Dark Souls

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Bloodborne DLC was was way harder than vanilla. I died more times on Ludwig than every boss in Dark Souls combined so far.

I killed Knight Astorias on my 4th try. How hard is he compared to the rest of the expansion bosses?

Man, I'm on BB hiatus right now due to constant shit pushing in from the Orphan. Switching over to a bit of DS1 and WoW for a week until my blood pressure goes back down.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Man, I'm on BB hiatus right now due to constant shit pushing in from the Orphan. Switching over to a bit of DS1 and WoW for a week until my blood pressure goes back down.

Orphan can be tough. For me I kept some distance from him and parried when I could. He also can be stunned with a hit to the back with something like the Holy Moonlight Great Sword. For some reason it seems to hit him just right.

I mostly used my pizza cutter when I got it. That thing was amazing. One of the best weapons ever. It wrecked bitches.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm liking the non-linear gameplay so far. I completely skipped cathedral (didn't find it) and went straight to abyss watchers. Only reason I know is cause I was thinking of respeccing and want to see where that person is.

It's weird, my bread and butter is 2handing a broadsword. The short range hasn't bothered me and I find shield useless. I tried longer range weapons like uchigatana and lothric knight sword, but I don't like the animation of those weapons. The DPS difference is too much too. I used my early game refined gem and large titanites on my broadsword. I just like to maul things to death really quickly. Claymore is not bad though. The range made a huge difference fighting abyss watchers. I might go with a great sword or UGS later since I don't use my shield at all.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The Dauntless One The Dauntless One Two handed weapons are very popular. I personally liked the Uchigatana, it seemed quick plus the bleed effect. I personally really liked being able to block with a shield while stabbing which is why I used spears mostly. I only switched once I got the Holy Moonlight sword but I am not sure I prefer it but its a nice change of pace.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I'm still way early in the game (killed the Moonlight Butterfly) but man, topping that pig helmet is going to be tough as far as badass armor.

0FNsh0Q.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I always end up going with the Elite Knight set. It's gorgeous, and as Miyazaki notes it really nails the Soulz aesthetic.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wife is playing DS1, it's not bad, she just makes me do CR's (corpse runs) or to farm those exp guys, she just killed havel last night, holy shit once she enters sen's fortress it's gonna be many/many/many CR's from what i remember.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man, I got cursed in the fucking Depths and now I'm having a bitch of a time making my way back through.

Dark Souls basilisks scare the fuck out of me - as in I seriously hate looking at them - and I don't know if it's because they're just creepy as all hell or if it's a Pavlovian reaction to that exact shit having happened to me. At launch, when nobody knew what to do about it.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Turned in some embers finally. Made an Enchanted Great Scythe and Chaos Flamberge.

Rocking a Ring Wraith look and at the bottom this witches set I got.

g0pzvmE.png

GdOkTP0.png

zNBCvSA.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
First time ever and you one shot?

I did the same, actually. As long as you're aggressive and kill them before the others can spawn and tag-team you, they're not bad at all.

That tree though, was a dickhead.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
First time ever and you one shot?
Yes this is my first time ever playing any Dark Souls game. Soul Spear / Sorcery is fucking bonkers. I one shot Four Kings, Manus, Demon Centipede, Moonlight Butterfly, Iron Golem, Capra Demon, Gaping Dragon, Pinwheel, and I am sure others I am forgetting. Only bosses that have taken me more than 3 attempts are Kalameet, Atorias, and this asshole tree.

Killed Chester for the hell of it.

RkJ9GTo.png

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes this is my first time ever playing any Dark Souls game. Soul Spear / Sorcery is fucking bonkers. I one shot Four Kings, Manus, Demon Centipede, Moonlight Butterfly, Iron Golem, Capra Demon, Gaping Dragon, Pinwheel, and I am sure others I am forgetting. Only bosses that have taken me more than 3 attempts are Kalameet, Atorias, and this asshole tree.

Killed Chester for the hell of it.

View attachment 111122

Nice.

The highlight for me was killing that dragon on the bridge with a bow. Took forever but was hilarious and I got his tail weapon.

And praised the sun since he was back there chilling. My hardest part was that shitty tree I kept falling to my death or getting cursed.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
If I do another run through I am thinking about either a Faith/Dex build or doing a Stam/Str and going full heavy armor/shield.