Cyberpunk 2077

Chris

Potato del Grande
The DLC also isn't at the end like Witcher or other RPGs. On a fresh playthrough it prompts you to start Phantom Liberty after the Voodoo Boys missions so you can get to new content pretty quick if you don't get side tracked.
I do think that the Phantom Liberty missions are more difficult than the regular game missions though, especially the first two. So it's best to do it later on if possible.

I did the Arasaka warehouse after those quests, so I just rammed a car through the front gate into the mech, two shot the mech with my tech shotgun, then cyberpsychoed out flying around the base in slow motion cutting off everyone's heads.

You are supposed to stealth in and that's what I did in my first playthrough.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I checked with the save editor -- I have looted 13 cyberware capacity shards. Six of them were blue (+2), five of them were purple (+4), and two of them were orange (+6). Total of +44 capacity altogether. Definitely makes me wonder how the game decides when you've had enough and cuts you off. Also I would swear that I looted more than two legendaries.

So my cyberware capacity works out to:

24 (base)
59*3 (leveling)
44 (shards)
15 (engineering)
4*4 (Renaissance Punk)
50 (Edgerunner)
--------

Curious how close that is to the actual max. The whole thing seems really buggy, there's tons of posts on reddit from people who can't even break 300 with Edgerunner, have never gotten a single shard to drop, etc. Even with 326 I'm going to be well short of being able to equip the last two pieces of chrome that I would like.

Edit: And now that I say things seem to be working properly for me I just leveled up and didn't get my +3 capacity for that level. I really hope 2.0.1 is a miracle patch....

Last edited:

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I checked with the save editor -- I have looted 13 cyberware capacity shards. Six of them were blue (+2), five of them were purple (+4), and two of them were orange (+6). Total of +44 capacity altogether. Definitely makes me wonder how the game decides when you've had enough and cuts you off. Also I would swear that I looted more than two legendaries.

So my cyberware capacity works out to:

24 (base)
59*3 (leveling)
44 (shards)
15 (engineering)
4*4 (Renaissance Punk)
50 (Edgerunner)
--------

Curious how close that is to the actual max. The whole thing seems really buggy, there's tons of posts on reddit from people who can't even break 300 with Edgerunner, have never gotten a single shard to drop, etc. Even with 326 I'm going to be well short of being able to equip the last two pieces of chrome that I would like.

Edit: And now that I say things seem to be working properly for me I just leveled up and didn't get my +3 capacity for that level. I really hope 2.0.1 is a miracle patch....
Yeah, I've gotten literally 2 shards, both purple. I assume this was on your pre-2.0 character, or did you blast through a new game already? I'd be happy as hell if I had managed to find 13 cyberware shards by now lol.

Also, starting the DLC quests seems to break the police system. I cannot earn a wanted level, or even get the police to attack me, even after shooting them in the face. I'll get the alert sound and combat will flash around the minimap for maybe a quarter second, but then they go passive and ignore me.

Vorph

Yeah, I've gotten literally 2 shards, both purple. I assume this was on your pre-2.0 character, or did you blast through a new game already? I'd be happy as hell if I had managed to find 13 cyberware shards by now lol.
No I started this character a day or so after 2.0 dropped. I cleared most of Watson but left All Foods and the Heist for PL release day just in case anything had changed there. Last time I had a shard drop was sometime in the level 40-45 range. Most of them came from NCPD activities, but a few were random drops off enemies, and then the two legendary ones I got from air drops. Edit-Actually I must have gotten just one from air drops, since there's a guaranteed one at the very beginning of PL (it's either with the perk shard that's basically unmissable or in one of the other spots marked on the 'treasure map').

And I haven't seen anything like that with the police system and I'm well into the DLC questline now. Gotta be more to your bug than just that.

Last edited:

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
And I haven't seen anything like that with the police system and I'm well into the DLC questline now. Gotta be more to your bug than just that.
Sure, I just couldn't say what. I loaded my save right before entering Dogtown and the cops will still attack. Loaded my save after the safehouse with the president and they won't attack. I just know it was something that happened during the first DLC quest. Apparently a ton of people have encountered this bug on the subreddit, but most of them are blaming a quest called Bullets that I haven't reached, so I guess there are multiple triggers.

Vorph

It's so bizarre how different the console and PC versions are. I really don't get why they wouldn't be using the exact same code for everything related to game data, stats, etc. That kind of backend stuff should be the same regardless of platform. I say this because I just loaded up my save where I didn't get the +3 cyber capacity when I leveled and instead of being broken (246) or correct (249), it's somehow bugged the other way and I have 255.

The cyberware arm bug is reversed on PC too. Meaning that the number with gorilla arms/monowire/mantis out is the correct one. On console it's correct when you 'holster' them.

Vorph

It appears some of the cyberware shard drops are fixed(ish). Specifically there are unmarked cyberpsycho enemies in Dogtown which can drop a capacity shard. They don't drop it 100% of the time (maybe 80%? I reloaded one a bunch of times to see if she would drop a higher tier one and she dropped the shard every time but once), and not all of them drop it at all. You'll know them when you see one, they're always elites and usually are ranting and raving about something or they're triggered to kill another NPC as soon as you step into range. Also, they drop a Black Lace Mk2 almost always, since I think that's the drug which is causing their cyberpsychosis.

Cyberpunk 2077-2023_10_03-14-04-38.jpg
Cyberpunk 2077-2023_10_03-14-03-50.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It appears some of the cyberware shard drops are fixed(ish). Specifically there are unmarked cyberpsycho enemies in Dogtown which can drop a capacity shard. They don't drop it 100% of the time (maybe 80%? I reloaded one a bunch of times to see if she would drop a higher tier one and she dropped the shard every time but once), and not all of them drop it at all. You'll know them when you see one, they're always elites and usually are ranting and raving about something or they're triggered to kill another NPC as soon as you step into range. Also, they drop a Black Lace Mk2 almost always, since I think that's the drug which is causing their cyberpsychosis.

