DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So I finally got around to renting this steaming pile. I'm not sure what to say other than there are things that exist in these DC shitpiles that make you excited for what could be, but only if the universe were in the hands of a clone of Feige and co. Directing, writing, editing, casting... All of it was garbage. And it's been said before many times, but I'll echo the sentiment that it suffers extremely from OMGWEHAVETOCOMPETEWITHAVENGERSNOWNOWNOW syndrome. Had they done a (better) superman movie where he's not just a callous dickhead, an interim batman movie explaining why 20 years later he's a hardened asshole who kills and is generally more brutal, and perhaps maybe even done the Wonder Woman movie BEFORE this one, with a different actress ideally. Then, perhaps this wouldn't have been as ridiculous.

Also, fuck Eisenberg and fuck whoever decided to cast him as Lex Luthor's psychotic hipster faggot son who seems to work at Google, judging by his absurd "LexCorp" HQ.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
there are things that exist in these DC shitpiles that make you excited for what could be.

Fuck man, THIS.

I went into this movie with an open mind. Let's be honest, sometimes we can be hard on movies that aren't actually *that* bad. Yet, every few minutes as I'm watching this one, I've got this bewildered "What in the hell are they doing?", " What in the hell is this?" It's like I was watching some grim-dark alternate universe DC... Almost makes me wish they'd call everything we've seen up until now the other-side of a Flashpoint Paradox and they'd "fix" it in the Justice League movie and reboot this shit proper.

It could be good IF it made any kind of goddamn sense.

And I agree - if they wanted to go this route, they HAD to lay the groundwork for it....and they really didn't. Here is the fucked up part from my end though - I still want to see Khal Drogo as Aquaman. And I'll watch Justice League....and Wonder Woman. I won't go to the theater for it, that is for damn sure, but I'll Redbox the hell out of them - hoping every damn time that they learn some lessons and quit fucking up what could be goddamn glorious if they actually did it right.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I went into the movie with low expectations and was pretty thrilled walking away from it.

Just watched the BlueRay UltimateEdition (182mins) and think it was a great movie. For me it is one of the few (action)movies where the story is really told in depth, not just shit blowing up followed by silly jokes followed by more shit blowing up (which can also be fun). I am not really into superhero stuff, just casually watching some movies, and therefore dont know a lot about the backstory of the various heroes. Thats probably why i liked the story and wasnt confused by it.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just saw this for the first time over the weekend and I am not sure what to think about it. The only parts of it I really enjoyed were Alfred and Wonder Woman, and I thought Ben Affleck did alright as Batman, but the rest of it....eh. DC just isn't my cup of tea, I think, I preferred Marvel as a kid and I still do now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I honestly think this would have been a good (not great) movie without Eisenberg. His Luthor was so goddamn awful that I just can't even imagine what made Snyder think he would work for the role. Going forward I hope to god they either leave Lex out or recast him and pretend Eisenberg's version of Luthor never happened. Maybe even retcon exactly how BvS played out, although that's a pipe dream. I mean yeah there was bad stuff other than Eisenberg, but his performance dragged the whole movie down so bad that it makes everything seem worse.

Incidentally, I don't know if this was just a coincidence or the most ninja movie reference ever, but in the beginning, the movie on the marquee is Excalibur instead of Mask of Zorro, and at the end Superman impales himself farther along Doomsday's spike to kill him, just like Arthur did to kill Mordred at the end of Excalibur. Which, incidentally, is one of the most badass ways to kill someone.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
CsVYeQbWcAA_pgh.jpg

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Hah. Sooo... Flash has now lost it's second director due to "creative differences". What kind of a shit show are they running over at DC.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hah. Sooo... Flash has now lost it's second director due to "creative differences". What kind of a shit show are they running over at DC.

Make it a kid flash movie where he had to beat up the entire school and abort the try hard DC movie fuckery. Lets have some fun and goddamn hope.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Ya'll ppl that hate Eisenburg know that he based the character on Max Landis, this guy

Eisenburg met Landis a few times cuz Landis was the writer of American Ultra(some crappy movie Eisenburg was in), and decided that, that was Lex.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Max Landis is fine in small doses. But he loves to blame his failures on the "system"