Crowfall

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Sounds good to me. I hope your design decisions are solid and you try not to listen to much to your fan boys.
Essentially it comes down to this: if you think Eq was the pinnacle of online gaming and nothing can really be improved you are a neckbeard.
EQ designscouldbe improved - but they haven't been thus far. They shouldn't listen to the mass market, that's for fucking sure. I welcome neckbeards.

Dgreco,

I respect you coming here, as many devs have done.

My 2cp regarding the artwork: please aim for a little more mature themes in the illustrations and even within the game. I'm not recommending to jump into the uncanny valley of realism, but part of the allure of a world with consequences, of one in high fantasy (not sure if this is a correct label for Crowfall) is that grit you mentioned. We've had so many games with a cartoon style that we can't count them all. I know it may be easier/less time in terms of work, but make the art reflect the gameplay - make it more serious.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I know the IP is in a weird spot but I'd back the fuck out of a spiritual successor Kickstarter. Love those games so much. How about an MMO with THAT setting.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Imagine myth mmorpg with class combo systems with fetch and dwarves bombing everyone.

EQ designscouldbe improved - but they haven't been thus far. They shouldn't listen to the mass market, that's for fucking sure. I welcome neckbeards.

Dgreco,

I respect you coming here, as many devs have done.

My 2cp regarding the artwork: please aim for a little more mature themes in the illustrations and even within the game. I'm not recommending to jump into the uncanny valley of realism, but part of the allure of a world with consequences, of one in high fantasy (not sure if this is a correct label for Crowfall) is that grit you mentioned. We've had so many games with a cartoon style that we can't count them all. I know it may be easier/less time in terms of work, but make the art reflect the gameplay - make it more serious.
they are coming.. we haven't even scratched the amount of work i've done in the past few months.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Have they clarified the class and race creation process? Is it going to be MOBA style where the character is tied to the class with some tweaking (male, female, hair, etc.) or will it be the classic select a race then pick a class? I'm working under the assumption that it'll be the former.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Is this part of the process where all you guys start putting your wants, desires and bias onto the game without any information from the actual game?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Is this part of the process where all you guys start putting your wants, desires and bias onto the game without any information from the actual game?
Yes, but for once they're starting to match up as more info is revealed.

On a separate note.

Gaming honcho raises $2.35M in equity financing- According to the regulatory filing, Art Craft - that is currently located at TechRanch Austin - collected the capital from 10 investors.

Jul 9, 2014,

Art Craft Entertainment Inc., an Austin-based startup, reported receiving $2.35 million in equity financing, according to a Tuesday filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

According to the regulatory filing, the startup - that is currently located at TechRanch Austin - collected the capital from 10 investors.

J. Todd Coleman, who founded the company in 2013, refused to disclose any more details ahead of the official launch of the company. He said the company hasn't even begun hiring yet and is still in stealth mode. The company will consider leasing office space once it begins the recruitment process.

Prior to starting Art Craft Entertainment, Coleman was creative director and vice president at game development company KingsIsle Entertainment Inc. for about eight years. He left KingsIsle in February 2013, according to his LinkedIn.com profile. He also served as creative director at Wolfpack Studios Inc., a game maker.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Smells like a move to Rhode Island and the Providence Plantations is in the future.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
We need another Siege Perilous. I want the general WoW community to have that experience.

As if thousands of voices suddenly cried out in anguish and were suddenly silenced.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
We need another Siege Perilous.
rrr_img_88801.jpg

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Give Vanguard a new paint job and you will sell MILLIONS of copies....well ok maybe not but you would be my hero. I'll probably stick to Smite unless the player base shrinks for years to come unless a genuine fucking VG rip off MMO is released. Tried about everything out there and nothing provides enjoyment. Maybe I'm just getting old....

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Game will not rock untill they register toddbot.com and start crowfunding(!) there.

There calling it now.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Looks good, glad to have a Dev over here and I certainly like the art we've been shown so far. All of the characters looked great in game imo and I hope the rest of the game looks even better.
smile.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And now all the weirdos come out of the crevices. This will be another awkward thread.
You've been the only awkward part of this thread. Carrying on like a Debbie downer. Just relax and let people enjoy the fucking thread. It hasn't been irrational in the least so far.