Deadlock - Valve makes games?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Okay imagine this game but you're a fucking Space Marine fighting the forces of Chaos.

Valve just has the wrong IP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Okay imagine this game but you're a fucking Space Marine fighting the forces of Chaos.

Valve just has the wrong IP.

This would also suck because it'd still just be a moba.

And not like, a moba-lite or anything approaching some kind of hero shooter or FPS, 100% full on MOBA where one team has lost the game 7 minutes in because their economy is behind but it takes 30 minutes for them to realize it and finally lose.

Who is this game for? Dota people aren't gonna switch, neither are TF2 people. The remaining like 20k people that play Smite maybe?

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's valve they dont care, icefrog just wants to see where he can take mobas
They're already peaking at 41k+ players for a game thats unannounced so idk what to tell you lol

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Moba do take significant investment - I had like 2k hours in dota and pretty sure all my games were around 50+ minutes on average

Even stomps took 20 minutes

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I dunno back in the day I used to keep playing DotA games because you always have the opportunity to leapfrog with certain heroes and builds. However sometimes you get games where it's just over from the beginning and especially relying so much on teammates.

I would be more interested if there were meta progression and a reason to still play hard even in those games where you're doomed from the start.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone actually get an invite for this thing? It's got like 10k+ people playing it every day now so one of you fucks must have and can invite the rest of us.

Looks like close to Smite more than anything really?

I got an unsolicited invite to it. Sounds like a ton of people did. Probably not going to bother.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
This would also suck because it'd still just be a moba.

And not like, a moba-lite or anything approaching some kind of hero shooter or FPS, 100% full on MOBA where one team has lost the game 7 minutes in because their economy is behind but it takes 30 minutes for them to realize it and finally lose.

Who is this game for? Dota people aren't gonna switch, neither are TF2 people. The remaining like 20k people that play Smite maybe?
Seems like a bold statement for someone to say MOBA enjoyers and team shooter enjoyers wouldn't like this. There would likely be a lot of crossover.

There is still people out there enjoying the retardation that is Overwatch.

With how old the "old guard" of MOBAs are, this might actually steal players away from the Dota/League/Overwatch. I'd add TF2 but only the hardcore play that anymore anyways.

I got an unsolicited invite to it. Sounds like a ton of people did. Probably not going to bother.
Steam charts showed it peak at 40,000+ today so yeah, quite a bit of people.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You can just straight up invite anybody on your friend list now and they'll be invited right away
2 months ago it was a process of inviting somebody via email and they might get in like 4 days later lol

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
1724452120994.png

Alright we can all stop pretending like this game doesn't exist now.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't actually played so large grain of salt, but from watching a few games, this alpha map seems a little to big.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The TTK in this is waaaaay to long, need three people to focus down anything and tanks are unkillable unless they are just retarded. Late game it changes a little but nothing you do feels cool or good as is.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im sure they are using this to gather data so they can fine tune their shit. Its and Alpha after all.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The TTK in this is waaaaay to long, need three people to focus down anything and tanks are unkillable unless they are just retarded. Late game it changes a little but nothing you do feels cool or good as is.
the only real outlier i feel for this is abrams which feels like even if you have decay and toxic bullets on him he still just doesnt die without 2-3 people focusing him at all points of the game lol

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
GF got an invite to this. Could she invite me now once she install?

I'm mega burned out on online games but would at least like to check it out. Im no DOTA/LOL enjoyer though so might not be for me at all.