Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Cruella (2021)

Tagline: Hello, Cruel World.

Genre: Family, Comedy

Director: Craig Gillespie

Cast: Emma Stone, Emma Thompson, Paul Walter Hauser, Joel Fry, Emily Beecham, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Chloé Booyens, Bern Collaço

Release: 2021-05-26

Plot: The evil exploits of Cruella de Vil, the villain from 101 Dalmatians.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Honestly looks fine. Not what I seek out in a movie, but Emma Stone elevates things she's in, she's great.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Looks pretty bad, Disney continuing to make live action movies on things which should remain cartoons, so far all have sucked, but keep on doing it!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Tons of people love these live action things. None of them have been for me. I don't have anything against trying to retell older stories for a new generation or whatever, but they just aren't good movies. That Beauty and the Beast shit was torturous. Aladdin was actually not as bad as I expected it to be, but still bad. My kids liked the Mulan thing but they like all kinds of garbage, idk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I thought Jungle Book was fine if nothing special. Beauty and the Beast was pretty bad though. Haven't seen any others if there are any though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This definitely has that weird DC villain movie vibe. Not sure who the audience is here; it's easier to sympathize with the Joker than with a crazy bitch who wants to skin puppies.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I liked Lion King live better than the cartoon. The rest, not so much.

• 1WTF
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Suicide Squad, Joker, Venom, Harley Quinn they've been trying the grimdark or comedic villain MCs for awhile now.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
original Cruella was pretty grimdark anyway. This bitch is like an old timey robber baron, but with fur.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Suicide Squad, Joker, Venom, Harley Quinn they've been trying the grimdark or comedic villain MCs for awhile now.
Right, it's been normal for WB for years, but this is Disney going that route, which is very not normal for them.

Maybe we'll get "Ursula the Sea Witch: My Struggle" next.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I can't wait for the harrowing tale of Casey Anthony and her struggle with abuse from her daughter.

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Wait til somoene finds an emma stone tweet where she loves dogs. The horror, the horror.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought Jungle Book was fine if nothing special. Beauty and the Beast was pretty bad though. Haven't seen any others if there are any though.
Lion king I thought was great jungle book ok/decent. Beauty and the beast hast some good things like Luke Evans and the

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Right, it's been normal for WB for years, but this is Disney going that route, which is very not normal for them.

Maybe we'll get "Ursula the Sea Witch: My Struggle" next.
We have already had 2 Maleficent movies that did well.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database