Dawn of War 3

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So there is a rumor going around that there will be 4th race and it could be Necrons ...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That'd be surprising, considering adding Chaos lets you reuse a bunch of Space Marines base models and is a fairly typical War40k race, so it'd make a lot more sense. I mean I'd rather have something else but that'd be by far the most likely candidate for a race in the base game.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Squats... Confirmed!

Q269 - Iron Claw Bob Olley Squat 420228 - 1987     11-08-23.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I read the reddit speculation thread actually, does make decent points, at the very least the hints wouldn't be Chaos. The main hint is the opening quote of the trailer, which is a quote that apparently is used to define Necrons arrival. In the older codex, it was used for the Tyranids but was later changed to Necron or something, so there's a slim possibility it's Nids, but it's unlikely as it'd be kind of a shitty reveal to have Nids that were in the previous game. The point about the DoW2 recent update adding a Necron Overlord to the Last Stand mode, even though there had been no update for like what, 3 or 4 years, would also tend to suggest Necrons would be a central part of the new expansion.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Yessss
...Actually DoW Titanium mod adds tons of new units and unit upgrades to every race, including titans, and also AI upgrades(if anyone is interested, I recommend it) So hopefully DoW3 will be like the titanium mod but with a larger/better meta-map and more balance.
I am interested but... does that mod works with a non-legit version of the DoW game ?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Playing DoW 1 UA last night I blew out 3 standard AI in my 6 man FFA....

and then screens full of Necron shits, teleporting turrets and flying pyramids showed up.

I went from "this is a little easy" to full blown immersion just watching them destroy all my shit

Only complaint maybe is the Ork waagh screaming is a bit much and I couldn't adjust the volume in any way. Maybe I should stop being such an old man about it but its brutal.

Very interested in combining mods to try and get every table top unit/upgrade in semi balanced form working if you got any pointers but I think UA covers enough.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Id welcome necrons. Dow 1 had 1st codex krons. Since then a new codex added a ton more units and flair.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So this time I had the mod daemon race roll me with nigh invincible unclean ones, blood letters and half a map covered in pink horrors.

Luv dis. Hope DoW3 has more than 5 factions.

Sulrn

Deuces
Curious to see if Relic tries to turn this into a rotating P2W like CoH2, simply fails to balance and farms expansions like DoW, or lets the game mostly rot after release like DoW2.

Rime

<Donor>
Curious to see if Relic tries to turn this into a rotating P2W like CoH2, simply fails to balance and farms expansions like DoW, or lets the game mostly rot after release like DoW2.
I would absolutely love farmed expansions ala DoW, with better graphics - and for the mercy of the Emperor, I would burn a thousand heretics for Steamworkshop Mod Support.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I want Tyranids. They have been my favorite race the last few years.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That trailer was well crafted but didn't seem to hype up 40K at all other than if you just want to see mini-titans I guess. Meh. We'll see, I liked 1 and 2 was OK.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I was hoping they would leave the Thousand Sons...I mean Blood Ravens behind in this. The Lore geek in me still have ruffled feathers since the Librarian turning into a Khorne demon thing....

Sulrn

Deuces
Maybe it's because its pre-alpha, but the animations looking clunky make it look like an adult SC2.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was hoping they would leave the Thousand Sons...I mean Blood Ravens behind in this. The Lore geek in me still have ruffled feathers since the Librarian turning into a Khorne demon thing....
At least they stopped using the Alpha Legion as the default Chaos Marine bad guys. I liked that they made a Great Unclean One be the bad guy in Chaos Rising, but the rest of the time it's always Khorne Khorne Khorne Khorne Khorne.

and yeah Khorne would never elevate a librarian to princedom.

Wrathin3L

Peasant

With Commentary
Animations look top notch, but the gameplay itself looks pretty bland. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of strategy in the franchise anymore besides lure enemies into your kill zone then disrupt/stun them until they die.

After all the hours I put into DoW 1/2 & CoH1/2 this makes me sad. May be a personal peeve, but the game looks too clean compared to CoH 1/2 & DoW 1. Where's the dirty, blood, and grit?

Last edited: