Desktop Computers

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Ya I do as well and I'm more of a palm than a claw guy. Liking it so far though. As with any mouse/keyboard change it'll take me awhile to fully get used to it but I have no immediate complaints.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Going with the same G105 for replacement.

For mouse, anyone use this one?

Amazon.com: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse, FPS Mouse: Video Games

G502 is the best mouse currently on the market, no question.

As for keyboards I am using a Corsair Vengeance K70 with the newer short throw MX Cherry (variant on the Reds I believe?). I've tried the nicer Razer mechanical keyboard and the Logitech 710 and both died within a year (just from typing no liquids or anything). YMMV with the 710 but Razer peripherals are just trash, they have low rated components and I've never had one (and I've tried at least a dozen over the years) even hold up to minimal gaming use. On the other hand I liked the K70 enough (had it for maybe 2 years?) that I replaced it with the same model (albeit different switches to try them out). Logitech still reigns supreme with mice but their keyboards and headsets are just junk for the price these days IMO.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
At first glance I thought that mouse was a bike helmet lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I hated my G502 and gave it away. Just felt cheap and plastic. If standard button layout is ok I highly recommend the Roccat Kone series. Currently using a Corsair Scimitar but its kind of bulky and some of the thumb buttons are hard to reach even after adjusting.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I should iterate I do not use the mouse for anything but left and right button pushes. I just want something that is comfortable and is responsive. However, that said, I never really used a gaming mouse so I may not know what I am missing. Other than retraining my very old gaming habits which I doubt I could do if I wanted. Right now I am using a G400 Logitech. Which is squishy now that it drank a surly furious.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a Logitech g series and it just did not feel right in my hands. I like the weight and feel of the death adder,especially for fps gaming. Has two extra button and I use one for push to talk so that's easy.

The ducky shine is the best keyboard I've ever used. A bit more expensive than Corsair but the thing is a brick.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am going to head to best buy so I will check them out. I know they have them in stock.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I should iterate I do not use the mouse for anything but left and right button pushes. I just want something that is comfortable and is responsive. However, that said, I never really used a gaming mouse so I may not know what I am missing. Other than retraining my very old gaming habits which I doubt I could do if I wanted. Right now I am using a G400 Logitech. Which is squishy now that it drank a surly furious.
Same here. I have a G400 as well.

I can't imagine wanting to use a bunch of extra buttons on a mouse. Just seems like it'd get super confusing. I'm not twitchy enough for that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Same here. I have a G400 as well.

I can't imagine wanting to use a bunch of extra buttons on a mouse. Just seems like it'd get super confusing. I'm not twitchy enough for that.
Especially if you have big thumb, like me. Pressing one button is like pressing 4 at the same time.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Deathadder is probably the best for one or two extra buttons tbh. I like the G502 but it's way different feeling and I had to lower my DPI a lot even gaming at 4k.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I went through a couple of Razer MMO mice, and now use the Logitech version and it's been great.

I'm the opposite of Noodle, I need all. the. buttons.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd probably like an MMO mouse if I tried it, just never have. And I've been using Death Adders for the past 10 or so years pretty exclusively.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd probably like an MMO mouse if I tried it, just never have. And I've been using Death Adders for the past 10 or so years pretty exclusively.
yea my 10yr old death adder is still going strong, i've had other mice and modded them with the cherry mx too, but death adder keeps on kicking.

i've tried mmo mice, i've hated all the extra buttons. Adder has all the buttons i need.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
yea my 10yr old death adder is still going strong, i've had other mice and modded them with the cherry mx too, but death adder keeps on kicking.

i've tried mmo mice, i've hated all the extra buttons. Adder has all the buttons i need.

My death adder quit after about a year. Middle scroll wheel took a shit, also the cord started to fray at the point where it entered the mouse. Im not even hard on my shit either.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so bought a g502. It felt good in my hands and the buttons didn't seem to get in the way. This thing has crazy DPI which I do not need. What do most play overwatch on? I know that's highly subjective.