Crowfall

Valor_sl

shitlord
How SotA has raised so much has me baffled.

What will allow Crowfall to do a lot is that they are really only building 1 world that can randomly generate, then a system to easily assign a wide range of rulesets. Outside of the EK's, they aren't building 20-30 different maps with different points of interest, but simply a system that can generate campaign maps without much oversight.

Their plan to license the game overseas and use what they raised from KS to go out to some venture capitalists as leverage for selling part of the company. I can see how they can make enough to get to launch with a quality product.

**Also, hello everyone and I appreciate any and all feedback about the C&C podcast. We've dealt with the turnover but am pretty please to land Draegan.**

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Who are these other dudes? Why didn't Draegen just get some co-hosts/guests from here?
Valor and Lakez were the originators of Crowns and Crows (It's not my show) and asked me to help host their show. They have everything set up and I just show up. Valor is a long time member of Lords of the Dead which is a pretty large and old PVP community/guild similar to Tuco's PRX.

ili_sl

shitlord
Alienware sponsored SotA giving everyone a free $20. I still have an account with $20 on it.

People love their PvE even hardcore PvP'ers.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Even Camelot Unchained got 3.2 mil so far, and Marc Jacobs is... I don't even have the words.

Sucks to be Brad.
Didn't SotA have a thing with Pantheon? That must explain how SotA got so much money. Brad doing it again, and not even for his game.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The precedent is alreadyhereandhere. Shroud of the Avatar raised $1,919,275 via Kickstarter and subsequently raised $4.1 million via donations/shop purchases directly on their website.
Not really a fair comparison considering the name and license behind it. Plus PvE is always going to draw a bigger pool than the strictly PvP crowd.