Crowfall

Ryanz

<Banned>
I'm officially in it for $250. I believe their approach to campaigns will be successful because I've already seen it work within Path of Exile. Try out new and interesting ideas in short term (one/couple month) campaigns and implement the ideas that work, discard those that do not. Also, if two guys who worked on both Ultima Online, and Shadowbane coming together to make a PvP MMO can't pull off making a PvP MMO, then the open world, sandbox, PvP with risk and reward dream is all but a distant memory.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I don't think I can put all my hope-eggs in this basket my man Ryanz. Especially considering Shadowbanes technical issues and the UO Trammel deal. More recent titles they worked on are of note on this topic as well. Wizard and Pirate 101 had nothing to do with the current market they're stepping into with Crowfall (from todds recent history) and SWTOR had quite a few issues during the first year of release (from gordons recent track record) a bunch of which was unfinished promises and clunky controls.

I'm keeping this at a very skeptical arms length until I get my hands on the alpha/beta.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm officially in it for $250. I believe their approach to campaigns will be successful because I've already seen it work within Path of Exile. Try out new and interesting ideas in short term (one/couple month) campaigns and implement the ideas that work, discard those that do not. Also, if two guys who worked on both Ultima Online, and Shadowbane coming together to make a PvP MMO can't pull off making a PvP MMO, then the open world, sandbox, PvP with risk and reward dream is all but a distant memory.
Holding your hand skipping right into this as well. Got the $225 one when it was up.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Just goes to show they still don't know what they're doing with their housing instance. Not all that important of an issue to me considering I'll only be using it as a trash can for gear and relics.

You should see my standard league Path of Exile stash lol.

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have been a pretty hardcore Civ player since Civ II (shout out to anyone who played Civ 4 mp on the Gamespy server) and multiplayer Civ is fun as shit. Fog of war and variable resource placement makes for an interesting experience every game, and you can easily tune things like world size to make players more or less aggressive.

That's why I'm really happy to see Crowfall using Civ analogies and game mechanics. And there's a huge group of people on Steam who will flock to this game if it provides a satisfying experience along similar lines.

Generally speaking the grand-strategy elements are what attracts me to Crowfall; I could give two shits about the combat system but the overall mechanics of random map, fog of war, territory control is what will keep me and a lot of other strategy gamers playing.

I hope this game succeeds.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Big drop from Gordon Today on KS Backer reward changes (for people who back after KS ends) (editing in formatting):

When we started our Kickstarter, we wanted to offer our earliest backers the best deals possible. And we did!

We didn't do a perfect job though, our particular game is not identical to other MMO's (as you may have noticed). Some of our backer packages ended up with pretty extreme value multiples because we love our backers! In particular the Amber and Sapphire packages are amazing values for backers, followed closely by Gold and Ruby packages.

After our Kickstarter campaign ends on 3/26/15 (thank you for our success by the way!), it will be time to change the contents of these backer packages.

We're going to keep the package names the same and change the content of these bundles for NEW backers - again, we aren't changing anything for those who signed up DURING Kickstarter! We love our early backers, and we are delighted that you are getting such good deals. But going forward, new people who sign up won't be getting quite as good as deal as you did.

Most of the non-exclusive items dropped from packages will be able to be purchased individually on our store, just not not right away.

Kickstarter Backers got a number of exclusive items and "Backer Number Goal" rewards, most of which will not be offered in the post-Kickstarter bundles. Except the horses, because everyone likes and needs horses!

OK, what do these old and new packages look like?

