Dark and Darker

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
Apparently this hit early access today with no official announcement on the discord.

Xevy

Log Wizard
$35 is maybe about 10 more than I would've expected, but it's definitely worth it. Plus that means they'll have plenty of cash upfront for their small team so they don't have to hustle out MTXs for money or do pay2win bullshit.

I'm holding off a few hours at least as I've never heard of chaf games, though that's not surprising as they're willing to distribute a game under litigation, especially since it costs money. They've also said 0 on their official discord which is VERY weird. Maybe this is some under-the-radar legal bullshit where they can't advertise it or something, but can launch it.

Either way HOPE it's really coming out and it's all legit as it was really fun and a lot of the videos Grimmz has been watching of internal dev changes looked really good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
$35 is maybe about 10 more than I would've expected, but it's definitely worth it. Plus that means they'll have plenty of cash upfront for their small team so they don't have to hustle out MTXs for money or do pay2win bullshit.

I'm holding off a few hours at least as I've never heard of chaf games, though that's not surprising as they're willing to distribute a game under litigation, especially since it costs money. They've also said 0 on their official discord which is VERY weird. Maybe this is some under-the-radar legal bullshit where they can't advertise it or something, but can launch it.

Either way HOPE it's really coming out and it's all legit as it was really fun and a lot of the videos Grimmz has been watching of internal dev changes looked really good.

They've announced it on Discord as of 5 minutes after your post, though there are a lot of issues going on with the integration.

I think the reason why they were waiting to announce it is because they were waiting to see if they got it approved in their home country of Korea, but the ratings board hasn't gotten back to them yet and it's already Tuesday morning over there so they probably figured they'd launch it now in every other country so they can bugfix and get it stable by the weekend.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Game now officially on DarkandDarker.com if you don't want to trust the other site. Bought the game and downloaded patcher, but patcher seems to be fucked due to traffic atm. Downloaded about 300mb in about 25 minutes so far of the 10.5gb total size.

Good news is game is up and working and you can see a bunch of streamers playing right now like Pestily, Grimmmz, Sacriel, etc. if you're on the fence about buying or curious about the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Game is playable but seems to be a bit buggy. Just died to a skelly that hit me through a wall except I don't know where it could have possibly come from because I never agro'd it nor heard it. Also just DC'd while loading into game. Luckily no gear yet or I would've lost it all which used to be a problem with their last few test runs and it seems they haven't fixed it still. This is a critical issue that will ruin the game.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
K I take it back, the game is unplayable. Save your money.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Had no problems except two games with big server lag but both were right after the launch patcher was starting to work and the server restart. 0 issues besides that so far.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm sure their servers are turbo fucked, that's to be expected given the weird hype train around the game.

The more concerning aspect for me is it's immediately devolved in a pretty sketch looking in-game store system. Buy the game, still have to pay more money to unlock classes, various in-game currencies - the in-game store even says there will be 'supplies' to buy with your various stupid currencies.

Especially considering they are Korean I'd say there's a very real chance this game is completely ruined by a bunch of line skirting P2W bullshit.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Korean Playerbase loves p2w shit - they’ll torpedo their game pretty fast in the west if you can just buy shit that gives you a PvP advantage

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea it's fully up and playable and is quite good still

They backed off the paid/grind class unlocks and all classes are available now for everyone so that's at least somewhat encouraging

Rogue can't double jump over the boarded up doorways in the ruins map anymore though, game is ruined

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fuck that, rogue starting weapons can't break those barriers. Map is almost unplayable without a way past them, hell you can spawn in some places where you're actually just trapped by them

Xevy

Log Wizard
Your torch will break barriers. It used to be a major problem for sure rogues couldn't get through. I was a rogue for the entire playtest before the new map launch and I just couldn't use secret passages, but you can break them down with your torches now in a couple bonks.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Warlock is so weird to even put in to the game in this state.

Hellfire goes through walls and can cheese the entirety of hell in complete safety.

Class does literally nothing else besides this