DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
And of course now rumors are starting to circulate that Affleck will be done playing the role of Batman after Justice League.

Jesus ...

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
And of course now rumors are starting to circulate that Affleck will be done playing the role of Batman after Justice League.

Jesus ...
I don't blame him. You get an iconic role that you have passion for and they give you the BvS script... it's got to be frustrating to see what Marvel/Disney is doing and then see what WB is shitting out.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The fuck? Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were great.

I meant in this current age. The Nolanverse Batman is categorically different from this Justice League Shitty Marvel Clone attempt going on.

Royal

Another wrinkle:

Ben Affleck Not Directing Batman

Affleck, who most recently helmed Live by Night, wrote the script with Geoff Johns, and a rewrite was just turned in by Chris Terrio, the Oscar-winning scribe of the Affleck-directed Argo. Our sister publication Variety was first to confirm Affleck’s exit as director.

They conveniently left out that he (Terrio) also helped write BvS.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Forbes Magazine is now reporting that The Batman is getting a page 1 re-write and the release is being pushed back by about a year
How long till we hear the news Affleck is out totally?

Royal

How long till we hear the news Affleck is out totally?

If it happens it will be a while before it's announced. Probably not at least until after JL is out. They might end up using the Batman solo movie to introduce a new actor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Wonder Woman Is a Disjointed Disaster Says DC Insider
Could this be true? Makes me nervous but I can see it with DCs track record. I know its a " A friend of a friend" situation but honestly I can see it with all the crap coming out about DCEU

This article is pretty old, and been dismissed as bs clickbait. the movie is so far from release, it will have reshoots and go through numerous cuts based on test screenings.

Royal

It has already had a page 1 rewrite by Terio, so again nothing new here.

Well there is something new but the reports are conflicting. The one based more heavily on rumor/conjecture (from Forbes) is saying even the Terrio rewrite might get pitched if the new director, whoever that is, wants to go in a different direction.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
They were doing a story on NPR about Batman through the years and how each incarnation is a response to the pervious version. How Adam West's version was done because they couldn't get the rights to boy scout Superman. And how the comics and Keaton Batman got darker in response to West. Then the lightening up with Forever and B&R led to the Darker Nolanverse Batman. Now we're seeing a lighter tone with Lego Batman. Thought it was interesting. The guy was kinda koo koo though, I mean who devotes themselves to all things Batman....

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We don't need a clickbait article to know that Wonder Woman is going to be a disjointed disaster.

Royal

They were doing a story on NPR about Batman through the years and how each incarnation is a response to the pervious version. How Adam West's version was done because they couldn't get the rights to boy scout Superman. And how the comics and Keaton Batman got darker in response to West. Then the lightening up with Forever and B&R led to the Darker Nolanverse Batman. Now we're seeing a lighter tone with Lego Batman. Thought it was interesting. The guy was kinda koo koo though, I mean who devotes themselves to all things Batman....

Schnepp gives an interesting thumbnail sketch of the earlier Batman movie properties and their development in this. It's a two parter but the second half is all about the Nolan movies, which most are more familiar with.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Warner Bros. Offers The Batman To Matt Reeves

Though he’s been starting to make a name for himself around Hollywood in recent years, The Batman will be Reeves’ biggest film to date and will certainly catapult him onto another level. Apparently, it was War for the Planet of the Apes that put the director on what Deadline calls the “tentpole A list,” so it makes sense that Warner Bros. has now come knocking at his door. It seems like everyone wants a piece of him, and he’s finally about to get his shot at the big leagues.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because giving your big IP to a relatively unknown director worked out so well for Fantastic Four.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Sources Say Ben Affleck Wants Out Of The Batman

On the latest episode of Collider Movie Talk, John Campea dropped a bombshell when he announced that not one, not two but three different sources told him that Affleck is no longer interested in playing the Dark Knight and is looking to get out of the role.

I’ve talked to three separate people, both in one way or another connected in some way to what’s going on at Warner Bros. What all three have told me was that — nothing about whether the script was thrown out or whether they liked the script, nothing about the direction Matt Reeves it taking it, none of that — but one of the things that has come out of the conversation with all three is this.

They’re telling me that Ben Affleck, make no mistake, he does want out. He doesn’t want to to be Batman anymore, is what I was told. Affleck is talking with Warner Bros in an attempt to get out of being Batman. And that if they do not let him out of being Batman, the standalone Batman film that ultimately happens will be the last time we see Affleck as Batman.