Dark Souls 2

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So I cleared out No-Man's Wharf, Bastille, Sinner's Rise, and Belfry Luna, and apparently the Sinner boss was one of the big 4. I had two options since I still had a branch, to either go to whatever zone is behind the statue blocking the switch where the NPC is talking about the statue, or have Licia open the door to what I found out is Huntsman's Copse. I chose Copse, still not sure what's past the statue in the other place. Also I guess there's still a statue in Heide's that I haven't unfrozen, but I only have 1 branch after using two more in Bastille on Straid and the door to Ruin Sentinels.

Is Copse a good place to be at this point? Where did Gavlan and Straid run off to? I can't find either of them where they originally were. I wanted to sell a bunch of trash to Gavlan
frown.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Straid stays still - Gavlan moves a few times. (No Man's > Earthen Keep > Doors I think?)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Hmm as soon as I rested at that bonfire, Straid poofed. Perhaps he moved behind me and I just didn't notice?

Vaclav

For me he's right outside the door - was standing close to one of the explosive dudes until I murdered them all permanently

Vaclav

LOL I completely fucked my Prayer trophy without a reroll. Dammit didn't notice until the end what I'd done.

Was wanting some extra humanity to knock out Darklurker earlyish, so I buffed the bonfire at Majula a bunch of times to farm the basement skellies (1 humanity on 1, 2 on 2, etc) - neglecting to remember the invasion of Licia, she's pretty bad normally but on Intensity 6, she can go F herself. Not impossible DPS and HP wise, but that damn heal is just too big at that point while dodging all her one shot BS.

Vorph

"But... but... it's a feature!" (said every retarded FromSoft white knight on reddit ever.)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
When someone says "here's the gist" they are giving a brief overview. The author didn't need to go into detail that swinging at air doesn't cause degradation but instead hitting mobs, walls or corpses does. The same authorwrote about the durability bug in detailtwo days ago. In fact if you weren't trying to be a cheeky cunt you'd notice that he writes about Dark Souls a lot and even wrote their Bloodborne review.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I suggested it might be an intended change because you'd have to be fucking blind to not see that it's a huge departure from vanilla DS2 durability mechanics. Apparently From is fucking blind.

The only way I can see this noticeable of a bug getting out of QA is that they either didnt QA this (unlikely) or they only used highly controlled emulators with fixed framerates (the classic, "but it works on my machine!").

As an anecdotal point, my buddy swore there was no change to durability in SotFS. Turns out he's playing on a laptop and getting less than 30 fps.

Vorph

He should still notice it since From inserted a second call to the function that applies durability damage. I'm not sure if that doubles all durability damage or just durability damage from hitting corpses, co-op players, mobs made friendly and immune to damage by a covenant, etc. I assume it's the latter, since the 30/60 fps thing is only with those physics-enabled objects.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember now what made the DLCs so stupid hard - infinite poise on almost all mobs.

God this is silly, jump attack and strong attack with a 50 poise damage Lost Sinners Sword? no problem brah, here take my full combo.

But that shit was well worth it, got enough bones to upgrade my Lost Sinner Sword to +5, one-shotted smelter demon because he only lasted through a dozen hits with this sick sword.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I'm actually taking a break from the game on account of the DLC difficulty. Story-wise, I'm just past the Looking Glass Knight, so I could easily come back more powerful. But to do that I have to do Shrine of Amana =p