Crowfall

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Without WoW, the genre would have been dead. And the folks that made WoW, came from here. They weren't relic shit designers like these people continually are time and time again. What does that tell you? It's time to start blaming the source. (Long overdue)
Tell me again how WoW was flawless at launch? How they didn't make classes literally right before launch and there were no server issues? I certainly can't remember waiting 8 minutes to loot a single mob, no sir.

You've made your claims, now actually provide analysis to support them in this case. You have gone around and around with this bullshit forever and while I have patiently supported your viewpoint on a lot of these issues because the games' development showed obvious obfuscation, trainwreck level of mismanagement or defiant devs who would not listen to a playerbase, you now seem to be stuck in Terminator logic about how the future can never change and anyone developing any game who worked on a game you dislike is doomed to failure forever.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Tell me again how WoW was flawless at launch? How they didn't make classes literally right before launch and there were no server issues? I certainly can't remember waiting 8 minutes to loot a single mob, no sir.
Where in the ever living fuck did I say it was flawless at launch? Never? Thanks. So quit putting words in my mouth. However, when every con artist at SOE were covering their asses saying the market was capped at 500k, and DAOC launched with Zero level 35+ content or itemization along with an artificially bugged end game, WoW came in and blew the market away. Why in fuck do you think that is? And after the smoke cleared, we saw that 500k bullshit explode to 12 fucking million. Why? Aside from normal actual bugs and server issues, the game fucking worked. You weren't being told shit was in the game when it wasn't. You weren't getting spoon fed a lot of shit. Why? Kaplan and Afraisiabi had lived through the bullshit of poor design for three and a half years. And new the only things that needed to change was accessibility and telling the fucking truth.

To answer your next question, 20 years of fuck ups when they were under a publisher. Just how the FUCK do you think they are going to magically hold themselves accountable with YOUR money? Holy shit. You are much fucking smarter than this.

Don't worry. I'll be here quoting this just like the others a year from now when everyone sees the shit launch this will have with UI response issues that make SWTOR and TESO look like a fucking .001 lag time click simulator. Frauds. Pure and simple.

Have fun barking up the tree again for the tenth time. But don't spout some bullshit about how this time it's going to be different with the same fucking people making the same fucking mistakes they have made for the last twenty years because they do not give a flying fuck. It's another assignment to pay the bills until they latch on to another buddy from the good ol days that found work to fuck up another MMORPG.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Ut just calls everything shit with absolute hate and vitriol. 90% of the time you are right but thats a hit against the mmo market in general, not a sign of your precognitive ability or leet insider knowledge.

This game is in true pre-alpha, it was a grey arena with no terrain 3 months ago. Calm your fucking tits

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ut is a psychologist's dream. Try to figure out where all that fanatical hatred comes from that is over a simple group of game developers. There has to be a reason, as it goes way beyond a gamer passionate about games.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ut is a psychologist's dream. Try to figure out where all that fanatical hatred comes from that is over a simple group of game developers. There has to be a reason, as it goes way beyond a gamer passionate about games.
Ooo my guess is he tried to get into the business and no one recognized his obvious brilliance. Now he goes all SJW butthurt on anyone who has ever worked for anyone on anything that doesn't meet with the Ut gold standard of goblin cock.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ut, how about when you begrudgingly but inevitably buy this game you have to name your character after your personal hero, Raph Koster.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ooo my guess is he tried to get into the business and no one recognized his obvious brilliance. Now he goes all SJW butthurt on anyone who has ever worked for anyone on anything that doesn't meet with the Ut gold standard of goblin cock.
Nah, his mother shared her bed with a game dev and he's grown up not knowing whether his successful-but-distant banker father or the pleasant-but-persistent-failure game developer 'friend' was his real dad. It's psychology and Freud and stuff so it has to involve his mother having sex withsomebody.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Wager? We all know how well that has worked out in the past. This game is a steaming pile of shit at launch and never recovers. Name your terms.
This sounds boring.

The game's design document is incredibly interesting and I've armchair devd a lot of the same ideas so I'm looking forward to them being successful. Do they have the money, talent and ability to put that all together? Who knows, but I give them a pretty good chance to put something out. It's pretty amazing what they've done so far.

Will it be a piece of shit at launch? Maybe, I'm not defending them really. The game is in rough shape right now but that's to be expected. It's really not hard to put out an MMO in shit condition. But they've said all the right things and they've been pretty open about a lot of them.

Screaming like a child right now gets you no where.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
After reading some of these horrible flames (I mean Jesus... Mom jokes and psychology?) I have something better in mind.

When this game fails completely without any response to combat issues they will not be able to fix due to ineptitude, along with Walton squandering investment money on making youtube videos for marketing fluff (Oh and they open up their pay to win microtransaction shop 1 month after launch - oops sorry to let the cat out of the bag there Crowfall folks) I would like to see a forum created where I can teach some of these poorly downtrodden internet people the proper way to slam others on the internet.

