Dark Souls 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
My fume greatsword seems to be broken. I'm constantly seeing the sword go through mobs on the thrust attack and not registering a hit. Was really annoying at the first boss having to wait for the roll animation to be over so I could do the overhead slash. Also, fuck that first boss.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Poise was adjusted across the board leading up to DLC.

Can you give an example of something that wasn't possible before that is now? I'm not seeing any changes, besides the specific existing attacks having hyper armor .

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
So I started a NG+ Right after I completed all the bosses, but I want to go back and play the DLC right away, my NG+ is only still at firelink barely, am I going to have to replay the whole game to play the DLC?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Not the whole thing but a decent chunk. Entrance is at the cathedral of the deep bonfire.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I think I spent more time running around looking for what to do next not realizing I had finished the DLC than in the actual DLC. I finally gave in, looked online and was shocked that was it. After the Artoris, all the crown DLCs and especially the old hunters this really feels like a rushed job. Here's hoping the next one is a bit longer and goes somewhere a little more interesting. Will say the limited number of boss fights were really good at least.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Enjoying the DLC so far, not overly challenging or anything (at level 90) but it hits the mark for Dark Souls difficulty. As far as PvP goes, I'm seeing a lot more UGS users but they haven't held up any better to my Sunlight Straight Sword than they did at launch.

The one thing I regret is before I stopped playing I killed every npc. No more upgrades via Andre etc. Oh well!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Finished the DLC, total time was prob around five hours and a decent chunk of that was spent backtracking and being lost as to what comes next. The final boss of the dlc was definitely a fun fight, but overall something longer w/ greater lore implications would have been nice.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I've got an int/bleed build going, and a pyro build on another toon.

Much happiness to be had from that goddamn DLC DW scythe.

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
Long thread so I don't really want to go through 100 pages.

Anyone else kind of disappointed that this game just seems to be a copy pasted collage of Demons Souls, Dark Souls 1 & 2? Like in a way it's cool, but it goes sooo far. Beginning areas...dragon flies down, nukes bridge. Locked doors. Key available for sale. Balder knights. Same weapons. Same spells. Same NPCs. It's weird...?

Souls is my favorite series of all time so I'm ecstatic just to have a fresh experience but this is really strange. Also, I am just finishing Bloodborne and for how long it took me to get used BB, I now desperately miss the fast paced combat, the weapon system, the sidestepping and dodging and the healing Blood vials. Man. If I could combine the mechanics and core of Bloodborne with the itemization and world design/length of Souls I'd have my most perfect game of all time. Also, I hate how they did such an awesome job with the Agility (or whatever the fuck it was that let you roll faster and chug estus quicker) stat in 2 and just completely removed it. Baahhh.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Also, I hate how they did such an awesome job with the Agility (or whatever the fuck it was that let you roll faster and chug estus quicker) stat in 2 and just completely removed it. Baahhh.

For me personally, I think agility is one of the worst things in DS2. It makes the game feel so sluggish compared to any other game in the series until you get agility. When I did my playthrough of all the series recently, DS2 again just felt so slow compared to the other games.

With any stat in an RPG, I think it should start at what feels like a "normal" value and then scale to make you feel powerful. DS2 agility makes you start like you are a 90 year old man with arthritis and only after raising it do you eventually feel like you can do your thing.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I don't think a lack of Agility in DS2 makes the game feel "sluggish," it just reduces your iFrames so roll dodging has to be tighter.

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
Okay, I kinda feel the need to do a pretty heavy 180 on my original post above. I was only an hour or so into the game and those were my initial impressions. I definitely can understand why I saw things that way, but now I'm about 20 hours in and just finishing Wolnir and Smouldering Lake. So actually the level and world design is not an entire rehash and to be quite honest I am extremely impressed with all of the landscapes, environment design and NPC/enemies.

This game is dense as fuck though and since I haven't had internet access to download updates yet, my poise is absolutely worth fuck all and shit is aggressive as fuck so the density can be quite annoying at times - not even difficult, just annoying. The gear is well designed this time around in terms of aesthetic and whatnot but holy fucking shit, everything that is not a straightsword or rare exception is absolutely like "Why would I ever use this?!?" Which sucks hard because I'm the type of player to use everything - and it's taken a ton of fun out of the process.

I feel like a strong and unfrotunate landmark of the Souls series is to improve or even perfect something that was broken in one game, only to fuck up and break something else in its place in another game. Bleed is fucking incredible in 3, which is great because I tried sooo hard to make viable bleed builds in the previous entries with little success. But now, Poison is like utterly useless. Magic and faith builds also seem far spread out and not nearly powerful as they used to be. They seem viable, but barely. Pyro is about the same as 2, with a lot of viability and great spells that are useful in most situations. Dual wielding is OK, but seems to suffer from a real lack of damage output overall for how slow and stamina draining some weapons can be. The movesets of weapons all around don't seem to be as well thought out or interesting as 2, but not terrible. I miss powerstancing. I don't like how many weapons can't be infused. It's a shitload. The items overall are pretty good but weapon buffs don't last very long anymore. Firebombs and knives, etc are.about as useful as they will ever be so that is a plus.

MAN the camera is broken as fuck. Tracking is short leashed as shit and I fall off cliffs and run into shit trying to leash the way you can in EVERY other Souls installation.

Game is fun as shit overall. Area design is incredible, enemies are as difficult as ever but I do wish more items were more viable.

I'm rambling opinions and know I'm late to the party but I just want a place to vent some thoughts as no one I know really plays these games.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
This game is dense as fuck though and since I haven't had internet access to download updates yet, my poise is absolutely worth fuck all and shit is aggressive as fuck so the density can be quite annoying at times - not even difficult, just annoying.

Even with the update there is no "poise." Yeah it's a stat with a number next to it on your character but it's meaningless. Basically when you swing with your weapon you get hyperarmor with a break point based on the weapon you're using. Daggers have hyperarmor with an incredibly small break points so pretty much anything can stagger you mid-swing, while a great hammer or ultra greatsword has much higher break points so you can soak a hit or two mid-swing without staggering.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DLC is underwhelming and did not really add much in the way of items and spells. The new enemies were interesting, but the infinite stunrape wolverine guys can go fuck themselves. The wolves looked cool, but their ability to bypass blocking combined with their weird undodgable charge attack was lazy design. Its still worth the purchase price, but by souls game standards its pretty weak, especially measured against the DS2 extra content.