Daft Punk

eldub_sl

shitlord
i think the album will go down as one of the best of the year just for the fact that it has high replayability, they kept the bpm low, and it speaks to a pretty wide crowd of music listeners.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
That Horizon song sounds exactly like Pink Floyd. Exactly. And I mean that in a good way. At least the start does, I'm only halfway through. Loving it.

EmiliaEQ_sl

shitlord
Well after listening to it a few times, i can say i'm very very disappointed....
The album feels weird, several songs have potential, but nothing feels "amazing", the best and by far is Get Lucky, it just has that "perfect vibe".
Some others come close, but none of them feel "just right".. even Give life back to music has "something missing".

It's not bad, but nothing packing a punch like Discovery... I hope we'll get some decent remixes, but so far it's just "Get Lucky".... and that's it...

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"It felt too far away from their house/electronic roots and a little too slow/funk/love songy for my tastes"

So weird. Did you all not listen to Discovery?

Ether

Lord Nagafen Raider
"It felt too far away from their house/electronic roots and a little too slow/funk/love songy for my tastes"

So weird. Did you all not listen to Discovery?
I think the difference isDiscoverywas a house/electronic album with funk influences andRAMis a funk album with house/electronic influences.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Didn't like the new album much, not enough electronica.

Daft Punk is overrated anyways. I'll take "Together" over Daft Punk any day.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't had much interest in them in the past because I'm not a big electronic music fan. I'm totally digging the sound and all the guest spots. Big thanks to the friend who insisted I check it out.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Still love this album and listen to it end to end almost daily. Giorgio by Moroder is probably my favorite track at the moment.

misterapple_sl

shitlord
Honestly, i didn't like the album very much, but I'm still reserving my judgement until I see how they utilize the album into their live sets.

Neph_sl

shitlord
One of the things I love about this album is how it can be framed as a concept album.

Giorgio by Moroder sets the theme for it, where he mentions how he wanted to make a record with the sounds of the 50s, 60s, 70s, and a sound of the future, which Daft Punk do throughout the album. But he also mentions how he slept in his car while he was trying to make it big in discotheques. To me, the two Pharrell tracks sandwiching the Paul Williams track reads like this fictional guy going to clubs ("Lose Yourself to Dance"), dreaming in his car about the future ("Touch"), and then going back to the club and "getting lucky". The robots call to him in "Beyond" and he goes throughout life with that future as his present ("Motherboard").

And the last three tracks, to me, summarize the past/present/future theme: "Fragments of Time" being a throwback to 70s rock, the Panda Bear track is essentially just a modern electronic sound, and "Contact" reaffirms the future sound as more about the touch of live instruments rather than computers (just listen to the drumming).

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Daft Punk is overrated anyways. I'll take "Together" over Daft Punk any day.

The reason Contact is by far my favorite song on the album, with Doin It Right close second. The Falcon/Bangalter is so distinct, it gives me chills.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/20...s?sc=fb&cc=fmp

Pretty good interview, and I love the fact they name bomb James Blake, I honestly wish they pulled him on for vocals, atleast for one song.