It would be like the Retard Rehabilitation Program, but for flaming!

Palum had the best response when I couldn't tell if he was trolling or not when he said he would give me his Star Citizen account. I damned near spit coffee out of my mouth but then I thought there may be a slight chance he was serious. The irony and intelligence of the post between Crowfall and Star Citizen/scamming the public out of millions of dollars made me think for a second that Palum may have risen to a higher rank of which I could be proud. But then I slowly realized that he probably bought $500 worth of garbage and attached a real value to it instead. And my heart rose, and then sank, like the disappointment of a father when he comes home and realize his son didn't mow the lawn like he had asked him too.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I don't think anyone is claiming this will be MMOjesus or even the next cool thing. I think most people basically really love the design premise of the game, fully acknowledge that this game could flop, and are intrigued enough to follow them through the design phase of the game.

You come in here thinking we're all going nuts about this game. I don't think anyone is.

Take it down a notch. This thread has like 1-2 posts per week in it whenever they release an update. Your 100 posts in the last 24 hours is the most activity this thread has had since the kickstarter almost a year ago.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ut, I tend to agree with you more often than not. However, at a certain point it's just disingenuous to go "look I found four people who did things I hate" and claim inevitable failure. I watch their videos and read up occasionally and they have been extremely straightforward and open throughout the process thus far, a key point which almost all of your past failures miss entirely and the hallmark of closed, egotistical design choices.

Plus, I hate publishers as much as you hate every dev in the genre so quite frankly your argument that they can only do worse without super dumb bean counters towering above every decision is just laughable to me.

Nothing about this has "red flags", it had the usual risks and high chance of mediocrity. I asked you to provide examples and you are still just pissed off posting resumes because you are fixated on people instead of the process and results.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Ut will now respond with some kind of backtracking response and offer to play playstation with you and drink beer this weekend.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ut will now respond with some kind of backtracking response and offer to play playstation with you and drink beer this weekend.
Shut the fuck up and go kiss someone's ass to get an interview.

Palum: The only reason why I interjected was when I saw someone try to deflect UI responsiveness by saying you won't notice it as much in group voice chat and knowing how to play your class, it screamed viral bullshit. Aside from the usual players within the organization who have a track record of being some of the worst in the business, when I see a post like Barab's I want to make sure to start tempering expectations to make sure the thread doesn't go full on bullshit scapegoat mode.

Maybe a solution is to start addressing pros and cons continually instead of just side swiping and covering up issues with the game. Moving from Server to Client is a nightmare and should have been thought of long before they were at this moment in time. That right there shows the inpetitude of their design and programming skill. I mean shit, this type of stuff is well thought out in advance. Which proves to me they are flying by the seat of their pants again and have learned absolutely nothing - however this time, with your money.

Also, one of their angel investors is EA. FYI.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think you need to look at comparable production timelines though. You are making claims about a process that is largely obscured from public view and the only detailed accounts are screw ups or high level retrospectives.

It's like peaking into the design department of a major car manufacturer and crying over the use of dev mule cars while some dude roughs out sheet metal for a prototype two years before the refresh model is due.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Shut the fuck up and go kiss someone's ass to get an interview.

Palum: The only reason why I interjected was when I saw someone try to deflect UI responsiveness by saying you won't notice it as much in group voice chat and knowing how to play your class, it screamed viral bullshit. Aside from the usual players within the organization who have a track record of being some of the worst in the business, when I see a post like Barab's I want to make sure to start tempering expectations to make sure the thread doesn't go full on bullshit scapegoat mode.

Maybe a solution is to start addressing pros and cons continually instead of just side swiping and covering up issues with the game. Moving from Server to Client is a nightmare and should have been thought of long before they were at this moment in time. That right there shows the inpetitude of their design and programming skill. I mean shit, this type of stuff is well thought out in advance. Which proves to me they are flying by the seat of their pants again and have learned absolutely nothing - however this time, with your money.

Also, one of their angel investors is EA. FYI.
Whose ass am I kissing for an interview? I don't even run fansites anymore. The rest of your post is dumb and reaching.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't really know how much data they're gaining from all of these public tests that they're running on the same map, with the same archetypes, with the same format.

Honestly, the whole pre-alpha combat testing does seem like something to appease founders and pick up cash, rather than actually test and progress the development cycle. I would think differently if at least some aspects of the game were in, more classes, full textures, or at least some semblance of trying to remove the lag. In six months, the only change has been textures and only a few.

They've run the test several times a week for half a year without change. How much information do they need? If you don't think all that time they spend setting it up, playing, and monitoring it doesn't take away from development time then... Hell even adding gear that makes a difference would be nice. I'm tired of getting orange drops that give +13hp to my 8,000 hp.