Cyberpunk 2077

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The findable Hoonicorn tribute car is probably my second favorite car next to the nomad versions of the coyotes.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Observations from much deeper into the game

Quickhacking is ridiculous. I didn't get into it until later on, but I'm almost maxed and I can clear entire areas rapidly without ever being detected. I assume this is a mandatory start point for the highest difficulty.

The motorcycle is by far the best vehicle.

The AI enhanced auto headshot pistol is massively op.

I literally crucified a guy during a quest.

Great game
I tried hacks on hard mode and it wasn't good imo, couldn't beat the Spider Tank in the DLC.

Best imo is Sandevistan with a Katana and Double Jump/Dash. You can just behead everyone in slomo and dash-jump-jump across the map at high speed. Best hard mode twice easily with that setup.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The findable Hoonicorn tribute car is probably my second favorite car next to the nomad versions of the coyotes.

Last time I played through this, the side quest to find my old car was bugged, and it was invisible. I was hoping to still be able to complete it and Wonder Woman it up.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
That looks really cool. Why is the bike motion blur exceeding the blur on everything else though?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Finally started playing this game now that it's effectively feature complete. Towards the tail end of Act II and have been concurrently completing Phantom Liberty.

Stream of consciousness thoughts in no particular order; probably nothing people haven't discussed before, but whatever:
  • Cyberpunk isn't really my preferred genre/setting, and this has done little to change that because of how goddamn bleak and cynical everything is
    • The relativistic "there is no good solution" gets grating after a while, but that's probably more a "me" thing than a "game bad" thing
  • Gunplay is tight. Fun game as a sniper, especially once you reach Cool 20 and get the auto-headshot-crit passive and start comboing it with Sandy
  • Driving sucks.
    • However, I would like to thank CDPR for letting me pretend that I own a tricked-out 911.
  • I like the characters more than I thought I would. Basically no complaints at all about Jackie, Panam, Takemura, River, Misty, any of them.
  • Good perk tree; legitimately feels like you're getting a cool new toy every level up.
  • Janky menus (e.g., needing to hover over options to reveal them without any indication that those options are going to be there)
  • The Hunt quest
    (Peter Pan serial killer)
    is fucking sick and disturbing. Jimmies are very rustled.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea. There is more than enough writing in CP2077 for it to be dissected in the gamer gate thread. Much less the misdirection by saying Keanu didnt want to be modded into having sex with characters, while also banning mods that let you sleep with the lesbian chick. But whatever, welcome to Hollywood Gaming.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Judy and River are both cool, but Fem!V only. I like Panam as a character, but no one wants to date a girlboss.
I like how the main romance choices are all absolute disasters who need a psyberpsycho friend/lover to fix the insane shit they got themselves into.

I wouldn't really call a flawed character a "girlboss" to me that's the woke archetype that can do no wrong.

The Phantom Liberty Panam ending is disturbing though.
She ghosts you, but I think she's dead and Mitch is protecting you. She's vengeful enough to yell at you at least. It's not like they didn't have the voice actress, she does have Phantom Liberty voice lines.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Jig Jig Street hookers. Need to keep the Biotechnica corpos employed working on new antibiotics.

Judy and River are both cool, but Fem!V only. I like Panam as a character, but no one wants to date a girlboss.
1715117634171.png

Wab Kerry? There are mods for the others :D

• 1Worf

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Wab Kerry? There are mods for the others :D

Don't think I've reached the point in the main quest line where he appears yet, and/or I haven't managed to find whichever side quest breadcrumbs his personal quests like River. I do like the Prince/Freddie Mercury vibes, but heard he's kind of underdeveloped compared with the others and
is more in love with the Cluster B personality disorder-toting anarchist in V's head instead of V.
We'll see.

I'm at the point where
Samurai Dad wants me to attend the parade
, but I took a detour to finish up Phantom Liberty.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Kerry is tied to Johnny’s quest stuff - whether or not you unlock his future stuff depends on how the Johnny quests play out and the choices you make I think

Although that is most of the characters, like River or Judy - you can miss out on entire quest lines depending on choices you make. The River one where you’re investigating the killer is a great one that people can easily miss out on

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am back into this now after a long hiatus. Restarted a few days ago and am having a blast. I made a mistake of B-lining to the story missions without going through some of the side quests. Reached a point of no return (Vanilla game) and am now going through all the side missions and they are far better than most of the main story in my opinion. Some really great questing here. Now I am just basically "living" in the world and doing tons of the side missions that keep popping up and barely scratched the surface so far.

Once I complete the game, can I just launch right into the DLC? (Haven't bough the DLC yet)

Bought this a long time ago on my PS5 so it's the first time in a year this thing is getting any use whatsoever. Still don't miss PS essentials or extra or anything. Fuck that service.

However, I plat'd Elden Ring on my PS5 and with the DLC coming I am at a decision point. Guessing I would need essentials at $79.99 (Fuck that shit) to be able to have online capabilities with the DLC - so I am thinking if I have to pay $79.99 why not just buy the game on my Series X, start over and go through it all again and get ready for the DLC on that platform instead where I have Gamepass Ultimate until August of 2026 for literally $137 dollars (Thanks Vorph Vorph for showing my the way)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I am back into this now after a long hiatus. Restarted a few days ago and am having a blast. I made a mistake of B-lining to the story missions without going through some of the side quests. Reached a point of no return (Vanilla game) and am now going through all the side missions and they are far better than most of the main story in my opinion. Some really great questing here. Now I am just basically "living" in the world and doing tons of the side missions that keep popping up and barely scratched the surface so far.

Once I complete the game, can I just launch right into the DLC? (Haven't bough the DLC yet)

Bought this a long time ago on my PS5 so it's the first time in a year this thing is getting any use whatsoever. Still don't miss PS essentials or extra or anything. Fuck that service.

However, I plat'd Elden Ring on my PS5 and with the DLC coming I am at a decision point. Guessing I would need essentials at $79.99 (Fuck that shit) to be able to have online capabilities with the DLC - so I am thinking if I have to pay $79.99 why not just buy the game on my Series X, start over and go through it all again and get ready for the DLC on that platform instead where I have Gamepass Ultimate until August of 2026 for literally $137 dollars (Thanks Vorph Vorph for showing my the way)
The DLC is set after the Voodo Boys questline in Pacifica but before meeting Hanako in Embers.

So it can be completed mid game or late game. The first mission is actually very long and harder than anything in the base game, but there's a whole new zone after it and lots (LOTS) of long quests and side quests to do. So don't rush to it, but don't do it too late either.

It can't be completed after the original ending, though it does add another to the list of alternate endings. Make sure you save before doing this ending so you can experience the others.

It's probably the highest quality DLC made for any game ever, so make sure you do it. C'est magnifique, bon voyage.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The DLC is really good. To compare it with the Witcher 3 DLCs, I'd say it is better than Heart of Stone and at, or just slightly under, the bar set by Blood & Wine. I felt it was very much worth the purchase price.

The game is just so good now, after all the fixes and balance updates. They don't deserve a pass for how they launched the game, but they do deserve credit for all the work they put into it after.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users