Dark Souls 2

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any tips for the medusa boss in the poison room?
By the second bonfire, light your torch, turn away from the bonfire, notice the little ledge that is near the windmill gear? Take your torch up to it and you can light it on fire. This will drain the poison out of the whole stage (the poison heals her).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Caster tip: On the way to the Shaded Ruins boss there's a petrified lion blocking a chest in a ruined building. The chest contains an armor set and each piece increases casting speed, and you'll also get a branch to replace the one you used on him. Win/win.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Oh shit, totally forgot about that one.

Also kicking myself for totally wasting stones at the rat place.
I did the same. Will the lockstones ever turn up on vendors again (other than the first initial one)? I have played for around 15 hours, only seen 3. And put one in the rat place as you mentioned, it turned dark, then I got summoned to a Crotchcracker person (thought it was a player due to the stupid name, but apparently not), who killed me.

There are dozens of locks in the rat place, and I will gladly unlock them all, but not if the lockstones are in limited supply.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
By the second bonfire, light your torch, turn away from the bonfire, notice the little ledge that is near the windmill gear? Take your torch up to it and you can light it on fire. This will drain the poison out of the whole stage (the poison heals her).
I knew there had to be some sort of trick to the poison floor, i lit the windmill on fire then went in there and one shot her.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You will find more, think I have 5 on me atm. Also, I believe you get one for every rat covenant pvp kill.
Great. Thank you
smile.png

Found out today that poison arrows are godlike. Was exploring and found the undead parish, guarded by a red phantom (first one I have seen so far). Shot him through some grates where he couldn't get to me with some poison arrows I bought from the vendor in the No mans wharf, and 4 arrows = 1200ish damage.

Only bought 10 just to see what they did, and definitely going back there to get more now. Ranged seems equally as effective / cheesy in this game as it was in Demon and Dark Souls. Love it
smile.png

EDIT: Just cleared the wharf again. Where did the big beer drinking vendor go? Can't find him or the sorcerer now either there or in the main city.

Dark Souls 2 Wiki - Gavlan

Dark Souls 2 Wiki - Carhillion of the Fold

Both of those are gone with me
frown.png
I already bought all the spells from the sorcerer, so that isn't such a big deal, but I want more poison arrows
frown.png

Raes

Vyemm Raider
EDIT: Just cleared the wharf again. Where did the big beer drinking vendor go? Can't find him or the sorcerer now either there or in the main city.

Dark Souls 2 Wiki - Gavlan

Both of those are gone with me
frown.png
I already bought all the spells from the sorcerer, so that isn't such a big deal, but I want more poison arrows
frown.png
He is initially found in

No-Man's Wharf

but moves once you've spoken to him. This means that at each location until the final one, you'll only be able to sell to him once.

The second location is:

Harvest Valley

The third and final location is:

Doors of Pharros

Source is the Collector's Edition Guidebook, pg 428.

dark souls 2 - How can I sell my equipment? - Arqade

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
He is initially found in

No-Man's Wharf

but moves once you've spoken to him. This means that at each location until the final one, you'll only be able to sell to him once.

The second location is:

Harvest Valley

The third and final location is:

Doors of Pharros

Source is the Collector's Edition Guidebook, pg 428.

dark souls 2 - How can I sell my equipment? - Arqade
Thank you very much. No idea where those locations are yet, but guess I will stumble upon him later. Wish I had bought more poison arrows when I had the chance now.

I'm not very far. Lit many bonfires, but not killed any major bosses except one or found anything that can remove petrification.

Guessing the light on the stone map represents killed major bosses (ones with cut scenes showing them)? Only have the Last Giant so far if that is the case.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Made an explorer, while the items were nice I used a lot of them before I had enough stats to equip a decent sword and shield. Killed the Giant with the help of the fire sword, leaning toward Dex build and picked up a +1 Falchion.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just realized I never dropped my item in the bird's nest in the beginning. Is there a l ist of stuff that drops there?

Edit: This link is a spoiler. It's a flowchart/map of where to go. I just glanced at it, but it seems to be pretty accurate. I won't spoil the link, just don't click it if you don't want to be spoiled:

http://i.imgur.com/4UeHK2J.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Apparently there are two ring rewards in game for beating the game without using bonfires, and for beating the game without dying. Each ring makes one of your weapons invisible.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It will be interesting to see speed runs of this game. I always enjoyed that shit in DS1. I'm sure Kotti and a few of the other guys will be hitting that up and getting those rings.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I can't even imagine a no death or a no bonfire run... I know the game is masochistic but that's a bit over the top for me.

Anyway, I cleared the first Belfry area (Luna I think). It was pretty stressful but I learned the best way to get through the area was to simply be extremely aggressive. There really aren't very many enemies so it doesn't take long to clear the area out, pull the bell and get to the boss's room. The Gargoyles weren't too bad. I think it took me 3 attempts.

I'm still using the Fire Longsword that I got really early in the game simply because I really haven't found anything better. I'm not sure if it's like the Drake Sword trap from the first Dark Souls game (great weapon early on but terrible scaling that means almost any other upgraded weapon will outclass it quickly) or if there simply isn't anything better for me just yet. I'm going a fairly high strength build with enough Dexterity to equip other things as well. My sorcery sucks (I did drop enough points into the stats to open up 1 magic slot and a bit more than enough INT to cast Soul Arrorw). My Fire Longsword is currently +8. I joined BellBros and farmed up 3 Titanite Chunks and will probably try and farm 3 more to put it at +9. Anyway, what weapons should I be looking out for? Stick with the Longsword or is there something better I should be keeping an eye out for?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I ended up buying a broad sword and have it sitting at around +3 or something. I tried a halberd which has much higher damage, but I can't really control the weapon too well.

Really in these games it comes down to which weapon style you prefer, as they all behave differently. I haven't seen any uber weapons like the drake sword or black knight halberd (although have heard it is in the game).

Usually I'll level up my weapon before I level myself up, with the bottleneck really being titanite for me.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm reading a couple things that are saying that reviving as a human after helping somebody kills a boss is a "bug" and is being looked into. Note that the bug isn't the chance to revive as a human. What they're saying is that there should be zero chance to revive as a human and that the ability to do so now is not intended.

Reviving to human after playing coop is a bug... : DarkSouls2
Apparently reviving after Phantom help is a bug - Dark Souls II Message Board for PlayStation 3 - Page 2 - GameFAQs

I REALLY hope that this is a bad translation or something because the main reason to help people with bosses (outside of just being selfless) is the chance to revive as a Human. Sure the souls are really nice and they add up but the reason I help people with bosses is to reverse Hollow after my life bar starts getting too low. It's not like I'm hurting for Effigies (have just over 20 right now) but I really don't like that change if it's true and they patch it out.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Do you seriously need to be human? Just use Ring of Binding. I've only been human for like 30 minutes total out of 40 hours.