D.C. Naval Yard Shooting

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My TS took about a year and a half and they showed up to houses of all kinds of people I knew.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Considering the fact that people with security clearances are told not to draw attention to themselves in public there sure seem to be a lot of people who are anxious to brag about it on the internet.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Considering the fact that people with security clearances are told not to draw attention to themselves in public there sure seem to be a lot of people who are anxious to brag about it on the internet.
Just like 50% of the people who say they're in the military on the internet say they are in special forces. All the people I know with clearances keep it on the down low.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
So this guy was going around being arrested for stuff, often violent stuff, sometimes involving firearms, in different states for years, with lots of indications, if not outright admissions, of psychological problems before this happened?

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'm not sure what clearance my mom has, but I know she isn't allowed to have pretty much any online presence. Isn't supposed to post on forums, can't have a facebook page, shit like that. No idea if everyone else just ignores it, but she takes it seriously.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
As a member of DEVGRU, OSS, SFODA, MARSOC and Gi Joe, I can tell you I had secret clearance and 75% of my deployments was training ANA and IA. Pro tip: Those American Inventors can't shoot.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So this guy was going around being arrested for stuff, often violent stuff, sometimes involving firearms, in different states for years, with lots of indications, if not outright admissions, of psychological problems before this happened?
Here's another nugget:

State Law Prevented Sale of Assault Rifle to Suspect Last Week, Officials Say

75% of my deployments was training ANA and IA. Pro tip: Those American Inventors can't shoot.
I always heard bad stories, especially from the MiTT teams. One we heard was that the Iraqis would stop to eat or whatever the hell else while taking fire and didn't seem to get what people were yelling at them about. I was convinced that was just another BS story until I was sitting in a DFAC one day and they had an interview on the AFN (?) station where someone was making that same exact gripe to a reporter.

Even the Iraqi-American I worked with had a bizarre way of looking at things, and he'd been an American citizen since the '70s or '80s IIRC. We used to watch him sneak several of the empty 1L water bottles into the DFAC so he could try sneaking mango juice out (or whatever that odd juice was). Some days he'd wear a jacket in the sweltering heat so he could jam the pockets full of rolls and stuff the sleeves full of fruit. We never did understand WTF he was thinking, half of it went to waste, and he didn't even need to sneak it out lol. But it was always hilarious to see him walking back from the DFAC after lunch and having to stop every 100m or so because stuff was falling out of his pockets and rolling around in the dust.

I miss that oddball though.
frown.png

Jais

Trakanon Raider
My ANA teams were always sketch as fuck(less so than IA/IP, those asshole weren't allowed behind me or arms reach) but we always had a few "Ready Go Rambo" legit Pastuns who fucking loved to fight. Fire swept poppy field? Those dickbags and their childish innocence always wanted to go hard charger and lob rpg7s from the middle of the field. Pretty sure the word "aim" has no translation.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure what clearance my mom has, but I know she isn't allowed to have pretty much any online presence. Isn't supposed to post on forums, can't have a facebook page, shit like that. No idea if everyone else just ignores it, but she takes it seriously.
She pretty much works in Area 51. Seriously though, that's pretty hardcore. I had TS + a few little DOE extras, but no rules close to that.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
never lead a room clear with a squad of afghans

half the time they won't follow and you will be fucked

then when you ask why it will be something retarded like "we're tired or you yelled at me earlier"

Jais

Trakanon Raider
From Erronius' link...

The gunman then perched himself above an atrium where he fired down on people who had been eating breakfast, officials said, adding that he used shotgun shells that had roughly a dozen large ball-bearing-like shots in them, increasing their lethal nature.

"When he discharged, the pieces of lead would spread the farther they went," the one official said. "It is similar to weapons used in bird shooting but on a more serious scale. These were not bullets but many small pieces of lead flying through the air."
Sooo, buckshot.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I don't get what your beef with that quote is. What part of what he said is wrong, except for maybe "increasing their lethal nature"?

It was obviously someone trying to figure out how to explain buckshot simply to people that might not know anything at all about guns.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Awww how sad that your mother lied to you on why she can't be Facebook friends with you.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just like 50% of the people who say they're in the military on the internet say they are in special forces. All the people I know with clearances keep it on the down low.
Same, i knew this owner of a steak restaurant that i would always chat with during my breaks when i worked at the mall of america. He was an ex-navy seal. Everytime someone told him how awesome that was he laughed and said "no. it's not. i made it through navy seal training because i was too stupid to quit. it was not fun, it was not impressive, it is nothing to congratulate me about. leave me alone."

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Same, i knew this owner of a steak restaurant that i would always chat with during my breaks when i worked at the mall of america. He was an ex-navy seal. Everytime someone told him how awesome that was he laughed and said "no. it's not. i made it through navy seal training because i was too stupid to quit. it was not fun, it was not impressive, it is nothing to congratulate me about. leave me alone."
LOL that is almost exactly what I say when people hear I was a Marine and ask if bootcamp was hard. I tell them, no, I was just too dumb to quit. Then I was too dumb to quit for 13 years.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
LOL that is almost exactly what I say when people hear I was a Marine and ask if bootcamp was hard. I tell them, no, I was just too dumb to quit. Then I was too dumb to quit for 13 years.
oh! awesome! you were a marine? how was boot camp? was it hard? i bet it was hard.