I'll show three example packages with color coding to illustrate the changes:XXX= Content changed,XXX= Content lost,XXX= Backer Number Goals Rewards lost

Gold: Kickstarter bundle Gold: Post-Kickstarter 2015 bundle

Patron title in credits Patron title in credits
Digital copy of the game Digital copy of the game
Alpha 2 Alpha 2
One cottage One cottage
Digital Art Book Digital Art Book
Digital Sound Track Digital Sound Track
Gold Forum Badge and Frame (KS specific) Gold Forum Badge and Frame (2015 backer specific)
Stronghold: Small Fortification - KS exclusive Stronghold: Small Fortification version 2 - 2015 backer exclusive
12 months VIP 9 months VIP
Quarterhorse/War Horse/Nightmare KS Exclusive Quarterhorse/War Horse/Nightmare version 2 - 2015 backer exclusive

Exclusive God Statue (1 of 12)
Reserved Unique Character name
2 Extra Character slots
Name a Fallen Hero
Increased bank size by 20%

The Arcane Weapons set
The extra month of VIP
The All-Father statue and Relic upgrade
The Pack Pig! Caravan figurine
3 Bonus Tax-Free Parcels
Dwarven Blacksmith Thrall

Sapphire: Kickstarter bundle Sapphire: Post-Kickstarter 2015 bundle

Alpha 1 Alpha 1
2 cottages 2 cottages
Baron/Baroness title Baron/Baroness title
1 Divine Cathedral 1 Divine Cathedral
Access to expanded colors guild heraldry Access to expanded colors guild heraldry
Access to expanded symbols guild heraldry Access to expanded symbols guild heraldry
10 Tax-Free Parcels 10 Tax-Free Parcels
Sapphire Forum Badge and Frame (KS specific) Sapphire Forum Badge and Frame (2015 backer specific)
Stronghold: Small Castle - KS exclusive Stronghold: Small Castle version 2 - 2015 backer exclusive
72 months VIP 24 months VIP
Quarterhorse/War Horse/Nightmare KS Exclusive Quarterhorse/War Horse/Nightmare version 2 - 2015 backer exclusive

1 Villa
Physical Collectors' Edition
3 Extra Character slots
Name a Fallen Hero
Reserve Guild Name

The Arcane Weapons set
The extra month of VIP
+5 Bonus Tax-Free Parcels

Emerald Kickstarter Emerald Post-Kickstarter 2015

Alpha 1 Alpha 1
3 cottages 3 cottages
Duke/Duchess title Duke/Duchess title
1 Divine Cathedral 1 Divine Cathedral
Access to expanded colors guild heraldry Access to expanded colors guild heraldry
Access to expanded symbols guild heraldry Access to expanded symbols guild heraldry
72 months VIP 72 months VIP
2 Villas 2 Villas
3 Extra Character slots 3 Extra Character Slots
1 Manor building 1 Manor building
1 Launch Party Invite + guest 1 Launch Party Invite + guest
1 Premier Backer Studio Tour + guest 1 Premier Backer Studio Tour + guest
Monthly Q&A with ACE Monthly Q&A with ACE
Emerald Forum Badge and Frame (KS specific) Emerald Forum Badge and Frame (2015 backer specific)
40 Tax-Free Parcels 80 Tax-Free Parcels
Stronghold: Large Castle - KS exclusive Stronghold: Large Castle version 2 - 2015 backer exclusive
Quarterhorse/War Horse/Nightmare KS Exclus. Quarterhorse/War Horse/Nightmare version 2 - 2015 backer exclusive

Physical Collectors' Edition
Unique Guild Heraldry
Name a Fallen Hero
Reserve Guild Name

The Arcane Weapons set
The extra month of VIP
+40 Bonus Tax-Free Parcels

As we get closer to launching the game we will probably change the packages again. Earlier backers will always get better deals!

Thank you again for all your support1

Additional comments to the above post:

yea, Emerald KS has +40 in two spots so it is equivalent.
If I am a Ruby backer with +10 bonus Parcels, and I upgrade Post-KS Emerald, does that mean I now have 90 total Tax Free Parcels?

Upgrade means you get the (positive) difference, not an absolute add. You are paying the price differential, not the full price after all for an upgrade.

Thanks! Any single items available for purchase?

