Crowfall

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So what was the big announcement?

The big announcement was that there will be a huge announcement soon.

They held the pre meeting conference meeting to hammer out the pre meeting conference agenda for the discussion of the pre meeting where they will ultimately decide the purpose and direction of the pending meeting.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Says May 16th.

Probably a new race. They've already got bipedal deer and hamsters, lizard people are passe, WoW did pandas first, so my money's on a birdman since they like to recycle ideas from Shadowbane.

Whatever it is, tomorrow there'll be another reason not to buy this game.

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
Thanks. Its funny how hard this game is crashing. I remember when I pledged so long ago, I was like, This Is Gonna Rock!!!!

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hasn't been announced yet. But seems extremely likely based on the hints that it's just unlocking of race/class combos.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The playerbase is incredibly toxic to new people, The engine collapses under 5-6 people fighting in an area. They did away with almost all the voxel stuff, the physics, the weight and gravity. They are trying to patch up at a very fast rate and database errors are everywhere.

They are completely in denial about the passive skills system and its effect on things.

Ut you just might be right. It has all signs pointing towards shitshow.

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
The playerbase is incredibly toxic to new people, The engine collapses under 5-6 people fighting in an area. They did away with almost all the voxel stuff, the physics, the weight and gravity. They are trying to patch up at a very fast rate and database errors are everywhere.

They are completely in denial about the passive skills system and its effect on things.

So they pretty much took out all the potentially cool stuff...gotcha...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Problem is and always will be that Gordon Walton is a completely clueless egomaniac who doesn't let others, much more talented than he could ever be, take over design. Imagine Paul Sage + Pony Tail + Rich Vogel + Randy Pitchford.... And out comes this piece of garbage.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Problem is and always will be that Gordon Walton is a completely clueless egomaniac who doesn't let others, much more talented than he could ever be, take over design. Imagine Paul Sage + Pony Tail + Rich Vogel + Randy Pitchford.... And out comes this piece of garbage.

Such a person would be unnatural.... say it isn't so. Sounds like Mark Jacobs should hire him plus the goons you listed. Maybe we could bury all of them in one hit.

• 1Like

Tom Lightner

Molten Core Raider

did you just say Randy Pitchford? UT breakin my hearts wait are you saying he is garbage or... fuk idk what you mean but if your saying hes garbage than I take it back, UT <3 #4evah

btw this game does look like a shitshow

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I get that these companies want to make 'the MMO' they want but god damn people, just start by making something playable. The fact that you would be developing any art assets for classes 7 through 32 or whatever before the rest of the game is finished is just a waste of time. How awesome are those backer villa/fort/castles though!???!!? You know the ones that you can't ever see in game because it will never launch??!?!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The “Massive Reveal” is not one thing, it’s actually THREE things:

• Races & Classes have replaced the archetypes system (watch the video and see the updated webpages here and here!)
  • 100+ Disciplines are coming in the next playtest! Details revealed for ALL of them!
  • First look at a MAJOR overhaul of our lighting and graphics (also coming in the next playtest) – with a showcase video!

Crowfall - Sandbox Throne War MMO

Yeah a major overhaul like that this late in development ....

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean it's great that you came to the Detroit Auto Show with the same concept car in a fancy new interior, too bad you haven't figured out the drivetrain yet.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Design wise I think it's a very bad idea "forcing" people to play a class / race combo they don't like. Race shouldn't be attached to gameoplay, it should be cosmetic only, especially in a PvP environment.

• 1Like

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
as someone who has been in a racial themed pvp guild for over a decade I very much disagree with race being cosmetic only.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
as someone who has been in a racial themed pvp guild for over a decade I very much disagree with race being cosmetic only.

Oh, well, then let's overhaul the entire system right before beta then because that always works.

Welcome to the world's first stop start in the public eye.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
They overhauled the entire combat system last yearish. They were going for a Tera animation locked system, now they have a wowish halfbody system.

It is all over the map, but I spent my money I will keep playing and ride the sucker down. I do have fun on occasion, but that is mainly because I am in awe of some of the choices they are making.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
They overhauled the entire combat system last yearish. They were going for a Tera animation locked system, now they have a wowish halfbody system.

It is all over the map, but I spent my money I will keep playing and ride the sucker down. I do have fun on occasion, but that is mainly because I am in awe of some of the choices they are making.

Oops second! :)

Well, 1.5.

Lesson should have been learned here.

Now, welcome to the implosion of absolute suckage when this thing launches.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Now, welcome to the implosion of absolute suckage when this thing launches.
I feel like we should retire the term "launch" in this era of paid-access perpetual alpha tests because the whole process is more like witnessing a drunk lurch up the stairs of his apartment building only to collapse outside his door than watching a precision-engineered rocket escape Earth's gravity.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
New lighting looks REALLY good in my opinion. Helps tone down the cartooniness while still maintaining a lot of charm. I like all the changes, but hopefully doesn't impede too much on other things that need to be addressed.

It's been a little bit since I've been able to jump on the servers, but I think they still need to nail down the basic 'feel' of the game, and make sure the controls are super tight. That's one thing about WoW that few other MMOs have really gotten right. Your character feels like it has weight, and the animations are tight and you don't feel like you're just floating around.

Design wise I think it's a very bad idea "forcing" people to play a class / race combo they don't like. Race shouldn't be attached to gameoplay, it should be cosmetic only, especially in a PvP environment.

From a competitive mass PvP perspective, I think locked race/class actually makes some sense. Each class has a defined silhouette that you can pick out and recognize easily.

From an MMO perspective, I completely understand why people want more choices.

Last edited: