Cyberpunk 2077

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Meh, I forgot Im not supposed to decrypt the eddie card from bad ass lady in the truck, now I'm missing out on some sexy time. Gawd damnit.
That's not true. I decrypt the eddie card every time I get it and still romance Meredith. The trigger if you go that route is not buying the bot at all. Kill Royce and fight your way out.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
That's not true. I decrypt the eddie card every time I get it and still romance Meredith. The trigger if you go that route is not buying the bot at all. Kill Royce and fight your way out.
classic film GIF by Warner Archive

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How do I stop running out of SMG ammo so fucking fast?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I believe the key or another of the keys is also pulling the data that Gilchrist is the mole while your in All Foods. Should be in a back room right before you get to Brick.

Edit for Spoilers after thinking about it.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you don't give her the Gilchrist mole info, or maybe if you fuck it up in other ways, Meredith winds up getting killed by Militech. You can find her body at the bottom of the lake with a concrete anchor near a dam structure if I'm remembering correctly.

Edit Spoiler

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I believe the key or another of the keys is also pulling the data that Gilchrist is the mole while your in All Foods. Should be in a back room right before you get to Brick.

Edit for Spoilers after thinking about it.
Not sure why we're spoilering 3+ year old content, but it's cool. Yes, this is also required which is why fighting out if you don't use the spiked credit chip is the only other way to romance Meredith. If you buy the bot with your own credits or with a hacked chip, Meredith dies as you don't ever get the opportunity to discover the mole.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I don't even know about the Gilchrist info. I must get it from just spam reading random laptops. I usually just off Royce because I want that free 10k monies. And then Meredith meets me outside. I know I've gotten Gilchrist instead once, but I honestly don't know how.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why can I get dumb shit like 80% mitigation chance/90% mitigation using Kerenzikov cyberwear (and the other 2 related cyberwears) with ranged weapons, but with melee unless I'm full into cool and crouching, I'm stuck with the like 8% mitigation chance/60% mitigation from the one available passive cyberwear?

How the fuck is this balanced? I'm a fucking god dashing around with a shotgun but I'm tissue paper doing the same thing with my mantis blades.
I didn't build mitigation as melee, but I sure as fuck got a god complex dashing arount with a Katana one shotting everything. Melee doesn't need more power.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They gimped the bejeebus out of my hacker boy. Ping wears off in seconds and I can't target people through walls now. Am I missing a perk?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They gimped the bejeebus out of my hacker boy. Ping wears off in seconds and I can't target people through walls now. Am I missing a perk?
Get a Tetratronic Rippler deck, and keep upgrading it every time you have the mats.

Upload the queue in this order:
Sonic Shock (T3 -> T4 -> Iconic... it's a trade off though, Iconic is only 2 RAM but having the upload time increased to 2 sec on your first hack is pretty annoying)
Short Circuit (always upgrade for max damage)
Reboot Optics (never upgrade past T2, even the iconic one is no good compared to just paying 2 RAM for the newb version)
Synapse Burnout (always upgrade for max damage)

Sonic Shock at T3 prevents any trace back from happening, T4 also adds a cloaking effect to the enemy meaning that nobody is going to pay attention to the dude getting dropped. After a short while they'll notice the body though, not that it really matters. Short Circuit will kill almost anything when it lands because of how the Rippler deck works. Reboot Optics is for the deck effect to proc, and for elites/bosses that survive the Short Circuit. Synapse Burnout is the finisher for elites/bosses, late game it'll hit for like 30000. For everything else you pay less than half the cost to queue it, but it never actually goes off so the RAM is refunded PLUS you get 80% of the full cost back as well from Data Recycler.

Ping shouldn't be upgraded past T3 until you get Iconic. Not even sure T4 exists, I never got it or the crafting recipe. Duration does indeed suck ass until you get Iconic.
Other 3 slots are whatever you want. I use Contagion and Overheat, both upgraded to the best I could get. Iconic Contagion is busted though, it appears to be exactly the same as T5.

Target through walls only happens in two situations: you have Netrunner skill maxed all the way to 60 and then you can hack through cover while Overclock is active (the 10m range sucks though, and I can't actually get it to work ever so I think it's just bugged), and also you can hack enemy netrunners through walls when they try to hack you if you take the relevant perk. This actually does work, though arguably it's better to just use Self-Ice cyberware.

And speaking of things that don't actually work, I have never seen Spillover spread any hack. Generally I wouldn't want it to anyway, unless I was already in combat.

Bare minimum int perks look like this:

Endgame you'll want most but not all of the tree:

Monowire is gimped to hell now and the new relic gimmick for loading a quickhack into it is fairly useless too. Much better to take Body 15 and equip Gorilla Arms to pass all the Body 20 checks (and at L60 they are almost all 20s because of the scaling that got added for PL).

And one final tip for setting up your quickhacks. The menu when targeting an enemy is last in first out. So when you're assigning the hacks to the deck put in the 4 you rarely use first, then put in the combo above in reverse order and when you target an enemy you'll be able to just go 1-2-3-4 down the list.

Oh and just in case you play on console like me, worth noting that I have *never* seen an iconic quickhack drop. I had to xfer my save to PC and get the ones I needed most there from access points, then xfer the save back. On PC they start dropping at L55, and I'm not L60 yet so it's possible they will show up eventually on Xbox, but at least for now I'd be pretty screwed if I hadn't double-dipped the expansion.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Cybsled

Ya, Gorilla Arms seem like the most useful arm cyberware because there are a ton of body checks that the arms let you more or less bypass. I barely use them for combat

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Get a Tetratronic Rippler deck, and keep upgrading it every time you have the mats.

