Desktop Computers

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think I'd hold off for the next series of Nvidia cards which should still be out for Cyberpunk. They are supposed to be a huge upgrade to anything out right now and just stick with whatever you have for 1080p or something to fill the gap till then.
Is 30% huge? Because it won't be more than 35%, period.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is 30% huge? Because it won't be more than 35%, period.
giphy.gif

I run a dated gtx 1070 8gb, 1440p. It’s gonna rock!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Updated my BIOS a few weeks ago and I completely forgot that doing so wipes all my bios settings on top of removing all my saved profiles. I've been running a non-oc'd system since... it feels dirty. Now I need to spend the day dialing in my OC again.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So my system is pretty ancient and I've started running into games that barely play/chug. Been reading this thread every so often because I completely stopped paying attention to PC building. I'm thinking about buying some stuff now as I wait for new stuff to come out and older models prices to drop. Trying to keep the build around $1500 or less, not sure if I'll be able to go with next gen prices and stay with that budget though. Don't need monitor/keyboard/mouse so that helps. Just need a new tower.

I was looking at the components I have and and when I bought them. As I was looking shit up I found I haven't done anything except upgrade my video card and ram since 2013 lol.

Anyways, why the fuck is the processor I bought seven years ago still over $300?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Anyways, why the fuck is the processor I bought seven years ago still over $300?

Because there's little demand for them, and what demand there is comes from people with specific needs and are willing to pay higher for it. Think best possible CPU for their chipset.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Because there's little demand for them, and what demand there is comes from people with specific needs and are willing to pay higher for it. Think best possible CPU for their chipset.

So maybe I can sell this dinosaur cpu for $150 is what you're saying? Budget now $1650!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So maybe I can sell this dinosaur cpu for $150 is what you're saying? Budget now $1650!

I mean, a 3570k isn't going to be that in-demand because it's an i5, and you can find them used for far cheaper than that. What I said was more about old cpu price reasons in general

• 1Bullshit

Fucker

Log Wizard

You can get them used on Ebay for $20. New in box CPU's have a high price tag because some people will do anything not to reload their OS and apps. 3570K is old enough now that it will sit in that box until the end of days.

I had one new in box that was a replacement for one that died. I sold it for $300 when the 4790k came out.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I like everything about that case except all the ports and buttons on the top of the case. I see a lot of cases do that now, it limits my options. My case sits under a table, I don’t have room to be sticking things into the top. I guess I could add risers to the table, idk. Just hate that design, shit should be in the front.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is pchound a pile of shit now? I used to use that for pricing and compatibility. I put a 3700x in there, no price comes up, even though I can see it on amazon. Picked a random mother board. Both processor and motherboard have big red Xs saying they don’t have compatibility info for either item. Other components seem to be working fine with pricing and compatibility.

Am I just unlucky with those two picks? Or is there some other site that does it better/how pchound used to work?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Is pchound a pile of shit now? I used to use that for pricing and compatibility. I put a 3700x in there, no price comes up, even though I can see it on amazon. Picked a random mother board. Both processor and motherboard have big red Xs saying they don’t have compatibility info for either item. Other components seem to be working fine with pricing and compatibility.

Am I just unlucky with those two picks? Or is there some other site that does it better/how pchound used to work?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This guy wasn't kidding, he's really been out of the game for awhile

Yep, I kept up with it until my 2013 build, then I completely ignored it outside of the couple upgrades. Had a kid in 2014, lost lots of free time.

Thanks for responding to dumbass questions fellas, I’ll try pcpartspicker!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Microcenter is selling the 3700X for $260 in-store plus an extra $20 off when you buy a mobo. Absolute steal for that if you have one near you. Been on mine for half a year and the thing is rock solid.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They really need to open up a Vegas location and roll our frys over into it's self-dug grave.

Oldbased

> Than U
Not sure if I had posted this but my new system build on New Years had 2 issues. Even on the PRIOR PC I couldn't get the MSI MPG27CQ to enter sleep/standby mode. It would shut down then turn off the LED bar at bottom then power back up to a black screen but still utilizing 50 watts of power. It also did the same on the all brand new system. Also I couldn't get the system to power down into sleep mode either.

I fixed both issues by accident. I selected windows icon>power>sleep one time. Once I manually entered the system to sleep, monitor sleeps after 20 minutes and system after 45 every time perfectly.

This seems to be a very good deal. My 2015 Razor Chroma Widow is showing some age so I am considering. Anyone have this keyboard?
It was on Amazon as well price matched but sold out there.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if I had posted this but my new system build on New Years had 2 issues. Even on the PRIOR PC I couldn't get the MSI MPG27CQ to enter sleep/standby mode. It would shut down then turn off the LED bar at bottom then power back up to a black screen but still utilizing 50 watts of power. It also did the same on the all brand new system. Also I couldn't get the system to power down into sleep mode either.

I fixed both issues by accident. I selected windows icon>power>sleep one time. Once I manually entered the system to sleep, monitor sleeps after 20 minutes and system after 45 every time perfectly.

This seems to be a very good deal. My 2015 Razor Chroma Widow is showing some age so I am considering. Anyone have this keyboard?
It was on Amazon as well price matched but sold out there.
I had a K65 and liked it quite a bit. Best build quality of any keyboard I've owned, though that was quite a few years ago

• 1Like