Dark Souls 2

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Awesome. Loved Dark Souls and I would like to think the developers know why people love it. High hopes indeed.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I'm sure a lot of us have heard of Dark Souls since its a not exactly a new game.

Have you heard of it too?

Btw, it would have been easier to use a numerical value

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
So hard right now.

Won't play it on PC even if they do simultaneous release though, this is one of those few games i'd rather play on PS3 and it's almost guaranteed the port will be shit.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
The thread was a joke since there were 3 others ont he same game, the misspelling of 2 to too was part of the joke.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
I have Dark Souls on PC and I love the shit out if it. I really dont get the complaints about the PC port, granted you use a controller for it. The non-handholding no bullshit dont fuck around gameplay is the bomb.

Best RPG in a long time IMO

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
I think what I liked most was the "realism". It gets old in RPGs and other action games when the big fucking demon hit you with his sword and its like nah bro its cool, even though that sword is twice as big as your character and the demon is twice your size, it only took 100 hp and you got 2k so its no probs. Fuck that. In demon souls, if that big fucking dragon breathes fire on you, youre fucked.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I have Dark Souls on PC and I love the shit out if it. I really dont get the complaints about the PC port, granted you use a controller for it. The non-handholding no bullshit dont fuck around gameplay is the bomb.

You're not using DS Fix? I think the main complaints is that people had to use a fan made fix to make the port actually good.

Hope this one has better rogue/archer support. More daggers, better damage on bows/stat that affects arrow notching speed to make it more usable in combat.

Syntax Error_sl

shitlord
Can't fucking wait for this, but I'm also kind of nervous that Miyazaki is only supervising this and the new guys are talking about things being more straight forward and less subtle.

source

Malt_sl

shitlord
I would like them to find a balance between enter portal/go to area 1-1 in Demon Souls and the huge open world that was Dark Souls.

While I enjoyed the huge world much more it made the multiplayer suffer imo from everyone being so spread out and going to different areas at different level ranges. It's possible it got better after I had played through the game since I played day 1 and didn't sleep much until it was beat.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord

If you don't understand the complaints about the PC port, I'd have to wager you don't play many PC games. If you're not using a controller, none of the in-game tips change to help you along with a keyboard/mouse setup. Even barring the tips, opening up the key bindings shows an array of settings that seem to be determined by someone who also has never played a PC game. Like, wtf. Why the fuck the "end" key brings up the menu is fucking beyond me.

It's set on a ridiculous resolution, and the only way to change it is with the fix. If you're not playing with the fix, the game looks like utter shit. The UI is fucking weird, and doesn't fit the screen.

The biggest issue is GFWL; I hate that fucking thing attaching to my PC games because it has so many issues, and has continued to have so many issues.

Honestly, the annoying thing is that modders fixed the majority of issues with this port fairly quickly - for some unknown reason, it did not come across in the PC port to begin with. And that is just shoddy work.

Edit: And I only posted because when I was playing Dark Souls, it's so intensely evident immediately if you aren't using a controller. Some of the bindings are intuitive - like spacebar and shift keys for dodge/backstep/block -I can get used to those, but for others, it's ri-god-damn-diculous. It's also super annoying to be in game for the first time and see, L Trigger + B = Dash! And it's like, fucking amazing, awesome; NOW TELL ME HOW THAT APPLIES TO ME WITH A MOUSE.

Admittedly it's a much better game with a controller, but I'm so used to playing games on PC with a mouse that what caused me to grab my wired 360 controller was necessity, not preference.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Everyone bashing the port are 100% right. It was super fucking lazy in every way.However, use a controller and the resolution fix mod and suddenly it is a superior experience to the console version. That isn't even counting all the other mods you can mess with for Dark Souls.

If there is a simultaneous release for the PC, I think you would have to be crazy (ie: want to play Dark Souls without a controller) to get the console version.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I played Dark Souls on the PC with a controller =|

I am sure it was a shitty port, but if you have the equipment it really wasn't. It was fairly faithful otherwise. An xbox 360 controller makes a world of difference and should basically be required by games this generation. Hell, I can't see playing previous generations emulationwise without one.