Cruella (2021)

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's dumb to portray anyone who wants to skin puppies in a positive light. You can look at the time period and go "well I suppose that's a thing that happened for the time period." But that is not what is being done.

Disney isn't making a period piece; they're dressing up actors in period wear (in most cases... probably not) and then somehow trying to humanize a woman who was willing to break laws in order to murder puppies. She literally hires two thieves to steal and kill/skin the puppies after the owners won't sell, and then tries to ram them with her car. She's literally a psychotic villain.

I have no idea how maleficent became a thing people cared for; she was a jealous witch with overwhelming power that destroyed a kingdom because they didn't invite her, a witch with overwhelming powers, to their daughter's birthday?

Why are we trying to make inhuman characters human? I ask this in a void because I honestly don't think it's because they have some weird agenda to make Muslim suicide bombings noble. It's just a f'n weird quirk and I don't get it. It's shitty kids with bad parenting growing up with bad schooling who think them being stupid/weird is somehow a super power. It's dumb.
Because you can't have female villains anymore, we need to learn how men misrepresented and mistreated them.

Fucker

Log Wizard
it sounds like a remake of the Devil Wears Prada. i really liked that movie, but i mostly liked it because of Anne Hathaway. i didnt care about that fashion shit.
DWP was as much about fashion as Silence of the Lambs was about cooking.