Dark Souls 2

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PC still locks at 60 doesn't it? Or does it exceed PS4 framerate on the regular? (PS4 does drop below 60 occasionally though)

Perhaps part of the disconnect is PC is more broken than PS4.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Debating whether it's gamebreaking or not is a matter of semantics, but it's indisputably an issue. My weapon of choice this playthrough is the Roaring Halberd. Yes, it's a sweeping weapon and yes, it only has 40 durability. But this "Well, you'd have nothing to bitch about if you used another weapon" line of argument holds no weight for the simple and irrefutably reasonable fact that I like the Roaring Halberd and it's intended to be a usable weapon that's been rendered borderline unusable in some situations on account of a bug.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PC still locks at 60 doesn't it? Or does it exceed PS4 framerate on the regular? (PS4 does drop below 60 occasionally though)

Perhaps part of the disconnect is PC is more broken than PS4.
yes my game doesn't go above 60 FPS. But then again, maybe that's what the 650ti can do, and no more.

wow I thought Shrine of Armani was already painful enough the first time, but now the lurkers actually agro at a longer range than jump attack distance and they've hidden more laser priestesses?

And who would have thought Dragonrider isn't such a giant pussy in waist deep water

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems weird that now of all times they are banning peeps. They've been really really lax on cheaters in the game.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Durability patch was released on PC for both versions of the game. Now to work on beating the Blue Smelter Demon.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah the durability patch needs to happen in the PS4. Its literally impossible to use certain weapons due to it. I wound up sticking with the Grand Lance this playthrough, despite really wanting to use a couple other weapons, due to it being the only good weapon with high Dur. Even then, it would break occasionally in certain boss fights even with zero trash clear up to them. I broke it a couple times farming Loyce Souls helping people with Ivory King. I would love to use my Ivory Great Sword or several other weapons, but with Dur 50-70 they would never last the fight.

Anyhow, I managed to beat every single inch of this game NG except the twin snow cat things in the snowblind area of the final expansion. Not sure I want to even bother with them, since they are frustrating as fuck and there is no real reward for killing them. Killing the three dudes at the end of the Iron King expansion was frustrating enough solo. Extincting the snow reindeer is tedious as fuck and there is no way any weapon I use would ever last the entire fight against those two bosses, anyhow. Might just move on to NG.

Question, though: Does Bonfire Asthetic in the Far Fire in Marjula restock the vendors there? I am wanting to scoop up some more Twinkling and Dragon Bone from the ore vendor.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nope. Twinkling and PDB are both easy to farm with ascetics elsewhere, though. Not sure if SOTFS changed that.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Drop rates seem lower with this version. I remember I farmed the shit out of the big black muppet monsters in the water basement area of the Dragon Shrine and had piles of Dragon Bones, plus the water zone before Undead Crypt dropped tons of Twinkling. Both dropped a lot less playing this version (plus were made harder to farm with the revised mob positions).

Gonna give up on the two frozen cat bosses in the Ivory King expansion. Its just too much aggravation for no gain and now I have assholes invading me there when I cross the zone. Trying to juggle repair powders in that fight and take on two of those guys with the reduced windows of opportunity that the 60FPS allows for is enough for me to say "I'm too old for this shit". Beating Sir Allione and the trio solo were enough self gratification. Being a caster build does not help, I guess, but I just enjoy the magic too much in this game to give it up, even with the lightning being nerfed into complete worthlessness.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Drop rates seem lower with this version.
Twinkling and PDB farms were both static ground spawns that came back with ascetics. Twinkling in Forest of Fallen Giants before the Giant Lord tree (fall off ledge, grab from corpse) and the PDB farm run was in the Sunken King DLC, quick run with a few mob kills to get some chests.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Drop rates seem lower with this version. I remember I farmed the shit out of the big black muppet monsters in the water basement area of the Dragon Shrine and had piles of Dragon Bones, plus the water zone before Undead Crypt dropped tons of Twinkling. Both dropped a lot less playing this version (plus were made harder to farm with the revised mob positions).

Gonna give up on the two frozen cat bosses in the Ivory King expansion. Its just too much aggravation for no gain and now I have assholes invading me there when I cross the zone. Trying to juggle repair powders in that fight and take on two of those guys with the reduced windows of opportunity that the 60FPS allows for is enough for me to say "I'm too old for this shit". Beating Sir Allione and the trio solo were enough self gratification. Being a caster build does not help, I guess, but I just enjoy the magic too much in this game to give it up, even with the lightning being nerfed into complete worthlessness.
I never got shit for either on PS3 - they dropped like candy on PS4. (Although I'll admit I full timed +2 Gold Covetous ring and an item find hat)

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Dark Souls 2 is MUCH slower. There's a big emphasis on going into turtle mode and getting in one or two hits and then back to turtle.

It's also pretty easy compared to Dark Souls 1 and Demons Souls. I think Bloodborne starts pretty difficult but gets a lot easier as the game goes on. Once you get the greatsword there is no reason to use anything else in BB.

Sorcery, Faith, Hex, Pyromancy are all viable builds. No real use for magic in BB. There's a wide variety of weapons and playstyles. Tons of armor but they call it Fashion Souls for a reason. You pick a set that you like the look of and stick with that. A couple stats plus or minus means nothing overall.

Dark Souls 2 is worth playing. Especially the PS4 version which is a ton of content with all the DLC (which was MUCH harder than the base game).

One last thing. They story actually makes some sense in Dark Souls 2. It takes awhile to figure it all out but it's a lot more straight forward than whatever the hell Bloodborne was.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Is it worth picking up and playing through the original Dark Souls 2 if you finished the SOTFS re-release?

Bloodborne and the souls games are pretty different as far as combat and available weapons/armor go. There is no healing for being aggressive in combat and it's much slower/methodical than Bloodborne. The weapon and armor choices are downright insane compared to Bloodborne. I think in the first area you can get a greatsword, halabard, flame sword, priest chime, sorcerer staff, rapier and get 3-4 different sets of armor plus there is probably double that between the merchants you can find in the first hour or so of game play. Another plus is the New Game+ in DS2 is quite a bit better than Bloodborne's; bosses can have companions and certain ones drop new souls that give you powerful weapons/spells, new/more mobs and lots of better rings. Although fuck those red mobs in that one room after the second bonfire in the Iron King DLC.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I finished Bloodborne. Hooked my PS4 up to my computer monitor and was enjoying it a lot more. Not as much as DS or DS2, though.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So I played bloodborne first, and now am going back and playing dark souls 2 on ps4. I think I just finished up iron keep, and so far it is much easier than bloodborne. I'm running a str build with drangleic shit for the most part, the game is 90% strafe while blocking and attack one to two times after the enemy finishes attacking. Rinse and repeat.

The biggest differences is the bosses. The bosses in bloodborne were intense even at the beginning, while the DS2 bosses are pretty easy overall. I hear it gets harder but so far I'm not impressed.

For the gear, there is a lot more than in bloodborne but I find myself changing gear just as infrequently. When you have 10 of the same type of weapon, there's always going to be one that's better and the other 9 rarely used.

It's still fun though. I like the estus flask system

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The second game you play in the Bloodborne/Souls series is not harder by virtue of the fact that you cut your teeth on the general design of the combat systems on the title you have played.