Crowfall

Vitality

HUSTLE
Well I mean they have voxel farm now in the picture for physics and what not. Not sure how that interacts. How's Landmarks combat reactivity? I'd imagine CF is going for something similar. Maybe I 'm just ignorant.

I'm primarily concerned with animation prioritization and UI input delay.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Have you heard anything about the engine they're using? I haven't found too much on it. I really hope it's not the same unity stuff that Shroud of the Avatar is using.
The only updates on this game I get are from this thread. I don't even go on their website until Big Flex links and update or you link a dev post.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm logged in Crowfall.com but not logged in on the forums. Clicking log in on the forums brings me to the front page where I am logged in already. Hmm.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I'd be surprised if the voxel stuff worked with existing middleware. Middleware is usually only for fixed hand built areas that are loaded upon entry and don't change.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So now that we have a general idea of their game engine, combat mechanics, world setup and pvp ideology, what do you think they'll drop in four days besides kickstarter tiers? Do you think they'll have any kind of playable game or a date for a playable game?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So now that we have a general idea of their game engine, combat mechanics, world setup and pvp ideology, what do you think they'll drop in four days besides kickstarter tiers? Do you think they'll have any kind of playable game or a date for a playable game?
I defiantly think they will have a demo. I'd be shocked if they didn't.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
We don't really know anything about their game engine, only guesses based on the usage of Voxel Farm. Everything else we have glimpses of and I think our brains are filling in the gaps with our own personal biases. I think they'll be fleshing all of that out. I also don't think they are any where near having a playable date ready for us.

Vitality

HUSTLE
We don't really know anything about their game engine, only guesses based on the usage of Voxel Farm. Everything else we have glimpses of and I think our brains are filling in the gaps with our own personal biases. I think they'll be fleshing all of that out. I also don't think they are any where near having a playable date ready for us.
Yeah they're booting up a character modeling stream for the guinea in four days. Doubt a demo is going to just magic itself into existence when they barely have initial archetype modeling done.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I'm being optimist but I think we will see some ingame footage. A year dev time is a lot in unity, plus the few million invested.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
a trailer of some kind to start.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Yeah they're booting up a character modeling stream for the guinea in four days. Doubt a demo is going to just magic itself into existence when they barely have initial archetype modeling done.
I agree with Vitality on this, and I've probably been more balls deep into their forums, every little dev quote, etc than anybody on RR. I think they have a small testing area with which the most very basic elements of their physics and terrain generation systems, a small handful (i.e. all of the models they've shown thus far) and only the most BASIC aspects of their combat systems. In a thread I posted about blocking mechanics, probably a month ago, about blocking it was eluded to that they either had no yet decided or had not yet implemented how blocking would work. I think TullyAckland said it, so take that for what it's worth.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think these guys have everything mapped out, are organized, and are capable of seeing this project through, but I think they've probably been going at it hard with a small team for 8 months. People on their forums, elsewhere on the net, and twitter keep stating that Beta will be announced when the countdown hits zero, they're going to be really disappointed when they find out when ACE said pre-alpha, they meant preeeee Alpha. With all of that said, when the KS launches, I'm going for big balla, "will regret wasting this money on vaporware", "if Crowfall sucks you all can all talk shit about this for years", backpack of bonechips, p2w, nobility tier.

king-george-ii.jpg