Coronavirus Updates, Important Information, and Ancedotal Experience

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It makes me laugh when I read this. Why are religious orgs so crazy about worshipping during a pandemic??

Literally the fIrst item listed is the church
For some they are so devout that it is part of their life. For others its more about government telling them they cant.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Are your parents in Montana and visiting you elsewhere or Montana to Montana travel?

It's Montana to Montana and there are very few cases here but my sister works in an emergency room (as a social worker, not a healthcare provider). I think the chances any of the people being positive are pretty remote but I thought it would be worth a couple hundred bucks to put people's minds at ease but it doesn't seem to be available.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
It makes me laugh when I read this. Why are religious orgs so crazy about worshipping during a pandemic??

I don't want to say it's all about money, but a lot of churches, especially smaller ones are barely getting by financially and people don't put money in the offering when they're not going to church even if they're watching the service on Facebook. Also, for a lot of people church is a primary source of social interaction and emotional support so in a stressful time not being able to attend makes it even more stressful.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

Literally the fIrst item listed is the church
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

+

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States;

1st and 14th

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I don't want to say it's all about money, but a lot of churches, especially smaller ones are barely getting by financially and people don't put money in the offering when they're not going to church even if they're watching the service on Facebook. Also, for a lot of people church is a primary source of social interaction and emotional support so in a stressful time not being able to attend makes it even more stressful.

There are thing churches can do. I've helped several local churches apply for the Payroll Protection Program (PPP). It gives the churches two full months of their payroll, and if, in six months, they still have the same number of employees, it's forgiven.

But aside from that, churches are very much about community. Now please read this with the lens that I don't condone churches opening, but understand that a powerful, important part of being a congregation is corporate worship. Being together. It's fundamental to the community. Zoom scratches that itch for some, but not for everyone. And I know there are a metric tonne of introverts here, but there are so many extroverts out there who are not doing well with the current situation. And if they are part of a religious community, they are wanting to be with that community. I totally understand the desire to get back together as a community.

However, caution should be used. I know that will make me unpopular here, and I'm fine with that. I don't think there should be large, public gatherings yet.

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
And I know there are a metric tonne of introverts here, but there are so many extroverts out there who are not doing well with the current situation.

Yeah, my Mom has the misfortune of being an extrovert in a family of introverts and she is losing her mind right now and doing a real shitty job of social distancing.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, my Mom has the misfortune of being an extrovert in a family of introverts and she is losing her mind right now and doing a real shitty job of social distancing.

It's tough, man. I feel for her. And I hope she realizes the importance of social distancing.

tenor.gif

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I work with an extrovert and he can't take it either. Me, I'm considering doing this full time

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm an extrovert too. This has been awful. I booked a flight back to Cincinnati. One way. At least then I can see family and things are opening up there. CA will be in shutdown mode for at least another month.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What is the situation with testing right now? I was under the impression that tests were pretty plentiful and I've heard in cities people can just make an appointment at a lab and get a test on demand if they're willing to pay for it but we have some relatives coming to visit and wanted them to get tested and apparently the situation in Montana is that you can't get tested unless they really think you might have it. Is that the case in other areas?

I guess I'm going to be the only one to say it. How important is the test to you? If you need it for peace of mind, then lie and say they're symptomatic or that they've been out of the country. No one will ask for proof.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I guess I'm going to be the only one to say it. How important is the test to you? If you need it for peace of mind, then lie and say they're symptomatic or that they've been out of the country. No one will ask for proof.

I just got a script for bloodwork that includes covid antibody testing. A reaction to meds is suspected, but side effects that overlap with covid symptoms, like myalgia and arathralgia, need to be ruled out.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My orafice is supposedly opening the 26th here in MI. Manager told us in a call that there will be rotations of people still working from home as not to have 2 people in the same cube at once. 2 weeks in office 1 week at home.

Cool thing they gave us a 1 week paid vacation because the government gave them some cash if they only had 10% of the people in the office or working or some shit. Mostly test engineers are on site through this whole mess since they still have tons of shit to test and is deemed "necessary". Thank god im not part of that group, lol. Kinda enjoying my time off.