Upload the queue in this order:
Sonic Shock (T3 -> T4 -> Iconic... it's a trade off though, Iconic is only 2 RAM but having the upload time increased to 2 sec on your first hack is pretty annoying)
Short Circuit (always upgrade for max damage)
Reboot Optics (never upgrade past T2, even the iconic one is no good compared to just paying 2 RAM for the newb version)
Synapse Burnout (always upgrade for max damage)

Sonic Shock at T3 prevents any trace back from happening, T4 also adds a cloaking effect to the enemy meaning that nobody is going to pay attention to the dude getting dropped. After a short while they'll notice the body though, not that it really matters. Short Circuit will kill almost anything when it lands because of how the Rippler deck works. Reboot Optics is for the deck effect to proc, and for elites/bosses that survive the Short Circuit. Synapse Burnout is the finisher for elites/bosses, late game it'll hit for like 30000. For everything else you pay less than half the cost to queue it, but it never actually goes off so the RAM is refunded PLUS you get 80% of the full cost back as well from Data Recycler.

Ping shouldn't be upgraded past T3 until you get Iconic. Not even sure T4 exists, I never got it or the crafting recipe. Duration does indeed suck ass until you get Iconic.
Other 3 slots are whatever you want. I use Contagion and Overheat, both upgraded to the best I could get. Iconic Contagion is busted though, it appears to be exactly the same as T5.

Target through walls only happens in two situations: you have Netrunner skill maxed all the way to 60 and then you can hack through cover while Overclock is active (the 10m range sucks though, and I can't actually get it to work ever so I think it's just bugged), and also you can hack enemy netrunners through walls when they try to hack you if you take the relevant perk. This actually does work, though arguably it's better to just use Self-Ice cyberware.

And speaking of things that don't actually work, I have never seen Spillover spread any hack. Generally I wouldn't want it to anyway, unless I was already in combat.

Bare minimum int perks look like this:

Endgame you'll want most but not all of the tree:

Monowire is gimped to hell now and the new relic gimmick for loading a quickhack into it is fairly useless too. Much better to take Body 15 and equip Gorilla Arms to pass all the Body 20 checks (and at L60 they are almost all 20s because of the scaling that got added for PL).

And one final tip for setting up your quickhacks. The menu when targeting an enemy is last in first out. So when you're assigning the hacks to the deck put in the 4 you rarely use first, then put in the combo above in reverse order and when you target an enemy you'll be able to just go 1-2-3-4 down the list.

Oh and just in case you play on console like me, worth noting that I have *never* seen an iconic quickhack drop. I had to xfer my save to PC and get the ones I needed most there from access points, then xfer the save back. On PC they start dropping at L55, and I'm not L60 yet so it's possible they will show up eventually on Xbox, but at least for now I'd be pretty screwed if I hadn't double-dipped the expansion.

Thanks for all that.

Seems all my gear including the Rippler is T5. Guessing you can't upgrade programs past that. Is it worth upgrading the Rippler? I think I might switch out to Netdriver for a bit and see how that fares as well.

I can't figure out if there's more Int-based Cyberware now or they've just upgraded it to T5. I skipped a bunch of stuff early on as it capped out at Grey or Green only. Need to reassess which Cyberware best supports hacking.

Kind of wishing there was a way I could reset Attributes again. Was Body/Int/Tech 20 last time and swapped out Body for Cool. Thinking it wasn't such a good idea despite wanting to play around with hand cannons instead of instagib Ba Xing Chong fun.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If you are at a point in the game where you don't mind using mods, there is one for resetting attributes as much as you want

EDIT I was assuming on PC and not console

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Thanks for all that.

Seems all my gear including the Rippler is T5. Guessing you can't upgrade programs past that. Is it worth upgrading the Rippler? I think I might switch out to Netdriver for a bit and see how that fares as well.

I can't figure out if there's more Int-based Cyberware now or they've just upgraded it to T5. I skipped a bunch of stuff early on as it capped out at Grey or Green only. Need to reassess which Cyberware best supports hacking.

Kind of wishing there was a way I could reset Attributes again. Was Body/Int/Tech 20 last time and swapped out Body for Cool. Thinking it wasn't such a good idea despite wanting to play around with hand cannons instead of instagib Ba Xing Chong fun.
Eh, honestly, once you get a T5 COX-2 Cybersomatic Optimizer with some way to get health back, Heal-On-Kill, I stopped caring about anything. Hit Overclock, then just walk into the middle of a room with LoS on everything, pause time and just chain synapse burn on everybody. I don't care about being traced, it just means the rest of the trash comes to me to die. If an enemy netrunner targets me, I'm perked to be able to counter hack them through a wall.

I also just ran a Raven cyberdeck, since Overclock gave a 50% spread chance, and this boosted it a tiny bit and doubled the range.

I'm pretty sure the COX-2 is bugged and doing 100% damage increase instead of 10% as well. You can try to be fancy chaining different quickhacks onto mobs, but my base synapse was 7-8k, more health than any mob had. Fighting a boss mob, putting a non-combat quick hack onto them before the synapse made it like 26k and would one tap them as well.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
So is it recommended to start a new game? I never finished it, but got fairly deep into the story and did a ton of the side shit.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
So is it recommended to start a new game? I never finished it, but got fairly deep into the story and did a ton of the side shit.
Eh, I did it just to learn the new system from the start and go look for any iconics I may have missed for whatever build I was planning. But the DLC is self contained and uses some of what you've already done quest wise for little interesting side moments in a couple of missions.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I played it a few months ago for first time, then last week with new update.

I want to play it a third time, the new gameplay is fucking good.