Deadlock - Valve makes games?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Search is broken so not sure if this was posted anywhere yet. This is apparently a shooter moba in development by Valve. There are discords and reddits setup but no acknowledgement by Valve.

Honestly seems like the concept could be a fun twist if it's a realization of everything OW2 pve mode was supposed to be.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone actually get an invite for this thing? It's got like 10k+ people playing it every day now so one of you fucks must have and can invite the rest of us.

Looks like close to Smite more than anything really?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to

• 1Like

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
Yay! An unholy trifecta comprised of a sanitized Gears of War, OW, and LoL...
I Cant Star Trek GIF by MOODMAN

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looks like close to Smite more than anything really?

Apt comparison - although since this is Valve, TF2+DOTA.

Game looks rough right now, although no idea how far along in development this actually is

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
FYI: if you are participating in the closed alpha, do not discuss it outside of approved channels, including here. They are banning accounts if they find them breaking this rule, and I've also heard they're banning the people who invite those accounts.

1723617812238.png

Trustworthy FoHers who would like to participate in it, send me a PM. AGAIN, DO NOT DISCUSS THE GAME HERE.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone remember Super Monday Night Combat? This looks so fucking familiar.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
All i'll say after about 200+ hours is, don't expect overwatch or other fps gameplay.
This game is to a tee, DOTA with the third person perspective lol

It's fun though but it is at the end of the day 100% a moba.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
All i'll say after about 200+ hours is, don't expect overwatch or other fps gameplay.
This game is to a tee, DOTA with the third person perspective lol

It's fun though but it is at the end of the day 100% a moba.
That's maybe better because I'm sick of dumb squad shooters.

Pretty funny Valve just can't let go the idea of genre mixing mobas, lol artifact.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand why this isn't a FPS. They already have a fucking moba. I just got an invite today, and played on my lunch. The match was over an hour. Who wants to be locked into a match with a bunch of retard teammates for that long? That's terrible.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is there any meta progression in the game? That might make me able to grit through bad matches if at least it's in service of +gooder.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Who wants to be locked into a match with a bunch of retard teammates for that long? That's terrible.

This is why I can't play MOBAs at all any more. At this point in my life I just don't have 30-60 minutes where I can guarantee zero interruption. Games have to either be short or have a pause function.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't understand why this isn't a FPS. They already have a fucking moba. I just got an invite today, and played on my lunch. The match was over an hour. Who wants to be locked into a match with a bunch of retard teammates for that long? That's terrible.

People buy *far* less cosmetics in FPS because they can't see them directly