Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
omg..

6Pqc2ZPME28GLxGNZoELmL.jpg

bigger image

http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/6Pq...LxGNZoELmL.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Damn they cut Tyranids, that was my favorite race. Hope it has a good campaign like the previous games and they're not trying to make it "an e-sports" like a bunch of retards.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yessss

I absolutely Love DoW1 Dark Crusade and Soulstorm. not just the RTS game play, but the meta-map in campaign mode. Having the ability to chose your next fight, what maps to take, what other races to wipe out first, what gear to get next for your commander, etc. easily my favorite RTS campaign (since WC3?)
Dark Crusade was super fun, and was generally a very well balanced campaign. Soulstorm was a half-assed, poorly balanced shadow of Dark Crusade, probably because THQ gave the project to Iron Lore instead of letting Relic do it. Iron Lore being pretty much the only THQ studio that was closed due to their own incompetence rather than THQ's. The campaign map and rewards were incredibly well balanced in Dark Crusade except for Fury. The campaign rewards in Soulstorm were mostly just a bigger and bigger honor guard, which meant once you controlled about 1/3rd of the map you could start steamrolling each territory with nothing but your starting units, so the only time you actually had to actually build up your base was when you were attacking someone's home territory.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Ok a question with the sale going on: I liked DoW1, but I found the Soulstorm campaign to be pretty bad, I usually got halfway through before getting bored. Skirmishes were ok thanks to variety of the races. Should I try the Dark Crusade ? I own only the Soulstorm standalone, so no DC campaign for me. Or should I just look into the modding scene ?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The gameplay doesn't really change, but the campaign plays out very differently since you don't accumulate an unstoppable honor guard that lets you steamroll the opposition. At 3 bucks, I'd just buy it.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Dark Crusade is one of my most beloved expansions of any game ever. Doesn't hurt it added Tau and Necrons, my two favorite 40k races.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah DoW1 was played for hundreds of hours by my friends and myself via lan on many occasions, especially when Dark Crusade came out. It was by -far- the best DoW game/expac imo. 2 always felt more like a slightly expanded Necromunda, or a tiny ass War40k table top battle. Though the Diablo loot system was pretty fun, and the story was alright-good. Conquest Mode, as others have said, was absolutely the best and most interesting part, though the honor guards eventually become simply a map-rush tactic, esp. for Tau. It had a very... Rise of Nations with a few starting "card" units, such as the Japanese early tier melee that did siege damage. They could literally just run up to a level 1 base at the start of the game and put it in capture mode in seconds, even if unaided. Getting the the Hammerhead (I think that's the rail gun tank) on Tau just meant you sprant towards the enemy base on every single map that wasn't occupied by an enemy army for an easy insta-win. And if they did have an army, your tank would kill almost everything before it was moderately damaged, not including any of your other honor guard helping out.

Had I not so much on my plate, I would definitely run back through Dark Crusade again. Much win and awesome.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What about Winter Assault? I only vaguely remember playing DoW1, pretty sure I never played any of the expansion, figure I might pick it up to waste time. Wondering if I should pick just Dark Crusade, or the pack with all the expansion even if Soulstorm sucks.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
there wasn't much to winter assault, they added imperial guard (who sucked until they got heavy weapons teams in dark crusade) and a short campaign where you could be either good guys or bad guys.

Rime

<Donor>
Only issue with Ultimate Apocalypse is that you cannot use the Tyrannids, Daemonhunters, or Daemons in a campaign mode without some finicky stuff on the side/it is not supported.

I played around with Titanium War for a while, but it gets very-very buggy when you have each side with full armies. Using the Titans as the Tau was fun, though.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That trailer lacks the punch of a "This planet... is theirs!" reveal. It's just kind of "hey everyone dies. Warhammer, bitches!"

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just want a well done campaign that includes Dark Eldar.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya ultimate apoc messed with the tutorial for dark eldar. I couldn't train Incubus off the Archon so I couldn't move past that but I got the gist of the rest.

I am going to run it as the base game and learn all that good stuff and do then campaign too. Then its skirmish time after that with all the unit cap restrictions bumped up by the mod. I wonder what my modern MSI is capable of handling on screen. Dis gon b gud.

Oh and my god are there insane numbers of choices on units with the mod. It wasn't too painful to set up and figure out either.

Might be the 10$ game purchase of my life here and I was really wanting a good RTS lately.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well I wanted DoW2 to be DoW1 with better graphics so it's our turn this time :p

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Titans? *squeels like a little girl* Ok give me the $200 collectors edition plix, and may I buy some other assorted junk to line your pockets?