Deadwood

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Dan Dority was around in an earlier season for an episode as well.

Ian MacShane would be the dream addition even if it's just a short cameo. Michael Ironside was prepared to do a 60 second spot in it so why not. Final season MacShane appearance, make it happen Justified showrunners!

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Started watching this again from episode 1 last night because of this thread. This show is the fucking tits.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Finished season 1.

Terrific show. Al Swearington is like, the Avatar of Getting Shit Done. The doctor is a fantastic "fuck you, I'm trying to help people!", then Bullock beating the hell out of whatshername's dad was terrific. I am really sad that Jane left though, please tell me she comes back!

This is just fantastic proof of what you get when you write deep, complex characters and kind of "let them go" I think. This is what a lot of shows miss.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
When you see that actor in other roles it will blow your mind. Or it does me. I keep waiting for him to yell "SWEARGEN! COCKSUCKAS! WU!"

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I find Bullock, and now his wife as well seem to react poorly to Christian ministers, know little of the bible and so on. Am I seeing things or making it up in my head or is this "A Thing"?

I'm one episode short of the end of Season 2 and haven't picked up on why this is so yet. Is it because he is Canadian?

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
To be fair, how many people 150 years ago didn't know the bible well? It's only very recently that has changed.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think that Bullock just has a low tolerance for nonsense, and the S1 minister was a fountain of nonsense. Martha is a wreck over her son and reacting poorly to everyone, not just the minister.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
To be fair, how many people 150 years ago didn't know the bible well? It's only very recently that has changed.
This is what I'm saying, he seems ignorant, which seems odd to me. I guess I thought everyone was Christian and most people learned to read on their family Bibles and such.

I think that Bullock just has a low tolerance for nonsense, and the S1 minister was a fountain of nonsense. Martha is a wreck over her son and reacting poorly to everyone, not just the minister.
Maybe. Even her saying the morning prayer with the kids seems odd.

Like I said, could be imagining it. After 2 seasons in and they gave no direct explanation, there is nothing to it.

Though yes, Bullock is just intolerant of everyone.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Thats a big part of it, also I got the impression that Bullock was not much of a God-fearing man, and far from a religious man. He believes in justice, usually his own brand, and practical hard work. I think he just considers himself a "Christian" because like you say, most did in that time and place. If anything, I remember him being much more tolerant of the seizure preacher than a lot of the others.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Just finished the show.

Absolutely amazing show, beyond my expectations.

The end was such utter shit I want to murder someone.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The more recent behind the scenes stuff I have read suggests that they never really planned on doing movies or whatever, they knew the series would be ending and so they reshot that last scene to substitute for an ending. HBO immediately rolled up the sets and shit and all the movie stuff was just rumors.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The more recent behind the scenes stuff I have read suggests that they never really planned on doing movies or whatever, they knew the series would be ending and so they reshot that last scene to substitute for an ending. HBO immediately rolled up the sets and shit and all the movie stuff was just rumors.
Fucking cock teases. I waited for word so patiently.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
But it is true that the series did get cut short right?

Wasn't it mid-third season HBO decided not to continue into the fourth?

Its one thing having the main plot come to this huge boil and then... NOTHING HAPPEN! But all these little plots of all these individual characters who you have followed and fell in love with go unresolved is just horrible sinful and should be punished.

I think that is what bothers me the most: The only characters that got resolution were the ones who died. FUCK YOU!