starts getting smashed down consistantly it will be. Just keep the tools you need to facilitate rebuilding on your character and run with that.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Both have good advice. Be creative, using the bridge/stair stuff is cheese but pretty much required until you can reinforce your base with t2. Having the levels and recipes is definitely the hurdle in this game imo.

Caliane

http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2017/Funcom_4Q16_Presentation.1.pdf

Funcom investor report.

Some good news.
They are very happy with it, it seems. hit 480k sales in 7 days, the 12m expectation.
Investing more into it, as they feel it will be their highst ROI in the near future. slumping profits from aging games.
So they are banking on this.

"The additional investment will be in the 5 to 10m USD range throughout 2017 and early 2018, to deliver technical and content updates, PR & marketing activities and campaigns, as well as support for Xbox One and Playstation 4 launches"

• Regular Patches, which will happen every one to two weeks: – Performance and Stability updates – Bug Fixing to continuosly polish the game experience – "Quick Win" small features and additionsto the game to respond to the requests from the community

• Game Updates, less frequent but with significant additions to the game: – Examples of content are the Trebuchet/Siege weapons, Dye system, mounts, etc – The current plan is for 4 - 6 Game Updates during the Early Access Period – 2-3 Game Updates during H1 2017 – 2-3 Game Updates during H2 2017 – 1 Game Update during Q1 2018 • Major Releases, for new platform launches and large content updates: – Xbox One Game Preview and an additional Biome during Q3 2017

• Xbox Game Preview is similar to the Early Access program but on the Xbox platform • A “biome” is an addition to the existing game map with a different environment, adding new terrain, monsters, equipment, avatars, etc – Full Release on PC, Xbox, and PS4 in Q1 2

Bad news. this is funcom.

The business model in Conan Exiles is buy to play (B2P). You pay once and can play forever. We will evaluate offering paid Downloadable content (DLC) only after the game has exited Early Access and launched on all platforms.
12month EA, then release. game could certainly use more then 12m of EA content before "release". Promise of no dlc until after. but even that.
Funcom is not smart enough or brave enough to hit the proper new frontier of "long tail", despite them outright recognizing these games do have inherent long tail.

• Games in this genre typically show a very long tail of sales with, for example, Rust launching in December 2013, selling 1 million units in the first 2 months and continuing to sell very well now, after more than 3 years (5+ million)
• Sales are driven by game updates, discounts and large events or platform launches
so, they outright make these statements. Both of which are driving games like Terraria and Path of exile. FREE periodic content update which drive original sails or supporter packs respectively. I don't see funcom doing that. I see them releasing paid dlc. Paid dlc shrinks playerbase, but is more upfront income.(not even sure it IS more income.) While free content game, usually increase their playerbases over time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So we have a community server for this? How many people are in it on a daily basis and is it worth buying into?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't have to do a bunch of boring bullshit to level up/ get geared before I can have fun / avoid getting rekt'd in PvP, do I?