Cyberpunk 2077

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am trying to not get too excited about this, but its hard. While I enjoy action type games for what they are (Risk of Rain 2 for example) I am aching for a world that I can just get lost in and chill out for awhile. The last time I felt like that was Mass Effect 1... I was happy just to exist in that world and just walked around the opening part of Noveria on a snowed-in Thanksgiving day feeling very satisfied.

If I can get to that point in Night City I will have easily gotten my monies worth.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

https%3A%2F%2Fhybrismediaprod.blob.core.windows.net%2Fsys-master-phoenix-images-container%2Fhfa%2Fh66%2F9090593095710%2Frazer-viper-ultimate-cyberpunk-1.jpg

$160

• 3Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel like the previous page was a preview of Videogamedunkey's cyberpunk review.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought a Razer mouse once, never again. The Mouse wheel is held together by toothpicks, and when it busted those ass hats told me I’m sol even though it wasn’t even 3 months. Have since bought 3 wireless Logitechs for the same price of a single razer mouse, and after two years still on the first one (but always like having a backup or two)

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I bought a Razer mouse once, never again. The Mouse wheel is held together by toothpicks, and when it busted those ass hats told me I’m sol even though it wasn’t even 3 months. Have since bought 3 wireless Logitechs for the same price of a single razer mouse, and after two years still on the first one (but always like having a backup or two)
I have used nothing but Razer Nagas since they came out and have bought 3. 2 are still going.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They probable got Keanu because of all the crap they've sold for the past 5-6 years.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I didn't particularly enjoy those two either, but they were still fundamentally centered around actual game mechanics (Tactical RPG mechanics). PoE was the weaker of the two I would say, which is why PoE2 sold so poorly. W3 has way more cut-scenes, much more running around, and far fewer meaningful mechanics (RPG, combat, and otherwise).

As for me, I not only like RPGs but I've been a designer on several. Generally though the genre has failed to evolve, these days the best RPGs are generally classified as tactics or strategy games.
Is it the genre that has failed to evolve, or the gamers themselves that still want games circa 2000?

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Yes, I started skipping the long, tedious, mediocre (at best) dialogue because I like to play games and not just watch them. Of course, since there is almost nothing to play, that quickly became boring as well.

But I must be the stupid one for wanting gameplay in my game
Judging by your avatar pic, you're a Vikings fan. So needless to say, you wouldn't know quality for a long time now.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I skip these single player story driven games just because of that. If I want a story Ill read a book or watch a move or show. If I want to play games I want to play them, not watch them. I want action I want to shoot shit, slash shit, and grind for mad lewtz. Little story is ok and kind of drives the game along but if I have to sit there and watch dialogue screens for fucking hours, ugh, hard pass.

I see how these games are popular though, I have a buddy at work that creams at these "story" games. I just skip them. SO I can see where Denaut comes from. Honestly I skip all singler player games these days. I have more fun logging on, shooting/slashing shit for a while, maybe some PvP action and then log off in the myriad of multiplayer games.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I skip these single player story driven games just because of that. If I want a story Ill read a book or watch a move or show. If I want to play games I want to play them, not watch them. I want action I want to shoot shit, slash shit, and grind for mad lewtz. Little story is ok and kind of drives the game along but if I have to sit there and watch dialogue screens for fucking hours, ugh, hard pass.

I see how these games are popular though, I have a buddy at work that creams at these "story" games. I just skip them. SO I can see where Denaut comes from. Honestly I skip all singler player games these days. I have more fun logging on, shooting/slashing shit for a while, maybe some PvP action and then log off in the myriad of multiplayer games.

Right, if YOU dont like them you dont play them and that's perfectly reasonable. But pretending the story isnt good is ridiculous, because it's one of the best.

His argument is essentially "Football isnt a sport because I dont like Football."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Try Hades if you havent already. Story is ignorable, but the gameplay loop is fantastic.

Witcher 3 wouldnt be one that I would log into just for the loot and slash, of course. But have you played any with a good mix of story and one that hits all your bells and whistles without being multiplayer? I play games like this to kind of.. escape? having to play with other people at times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yes, I am going to be that guy.

Despite the knob polishing that the W3 gets by what seems like everyone, if you enjoy actual games it is mediocre at best. I tried 3 separate times (over at least a year apart) to finish it and failed out of sheer boredom. Between the incredibly long-winded NPCs and the boring running around, there is little gameplay and few meaningful game systems. By the time I finished the first area, and the one good storyline, I found myself skipping all of the dialogue which made it even more apparent how empty the game really is.

If your idea of a good time is holding a controller while watching a TV show badly in need of some serious editing, you might like it. If, however, you like unique and engaging gameplay there is a good chance you will fail to understand what everyone loves about the game as much as I do.
you're dumb

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users