View attachment 493353View attachment 493352
I'll have to check that out later - did it ever end up dropping a different rarity?

Vorph

I'll have to check that out later - did it ever end up dropping a different rarity?
Nope, only got greens from the two I found last night and this morning. There was one other I found that didn't drop a shard after like a dozen reloads, and I'm pretty sure there was at least a couple others that dropped one before I noticed the pattern.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Why can I get dumb shit like 80% mitigation chance/90% mitigation using Kerenzikov cyberwear (and the other 2 related cyberwears) with ranged weapons, but with melee unless I'm full into cool and crouching, I'm stuck with the like 8% mitigation chance/60% mitigation from the one available passive cyberwear?

How the fuck is this balanced? I'm a fucking god dashing around with a shotgun but I'm tissue paper doing the same thing with my mantis blades.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'd also like to know how Armor works in 2.0 - Pain Editor's flat 7% damage reduction seems awesome, but then is the 200 armor from Chitin better? I have no idea!

Vorph

How the fuck is this balanced? I'm a fucking god dashing around with a shotgun but I'm tissue paper doing the same thing with my mantis blades.
Dunno about Mantis but a katana does ridiculously more damage than any other weapon, and until you have the rest of the cyberware to make you a total god with sandevistan, there's berserk to make you invulnerable. Dashing constantly and using finishers to heal solves any other problems. Blunt weapons are pretty much fucked and monowire is garbage once again, but blades are insane.

I'd also like to know how Armor works in 2.0 - Pain Editor's flat 7% damage reduction seems awesome, but then is the 200 armor from Chitin better? I have no idea!
I've been wondering this too. They removed anything that might tell you how damage reduction works other than the completely useless "up to 59%" thing.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Armor feels fucking useless, and I don't even know how to even get it close to the "cap" you see on the right. I need to do some testing and remove all of my armor at level ~41 to see how much damage I take.

And yeah, Mantis blades don't feel as good as the Katanas. Really disappointing since they use cyberware capacity as well.

Really rough testing, level 41. Using the cyberpyscho at creek loop, Lt. Mower.

Looks like the rough estimate is to use the tooltip when hovering over armor % as your max potential armor and then pro-rate that % against your actual armor out of your max capped armor.
1696357636533.png

170 armor (max cap 1,240 - 54%?) - 313 hp. She whacks me for 213hp, triggers my autoheal
1696356396064.jpg

904 armor - 313 hp. Melees me for 136.
Screenshot 2023-10-03 110924.jpg

And yeah, Kerenzikov dodging with the 2 related defensive cyberwares, she was meleeing me for like 40 damage or something. Really stupid that those are all tied to ranged weapon aiming dash triggers.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Bought the tier 2 mantis blades last night, finally - they feel useless. Wish I would've bought the projectile system now.

Vorph

Armor feels fucking useless, and I don't even know how to even get it close to the "cap" you see on the right. I need to do some testing and remove all of my armor at level ~41 to see how much damage I take.

And yeah, Mantis blades don't feel as good as the Katanas. Really disappointing since they use cyberware capacity as well.
There's iconic cyberware that give huge bonuses to armor. The cost is absurd as well though. I don't know what the cap on the bar is but iirc the best I could do was right around 1000. Definitely have to drop 1-2 of those though, just way too much cost when there's other must-have offensive chrome with huge iconic costs too. Should be able to fit Pain Editor in though, since there's no iconic version of that and 7.5% already seems strong.

Not only do mantis blades use up capacity, but a melee build likely stops at 15 Body and once you get high mid level just about every Body check besides ripping turrets apart is a 20 and if you don't have gorilla arms you can't open any of them. Gorilla is the only arm slot ever worth using imo, for that reason and for doing the boxing side jobs.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Gorilla is the only arm slot ever worth using imo, for that reason and for doing the boxing side jobs.
I don't know, I've got the Doomlauncher perk from the Tech tree along with the relic perks for the launcher, and it works pretty well alongside a samurai build whenever enemies are clustered.

• 1Solidarity

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

Really rough testing, level 41. Using the cyberpyscho at creek loop, Lt. Mower.

Looks like the rough estimate is to use the tooltip when hovering over armor % as your max potential armor and then pro-rate that % against your actual armor out of your max capped armor.
View attachment 493388

170 armor (max cap 1,240 - 54%?) - 313 hp. She whacks me for 213hp, triggers my autoheal
View attachment 493383

904 armor - 313 hp. Melees me for 136.
View attachment 493384

And yeah, Kerenzikov dodging with the 2 related defensive cyberwares, she was meleeing me for like 40 damage or something. Really stupid that those are all tied to ranged weapon aiming dash triggers.
Thanks for sharing this. Looks like roughly 40 armor per % of damage reduction, at least at your level. Chitin (one of the iconics from PL) is the highest armor piece in the game I believe, it's 200 armor, so you're looking at 5% reduction. Pain Editor would seem to be the best defensive cyberware since it gives 7% DR, has around 100 armor, and it's cheaper (like 35 capacity vs Chitin's 50).

That said Chitin also gives +200% health regeneration if you have 20 body, so if you could afford it, why not both? Big if though.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Meh, I forgot Im not supposed to decrypt the eddie card from bad ass lady in the truck, now I'm missing out on some sexy time. Gawd damnit.

• 1Worf