Not immediately, but in the future, yes.
by GordonWalton 6 minutes ago in forum News & Announcements in Kickstarter Backer Packages And Post-Kickstarter Backer Packages
I may want to upgrade to sapphire later, I understand I won't lose my amber rewards from KS, but will I still get all the KS sapphire stuff if I upgrade later?

No you won't get a Kickstarter Sapphire reward if you upgrade after tomorrow. You'll only get what's offered in the new 2015 Sapphire, in the areas where it exceeds your Kickstarter Amber.

For exampe, the Kickstarter Sapphire adds a Villa as a reward over Amber, but the New 2015 Sapphire doesn't have that Villa. If you upgrade after Kickstarter ends, you won't get the Villa, because it doesn't exist in the new 2015 Sapphire package.
by GordonWalton 13 minutes ago in forum News & Announcements in Kickstarter Backer Packages And Post-Kickstarter Backer Packages
Is there any plan to let people upgrade their KS pledges to a higher tier? For example, right now I have Amber in KS.

Could I pay the difference to upgrade to Sapphire post-KS, and get access to Alpha 1 without losing all my Kickstarter rewards?

Great points we should have covered.

1) We will let people upgrade to the NEW 2015 packages without losing anything from the current one they hold, but not right away. The Kickstarter packages are gone forever tomorrow morning, so you can't upgrade to them post-Kickstarter.

2) We will sell elements of the package, like Alpha 1, separately at some point, and probably with limited quantities (as we only want and need a certain number of people in each test). Again, we aren't ready to start selling items separately quite yet, but that capability is coming.

3) I'll add one you didn't ask. A lot of people don't want/can't use some aspect of the package they have, and for SOME (not all) of those items, we will run buy-backs for store credit on in the future. The items most often mentioned are the Collectors Edition, and all the various invitations to visit ArtCraft where people can't use them due to geographic/time challenges. Don't expect this capability for a few months though (and hopefully we'll have it sooner). Typically we'll bring out some new things for backers to purchase with store credit in conjunction with any buy-back offer.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I think my Ranch analogy is better.

The EK is like the ranch dressing you get with your mozz sticks. It's stupid, it shouldn't be there and you should throw it away. But for some reason, some fatties like Ranch on everything and eat that shit up.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Should be a pretty good influx of money in the next few hours as people get off work and realize its the last hours to pull the trigger.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
J Todd Coleman_sl said:
How important is it to you to have a a "satisfying" feeling combat system?

incredibly important. meaning: if we don't get the feel of combat right, our game is dead.
Glad they understand the importance of satisfying combat.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
qa_sl said:
How will a victor be determined in FFA Campaigns such as The Dregs?
[-]JtoddcolemanArtCraft Ent. Creative Director [score hidden] an hour ago
The Dregs will be a system similar to Shadowbane, but adapted to the idea of a seasonal campaign. The basic idea is "take over as much land, as hold it as long as you can." We gave an example (the Bloodstones design) that showed how victory points are amassed; the details may differ but the core concept will be similar.
Sounds like they have no idea how to determine a winner in Dregs.

In Shadowbane a peon in the monopolizing guild was a 'winner' in that they could use the top tier crafting stations, freely farm in their farming areas, get whatever runes they wanted and generally play the game without fear of being PK'd. The leading players of the losing guilds were continually getting wrecked, didn't have good crafting stations because they kept getting blown up, had to scrounge for gold, had to fight under constant attack from the monopolizing guild etc. But they accomplished much more than the peons in the winning guild and deserve much more credit and respect.

I think given the FFA nature of the Dregs, the winners should be determined not by the organization you're in but the ingame prowess you demonstrate during the campaign. How do you do this? I dunno.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am surprised this has to date raised 500k less then the Camelot Unchained Kickstarter. A game that showed much less with no original ideas.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I imagine the number of failed and canceled Kickstarters have people more gunshy about putting up as much money, too. That new car smell done worn off.