Cyberpunk 2077

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Really enjoying my new playthrough. Haven't played since launch, and my stoner brain doesn't remember too much, so it is like playing for the first time again.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Really enjoying my new playthrough. Haven't played since launch, and my stoner brain doesn't remember too much, so it is like playing for the first time again.
It will be my 3rd playthough. 1st I did at release , 2nd a bit later but before the blowout rtx release. Use mods/cheats to 'see' everything as I already knew the story. This time I'll play clean and hope my 3080ti doesn't melt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I did one at release then tried again at like 1.5 or 1.6? But then RL happened and I never finished. But there was already talk about this expansion happening so I knew I was going to come back anyway.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve done 2 full playthroughs, one Nomad, one Streetkid, and have messed around a few times with a Corpo play through that I finished just to finish and don’t count as a full run. Feel like I’ve found a good bit of new stuff every new game, or found alternate ways to complete a lot of the gigs. This time, other than for DLC content, I plan to spoiler everything and do as close to all the things I can in one playthrough as I’m able.

Cybsled

Btw, are you getting lots of nomad or street kid dialogue options in the DLC? Feels like I get a ton of Corpo options

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If I'm still on the first playthrough, should I get the DLC or just wait until I finish?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Launching on last-gen consoles ranks up there among the worst decisions any dev studio has ever made.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It can also be a symptom of a very long development cycle and poor roadmap.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Clearly a money grab by execs is my thought. And it bit them in the ass for sure.
Disorganized/incompetent management imo. Anyone seeing how badly the game had to be butchered to run (and still run terribly) on last gen hardware should have immediately started raising alarms about how horribly it would misrepresent the product but either nobody did or the alarms were suppressed. The always honest and forthright gaming media reporting widely on the last gen problems as if they represented the game's performance on all platforms was the cherry on top of a shit sundae.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Disorganized/incompetent management imo. Anyone seeing how badly the game had to be butchered to run (and still run terribly) on last gen hardware should have immediately started raising alarms about how horribly it would misrepresent the product but either nobody did or the alarms were suppressed. The always honest and forthright gaming media reporting widely on the last gen problems as if they represented the game's performance on all platforms was the cherry on top of a shit sundae.

They were in a shit situation either way. New gen consoles had just come out and had massive supply issues on top of that. Their options were A. Release a huge game that most people couldn't play (by excluding previous gen) B. Delay the game for technology adaption which I'm not sure if I've ever heard of and royally piss people off, or C. Delay as much as you think you reasonably can without people losing their shit then release and hope for the best.

I'm sure in hindsight they wish they went with B. just due to the damage to the brand, but don't think it was as simple as the usual story of the higher ups rushing a game to please investors

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IT wasnt just damage to the brand, it was damage to a pretty beloved gaming company that, before 2077, could do no wrong. But I also think that people over hyped this game to themselves for years before hand. Sure, Cd Red could have curtailed those expectations a bit, but they didnt.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
IT wasnt just damage to the brand, it was damage to a pretty beloved gaming company that, before 2077, could do no wrong. But I also think that people over hyped this game to themselves for years before hand. Sure, Cd Red could have curtailed those expectations a bit, but they didnt.

The company is the "brand" I was referring to

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't know why people were mad you could still get 40-60 out of the game at release.

• 1Hodjing

Chris

Potato del Grande
I may have bricked my game.

Did the 1st DLC mission and was about to go to bed IRL so didn't have time to continue. I saved the game and fucked around a bit in the second mission without paying much attention.

Then a character starts screaming at me that another character is dead and cyberattacks V unconscious. You wake up with the DLC failed lmao.

I don't think autosave overwrites manual saves so should be OK, but thought I'd warn people.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is T5++ just broken? T5 to T5+ worked fine but when I do the last upgrade with 200 mats no stats change on any gun I've tested. Doesn't seem to be a visual bug like the weird shit with T4/T4+ cyberware either. T5++ cyberware does seem to work ok too. Still says T5+, but at least the stats increase.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Is T5++ just broken? T5 to T5+ worked fine but when I do the last upgrade with 200 mats no stats change on any gun I've tested. Doesn't seem to be a visual bug like the weird shit with T4/T4+ cyberware either. T5++ cyberware does seem to work ok too. Still says T5+, but at least the stats increase.
I haven't actually done a T5++ upgrade yet (only got enough mats to upgrade 1 or 2 things at the moment, and not everything is T5+ yet), but when I select something as if I was going to, guns show a slight increase to damage. Are you seeing the damage increase in the preview, but then it's not there when you actually do the upgrade?

Cybsled

You need to look very carefully at any upgrade - some only do slight buffs and some outright nerf some stats or don’t change then at all