DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
Warner Bro's is trying to lock in Mathew Vaughn for Man of Steel 2. Hopefully he doesnt get sucked in and have to deal with their bullshit. I also feel like Vaughn fits batman better than Superman. Guy hasnt made 1 bad film

Kick ass
Layer Cake
Stardust
Kingsman
X-men First Class
Yeah, First Class was probably the worst of his movies and it wasn't awful. At this point though I'm definitely concerned about studio interference.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Layer Cake was probably my least favorite but thats probably because Fist class had Bacon, Mccavoy, and Fassbender and im a huge X-men nerd. I would probably put Stardust as my favorite. All of his movies are easily rewatchable for me besides Layer Cake

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

Which is probably a good thing since the new script that Chris Terrio wrote to replace the Affleck/Johns script is reportedly getting shitcanned as well. So this will give them time to run through at least a couple more writers by the time they start filming.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
"According to sources close to the production, the screenplay for The Batman is being rewritten from the ground up, so it’s entirely possible that everything we’ve heard about the film’s story will no longer be in play,” reports Slashfilm.

LOL... shitshow may be an understatement.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
As the resident Superman dicksucker, I've always liked Cavill as Superman. Physically he is pretty much the exact embodiment of the character that I've always envisioned (while I'm jerking off with my Kryptonian Hard Weekend, duh). I think he's been given shit writing to work with and shit direction though, because he was thoroughly entertaining in Man From UNCLE. I would love to see him finally get to play Superman in a way that isn't mostly him looking like he's trying not to poop.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah Cavill isn't the problem.. It's the writing and tone/direction of the DC movies in general.

• 2Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
As the resident Superman dicksucker, I've always liked Cavill as Superman. Physically he is pretty much the exact embodiment of the character that I've always envisioned (while I'm jerking off with my Kryptonian Hard Weekend, duh). I think he's been given shit writing to work with and shit direction though, because he was thoroughly entertaining in Man From UNCLE. I would love to see him finally get to play Superman in a way that isn't mostly him looking like he's trying not to poop.
You OK bud?

Joking aside, you and Harshaw are right. DC casts their Heroes well (so far). Verdict is still out on Megatron Crotch and Speedy Gonzalez. But the writing, direction, and tone is killing them.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You OK bud?

Joking aside, you and Harshaw are right. DC casts their Heroes well (so far). Verdict is still out on Megatron Crotch and Speedy Gonzalez. But the writing, direction, and tone is killing them.
Just heading the inevitable comments off at the pass, so to speak.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
DC needs to straighten out it's tent pole movies before worrying about fucking side characters. The only reason I can think of why Nightwing and Batgirl are going into production is cuz the Batman movie is in shitty shape.. between directors, Affleck, rewrites, and actors saying they don't even know if they are in the movie anymore.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really like him as Superman, the writing for him is just terrible. I Actually might like the Idea of Vaughn helming Henry/Superman. Vaughn would probably want a villain the studio doesnt want like Lobo or something so it will probably not happen. Matthew vaughn and Lobo would be fantastic

Chris

Potato del Grande
Want to support Cavil being great in Man from UNCLE. Very under appreciated film.

Its just DC not knowing WTF they are doing even though Marvel left them a public blueprint.

Royal

SUPERMAN vs. KU KLUX KLAN Movie Officially In Development

I honestly feel this has to be a joke, but like a dozen different sites have the same story. I'm sure they all got it from the same place, so it could be a huge prank, but fuck me if I don't believe they might actually make such a terrible fucking movie in this SJW world.

Sounds like it's a story about the radio drama and set in the 1940's.

Royal

They probably think that it's a good time to try to cash in on a movie about the creation of the character from an angle that will give it broader appeal beyond just comic book geeks.