DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
DC really has to be fucking up for Affleck to want out. He's a huge Batman fan.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I figured with Johns actually giving the TV shit some leeway and his involvement with the films would change thing. I didn't think he'd be the next Feige, but it's apparent that corporate doesn't give him the leeway Feige had.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I figured with Johns actually giving the TV shit some leeway and his involvement with the films would change thing. I didn't think he'd be the next Feige, but it's apparent that corporate doesn't give him the leeway Feige had.

He hasn't earned the leeway that Feige has which is the problem with bringing in a comic book guy to run their movie business. Feige had a chance to prove himself while Marvel Studios was on it's own before the Disney acquisition and MS is a fully functioning studio that can turn out a film from conceptualization to finished product. DC has been a part of Warner Brothers for a long time and anyone they put in Johns' position, unless they're already a proven performer, is going to have to put up with a lot of studio oversight of what they are trying to do and navigate all of the various little fiefdoms within WB to make anything.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Has DC fucking up not been on full display for the past several years now?
ftfy.

change to decades if you ignore the sole glimmer of hope which was Nolanverse for 1-3 films, your mileage may vary.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Warner Brothers not DC. DC comics are killing it for the past year and the animated stuff is still mostly dope. Tv aint bad either.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Well if you are going to play semantics...
Time Warner is the parent company that owns:
HBO
Turner
Warner Brothers Entertainment

WB Entertainment divisions are:
WB Pictures (and related, ie films, including New Line Cinema)
WB Interactive (vidya games)
WB Television (and related, including The CW)
WB Animation (Animated films and TV)
DC Entertainment (comic books)

IDK if DC Entertainment is killing it since I don't read the comic books, but I hear WB Television is doing good with the live action shows on the CW and WB Animation is doing good with the DC animated films.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Well if you are going to play semantics...
Time Warner is the parent company that owns:
HBO
Turner
Warner Brothers Entertainment

WB Entertainment divisions are:
WB Pictures (and related, ie films, including New Line Cinema)
WB Interactive (vidya games)
WB Television (and related, including The CW)
WB Animation (Animated films and TV)
DC Entertainment (comic books)

IDK if DC Entertainment is killing it since I don't read the comic books, but I hear WB Television is doing good with the live action shows on the CW and WB Animation is doing good with the DC animated films

Semantics? You restated the point I was making and infer I was somehow splitting hairs over what again?

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
it's the DC movie thread. clearly we were discussing DC films, made by WB. You came in saying only WB sucks, DC is doing great with comics, tv, and animation. I was pointing out DC is a wholly owned subsidiary of WB, and DC only does comic books. WB does TV and Animation.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I can't believe it's looking like Aquaman--fucking Aquaman--is shaping up to be the savior of the DC cinematic universe. It seems like the only one of these movies that doesn't keep having rumors swirling or people signing on/off.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Well the early buzz for WW, from people who have seen it, is it's quite good if you liked the overall vibe of Captain America: The First Avenger.

But as the first big budget super hero film featuring a female lead, there could be other agendas driving that praise. We'll find out soon enough.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well the early buzz for WW, from people who have seen it, is it's quite good if you liked the overall vibe of Captain America: The First Avenger.

But as the first big budget super hero film featuring a female lead, there could be other agendas driving that praise. We'll find out soon enough.
You're saying..... female crazy frenzy right?

Fadaar

That guy
I can't believe it's looking like Aquaman--fucking Aquaman--is shaping up to be the savior of the DC cinematic universe. It seems like the only one of these movies that doesn't keep having rumors swirling or people signing on/off.

I still think it would have been hilarious if Adrien Grenier and James Cameron did the Aquaman movie

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

People are probably just scared of Khal Drogo ripping their head off to start any rumors. :)

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Warner Bro's is trying to lock in Mathew Vaughn for Man of Steel 2. Hopefully he doesnt get sucked in and have to deal with their bullshit. I also feel like Vaughn fits batman better than Superman. Guy hasnt made 1 bad film

Kick ass
Layer Cake
Stardust
Kingsman
X-men First Class

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Nightwing movie might be good. I would love for Vaughn to direct some DC stuff since I have enjoyed all of his movies. Stardust and First Class were his worst films and even they were good.